With the constant increase in sales and production orders for the automotive industry, using an automobile dealer software is a must. More and more people are interested in highly efficient vehicles, and if you own a car dealership, you know how hard it is to keep track of sales, customers, customer’s preferences, and employees all at once.
The classical way of keeping records and managing sales was done by printing a large amount of papers, that are to be stored in files. This is a very inneficient way to manage your business because in some situations storage space can be a problem, people can lose or misplace papers, etc.
The solution to solving all these issues is to used specialized software designed specifically to help you easily manage every aspect of your car dealership. In this article, we will explore some of the best software options on the market that allow you to do just that, and in some cases, even more.
uAutoDealers is a powerful PHP based script that allows you to easily modify the data your dealership owns about the cars on sale, can create an unlimited number of online listing pages, and can be customized to meet your company’s needs with ease.
General overview of key features:
- Real-Time information – allows real-time price listing and bidding
- Multiple sellers – can be used for single and multi-seller sites
- Fully open-source
- Responsive design for all devices
- Multi-language support
- Modern and clean HTML5/CCS3 template
Additional optional modules:
- Embedded database of auto makes, models etc
- Multi-database support
- VAT calculation by company definitions
Because of the wide range of uses that are covered by uAutoDealers, next we will explore some of the features based on feature type.
Seller account features:
- Statistics on dashboard
- Company details
- Company staff management
- Company locations management
- Authorized buyers management
- Customers management
- Saved listings management (from search results)
- Seller listings management
- Muliti-images uploading
- Listing image gallery
- Account profile and settings
- Possibility to define vehicle features
Buyer account features – encompasses dashboard statistics, company details, staff management, image gallery, and adds:
- Related sellers management
- Search preferences management
- Saved listings management (from search results)
- Bids management
- Account profile and settings
- Administrator control panel
- Configuration panel
- Full inventory management
- Sellers and buyers management
- Sellers groups/companies
- Private/company sellers
- Seller company locations management
- Seller customers
- Authorized buyers for seller company
- Different seller roles: admin, sale person, manager.
- Private/company buyers
- Buyer search preferences
- Listings management
- Email templates management
Even though these features cover almost all areas of your car dealership, there are even more additional modules available – backup, testimonials, blog, news, etc.
uAutoDealers comes in 3 different versions distinguished by the features they offer:
- Standard version
- Premium version
- Professional version
You can also add additional services to any version of the program you want to buy.
DealerTrack DMS is another great software option that allows you to easily manage your dealership. This app gives you all the tools you need under one cloud platform. This allows easy access to any stored data, can gather information regarding sales, customers needs, and also keeps all your data safe online.
One of the best features of DealerTrack DMS is that it has full integration with OEM (original equipment manufacturer). You can use OEM to produce efficient results and make more profit by connecting all your company’s departments under one hub.
You can easily automate key processes, obtain real-time information about your business, manage customer’s complaints, increase productivity by reducing costs and using the built-in accounting application that allows you to keep tabs on account balances, transactions, and your dealership performance.
With DealerTrack, you can easily see detailed information about the transactions and that offers you the posibility to notice any issues and solve them in real-time, by using the intuitive user interface. You can also create, customize and produce scheduled reports in any format you want.
With the fixed operations features found in DealerTrack, you can automate your business processes and also review and consolidate any function or system. This is achieved by joining the Parts and Service departments of your company into one.
Using this feature makes it easier than ever to control every aspect of your business from a single screen, and is one of the best strategies that can reduce the number of errors. This in turn makes your dealership run smoothly.
Key features include:
- DMS advanced reporting – can create your own custom reports
- Credit card processing – secure credit and debit card transactions
- Bar code scanning – track and manage your parts inventory
- Daily rental system – create, track, and manage your vehicle rentals
- Document management – scan, archive, and file documents
- Hardware – certified hardware
- Key tracking system – car key management service
- Labor time guides – can create accurate service claims for a streamlined payment process
- Service dispatching – send electronic repair orders
- Service price guides – accurate service repair quotes for your customers
DealerCenter is another great auto-dealer software designed to simplify your company’s day-to-day operations. Being cloud-based, this software allows you to keep your data stored safely and securely, and you can also access it remotely and see real-time data from anywhere in the world.
Key features include:
- Inventory management – recording and reviewing of your vehicle stocks
- Managing costs
- AutoCheck unlimited – review detailed car histories
- NMVTIS and Carfax integrations
- AutoStructure – supports desk actions with automated deal and loan calculations, document management, etc.
- QuickBooks – RFC management for BHPH (buy-here-pay-here), eliminates file duplicates, centralizes sales paperwork
- Ability to schedule reports
- Credit bureau services – you gain access to customer credit checks with built-in protection and authentication measures
- Website and marketing functions – custom professional-looking websites from templates, ability to post ads online on any third-party channel like AutoTrader or eBay Motors.
DealerCenter also offers a good range of vehicle booking services that will surely help you be more efficient:
- NADA Rooftop
- Kelley Blue Book (KBB)
- Black Book Desktop
- Black Book Motorcycle
- Black Book Mobile
- Manheim Market Report (MMR)
— Editor’s Note: If you’re interested in other car software and tools, check out our wide collection of guides.
EverLogic is another great car dealership management software option. It is a cloud-based software that encompasses sales, parts and service departments. This software includes nine modules – customer management, parts inventory, document management, sales and finance, QuickBooks accounting, etc.
You can use EverLogic to easily enter new data and manage the data already on your storage regarding customer demographics, buying preferences, etc, all from one dashboard. Customer’s activity is logged in automatically, and you can easily keep an accurate inventory by using features like – inventory tracking, stock refills, cycle counting.
The point of sale (POS) service provided by EverLogic, is a complete payment system that allows barcode use. This feature can streamline the selling and logistics of parts or cars, keeping you updated on every change or possible issues.
With the sales and finance module, you can calculate APR payments, taxes, and even manage sales quotes and accounts. You can set a sales objective and measure your employee’s performance, and also schedule deliveries using the included delivery calendar.
Everlogic also has a unit inventory module that offer features like dealer hold back, line of credit tracking, features list, etc. , and also allows you to create invoices and track ayments with QuickBooks accounting.
Other notable features include:
- Item-account mapping
- Window sticker printing
- Ageing and itemization
- Document storage and management
- Back office administration management
- OPOS compliant peripherals supported
- Supplier catalog management
- Lead capture
- Activity logging
DealersLink is another great software option that allows you to manage all aspects of your car dealership from one dashboard.
You can also use DealersLink to create health reports, automate the bidding process, scan mobile barcodes, sync vehicle data across devices, track your inventory and dealer inventory, make specific vehicle searches, access to dealer rating system, and also is integrated with Carfax and AutoCheck.
AuctionLink is a great module that comes included with DealerLink, that is a free online vehicle auction system, open to all members of DealersLink. You can use this module for live bidding, reserved bidding and vehicle reporting.
The LiquidationLink module allows dealers to post older vehicles for sale bellow their wholesale price, in order to get rid of old inventory and clear up space in your car dealership.
ExportPro allows you to easily manage your inventory. You gain access to vehicle details such as specifications, princing, photos. This module can automatically create descriptions, marketing content – stickers and guides, exports logs of vehicles.
The analytics module of DealersLink provides you with various reports like retail market analytics, inventory health and stocking reports, and velocity reports.
The Dealership Tools module offers a wide range of useful features:
- Vehicle barcode scanner
- Inventory booking
- Inventory management
- Photo management
- Vendor consolidation
- Optimizes inventory by stocking and selling right
- Buy and pay through the software
- Allows users to shoot and manage pictures of vehicle
- Customer Brochures
- Import / export data
- Sales reports
- Stocking Report
In this article, we explored some of the best software options on the market, that allow you to manage every aspect of your car dealership. This list encompasses an incredibly wide range of features that will surely help you and your business achieve better results.
We would love to know what software option you chose from this list and why. Let us know in the comment section below.
RELATED GUIDES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 6 best small business finance software to use
- 5 best payroll software for small businesses
- 5 useful enterprise backup software to buy for your business
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2019 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.