- Automating browser actions is extremely useful for a boost of productivity in your daily workflow.
- Find below a few tools that you can add to your browser to perform this task.
- More recommendations and tutorials related to online surfing can be found in our Browsers Hub.
- For ideas on optimizing your Windows 10 experience, see our dedicated Windows 10 Tips page.
If you want to know how to automate browser actions on Windows 10, you found the right web-page.
Keeping up with a wide number of repetitive tasks while also covering all the other requirements for your job can be a hard endeavor.
Because everything today is based on efficiency and speed, it is becoming more critical than ever to be able to automate some (if not all) of the repetitive tasks you need to perform constantly.
These activities can include a variety of fields of work and a variety of situations. Maybe you need to fill a large number of forms, accept or deny a wide range of job applications, etc.
All of these tasks, if automated, give you the time to concentrate on the tasks that require your full attention. Read on to find out more.
How can I automate browser actions on Windows 10?
Selenium Webdriver is a framework meant for automating cross-browser testing to verify that apps perform as expected. It comes with four components – IDE, Webdriver, Grid, and RC – each with its own function.
The Selenium suite is compatible with all popular browsers, Opera included, and works on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
The tool allows you to choose a programming language of your choice to create test scripts. It supports C#, Python, Java, Ruby, or PHP.
One advantage of using Selenium is that you can write your Selenium code in any programming language, not necessarily that of the tested application.
OperaTry Opera today and start automating daily tasks in no time in any programming language you want.
This tiny extension gives you the capability to automatically fill forms, but can also perform complex activities by using its scripting and injection options.
Some of the best features of CBA:
- Record – allows CBA to record all your interactions with a specific webpage
- Play – gives you the power to replay the recording, and so re-do the entire set of repetitive actions
- Injection – useful for debugging and app testing by developers, allows you to inject different scripts into webpages to see how the performance is affected
Here are some of its best features:
- Based on Chromium technology
- Ability to complete Excel sheets and complex web forms from web pages
- Play, record, pause or update macros
- User-friendly interface
Here are some of the best features added to the capabilities mentioned for Kantu:
- Allows web scripting
- Can perform data extraction
- Web testing capabilities
- Multi-page form filling
- Compatible with MS Excel
This tool is compatible with Java, C#, Ruby, Python, etc. It can both record and replay macros, but also allows you to use it for debugging and seeing test results for Chrome.
So in this article, we explored some of the best browser automation extensions available. These tools will allow you to easily complete forms online, and also to automate many other different tasks.
Please let us know which option you chose and why by using the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about automating PC actions
- What tasks are typically automated by a website?
Some of the things that you can automate in a website are log in actions, filling forms, or webpage navigation. Note that you will need a dedicated extension or software added to your browser.
- What’s the best automation software for Windows?
You can find various automation programs for Windows; some enable users to script macros and apps from scratch, while others can be used by the less code-savvy users.
- How do I automate tasks in Windows?
Windows has a built-in tool that you can use to automate some basic actions, like opening an app, a website, or sending an email.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and was completely revamped and updated in July 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.