Mozilla Firefox is a popular browser that is used by millions worldwide. There are several Firefox add-ons that improve the music listening experience.
They come in different forms from enabling you to control your online or desktop media player, to help you fill in music to your album collection.
Some also aid in tweeting current song to Twitter followers and sharing music on Facebook.
However, audio equalizers on the other hand make it easy to change the balance of frequency components of playing audio.
Hence, audio equalizer for Firefox makes it easier to adjust the frequency from within Mozilla Firefox web browser.
What are the best audio equalizers for Firefox?
Audio Equalizer is one of the most downloaded audio equalizers for Firefox. If you want an audio equalizer that enables you to play any embedded video, then this is the ideal equalizer to choose from.
Some of its basic features include:
- Low CPU usage
- Frequency balancing
- Replaces HTML5 video tags with HTML embed tags
In addition, WildFox works efficiently with media players such as Windows Media Player, Adobe Media Player, and VLC Mozilla Firefox add-ons.
However some of its limitations are:
- Cannot switch resolutions (streams) dynamically. Make sure the proper stream is started by default.
- Does not work with Media Source Extensions (MSE) video tags, disable MSE in the browser for this.
- In recent Firefox versions (50+), browser plugins are no longer supported, making it impossible to use embed/object-based tags any more. Use an older Firefox version to regain functionality.
This audio equalizer for Firefox on the hand is a parametric / graphic equalizer for Windows. It is implemented as an Audio Processing Object (APO) for the system effect infrastructure
Features of Equalizer APO include:
- Virtually unlimited number of filters
- Works on any number of channels
- Very low latency, which makes it suited for interactive applications
- Low CPU usage
- Modular graphical user interface
- VST plugin support
- Integrates into Voicemeeter
Furthermore, Equalizer APO best used in conjunction with Room EQ Wizard, because it can read its filter text file format.
Also, it is compatible with Windows OS such as Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. If you want instructions on installation and configuration, visit the official wiki site.
Saving the best for the last, Peace Equalizer combines the functionalities of an equalizer and audio mixer together. This audio equalizer for Firefox has an effects panel, a graph window and GUI.
Features of Peace Equalizer include:
- Up to 31 gain dB Equalizer sliders per channel/speaker
- 9 speakers support (all, stereo, 5.1 and 7.1)
- Filters: peak, low/high pass and shelf, band, notch and all pass
- Pre amplifying dB values for volume control (per channel/speaker)
- Graph of your filters (transfer function) per speaker
- Make, save and activate own equalizer configurations (presets)
- Select a device for your equalizer configuration
- Dance, rock, classic, bass boost, custom presets, and many more.
- Alter audio sound through buttons like expand and compress
- Control by tray, hotkeys and desktop shortcuts
- Automatic activation by program start and device selection
In addition, Peace Equalizer supports the following languages: English, Czech, Deutsch, Dutch, Italian, and Russian. Also, Peace Equalizer is compatible with several Windows OS such as Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
Furthermore, your configuration (e.g. EQ, preset, profile) can be saved and activated again by 1-click, hotkey, tray or desktop shortcut.
However, some antivirus software may detect PeaceSetup.exe or Peace.exe as virus; this is a false positive.
Download Peace Equalizer
In conclusion, this list of best audio equalizer for Firefox is not complete as we do expect more add-ons from Firefox add-ons repository. However, you may be interested in Graphical Equalizer.
Let us know your experiences by commenting below.