- The Avast Business Hub is a suite of tools designed to protect your business from ransomware attacks and more.
- Learn how to defend against all threats with a dedicated antivirus for your company.
- Back up your data and store it in the cloud with a high level of encryption and security.
There is an increased number of ransomware attacks on company websites all over the world and nobody needs to tell you how important is to keep your sensitive information safe.
What are ransomware attacks? Wrongdoers will use specialized techniques and tools to get into the PCs and devices within your business network and encrypt your data.
Then, they will ask for money to restore your data, probably threatening to delete them if you don’t comply.
That is why you need to back up your sensitive data and protect them at all costs to avoid and counter any suck possible outcome.
How to choose the best anti-ransomware protection for your business?
First, you need to identify the need for a good defense for your business in terms of security but also for compliance with your industry regulations.
We outlined three main directions to go for when dealing with these kinds of ransomware and malware attacks in general.
➡ Get the best antivirus for business
The antivirus is the first line of defense to counter the attacks so you should give it the proper attention and get the best for your particular needs.
And because it’s important to personalize the solution to your business, it’s important to get as much information as possible on the product you want to buy.
For instance, Avast next-gen antivirus welcomes you with a complete array of options and comes with a Help me choose feature that helps you customize the product.
➡ Automatize your patch management
A very common problem for businesses all over the world is the patch management system. Applying patches to the whole network is extremely important for security.
Unpatched systems become vulnerable spots in the network and once the attackers are in, they can infect the whole system.
Avast Business Hub can be outfitted with a Patch Management tool that allows the system administrators to detect and patch all the machines from a single dashboard.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
➡ Ensure safe cloud backup
Sales, management, and clients’ data can be compromised after a ransom attack. And if the wrongdoers manage to get past your defense system, you need to have a backup.
The golden rule is to have a three-system backup set up. That means having outside backup on physical media, digital backup on a system outside your business network, and cloud backup.
When it comes to the third option, Avast Business Hub is already cloud-based and it can automatically perform regular backups from all the devices on your business network.
How can I protect my business with Avast Business Hub?
1. Use Avast Business Antivirus
As we’ve mentioned above, the antivirus is the first line of defense against attacks so it must be a powerful solution with proactive functions.
Avast Business Antivirus not only detects and removes malware but also prevents attacks so that your network-connected devices are fully protected online.
Although you have the option to customize it to your present needs, this solution is fully scalable so it will grow together with your business to cover all your endpoints when you expand the network.
You also need a fast and simple to use product and this tool is very easy to implement and update so it can maximize the workflow and productivity of your IT department.
One of its most important features is the Behavior Shield that monitors all software installed on all devices to observe any uncharacteristic changes and stops any possible harmful activity.
Other great features include the File Shield and Mail Shield that scan the downloaded or opened files and the incoming and outgoing emails for malware.
There are three versions that you can opt for. The other two are Avast Business Antivirus Pro and Pro Plus
The Pro Plus version comes with a few more important features like Data Shredder, Browser Cleaner, Webcam Shield, Password Protection, and SecureLine VPN.
Here’s how you can download and use Avast Business Antivirus:
- Go to the Avast Business Antivirus dedicated page and click on the Buy now button, then decide which product to opt for and complete the checkout.
- First, you will need to create a business account on Avast’s dedicated Business Hub webpage and you will be brought into your online dashboard where you will also get the installer.
- After you install Avast Antivirus, open the app and under the Protection option from the left, you will see all the antivirus actions like scanning, controlling the Core Shields, the Quarantine, Wi-Fi Inspector, Firewall and Sandbox.
- If you click on the Privacy option from the left pane, you will be able to control the Password Protection tool, the Webcam Shield and the Data Shredder. However, these options are only available in the Pro Plus version so if you need them, choose the right product.
As you can see, it’s very simple to implement and use Avast Business Antivirus and the Pro Plus additions are worth every penny if you need them for your business.
There is also the option to get the Avast Windows Server Antivirus that will also help you protect the main core of your network.
2. Use Avast Patch Management
Microsoft issues constant patches for the system but what about third-party apps that you install on your endpoints?
Updating and patching them is paramount for the security of your devices as outdated software can contain loopholes that can be easily exploited by attackers.
Avast Patch Management not only helps admins patch the third-party apps remotely but also provides an automated process that will save a lot of effort.
This way, you can distribute the tested patches to thousands of machines in minutes, with a very low impact on your network.
The Avast Patch Management app offers support for Windows but also from thousands of other products like iTunes, Oracle, Adobe Flash and Reader, Java, and many more.
And the IT team can do that from a single dashboard from anywhere to all the devices, wherever they are, even if they are behind a firewall or in a sleep mode.
That’s because the Avast Business Hub is a cloud-based platform accessible on many platforms with a simple Internet connection.
Let us go through a quick guide on how to get the Avast Patch Management tool and use it.
- Log into your Business Hub account that you created earlier.
- From your dashboard click on Account from the left pane, then select the Subscriptions tab and select the Start trial or Buy now buttons from the Patch Management option.
- To install Patch Management on your endpoints, click on Devices from the left pane and select the Install button under the Patch category.
- Now click on Install & Enable to confirm the choice. Installing will take a bit of time because the Patch Management will scan all the devices for patches.
- Next, go to the Patches option, then senect the Pending third-party patches.
- Click the boxes for the patches you want to install or click on the Patch name box to select all and select the Install button for the individual patches or the Install all button. Of course, you can first select the machine you want to update the patches for from the Devices option.
- If the device is offline, the patching process will begin after they become available. The process will also take some time, depending on the number of devices and the number and complexity of the patches. You will see the ongoing process in the Installing patch frame on top.
You probably noticed that the process is extremely simple, and it can be easily applied to all the devices in your network.
3. Use Avast Cloud Backup
First of all, a cloud backup is an excellent method for protecting your data and with the increasing number of ransomware, it has become a must.
With Avast Cloud Backup, you will be able to do just that, to backup your most important data from anywhere. Your files, folder, server, and even accounting files or QuickBooks will be safe.
And the best of all is that with one backup plan you will protect as many devices as you want and keep the data for unlimited time.
After you’ve installed the Cloud Backup for your devices, if something goes wrong with any of the systems, you can perform a recovery from anywhere using the Business Hub.
As security cannot be a trade-off, you will be happy to know that all the files you are backing up on the cloud are encrypted during the transfer and in the cloud.
Here’s our quick guide on how to install Cloud Backup on your devices and use it.
- Log into your Avast Business Hub account.
- Click on Account from the left pane, then select the Subscriptions tab and select the Start trial or Buy now buttons from the Cloud Backup option.
- Now select Devices and click on the Install button from the CB category.
- Click on Install & Enable to confirm.
- Select the three vertical dots from a device, hover over the Cloud Backup option and select Back up now.
- You can do the same for all the devices if you access the More option from the upper panel, select Cloud Backup and then click on the Back up now option.
The devices will begin to backup silently in the background, without interfering with your other work so it’s no need to supervise the operation.
How can I scan the network and add devices quicker?
With Avast Business hub, it’s all about adding the devices from your network. You can add them one by one but the process can be more time-consuming.
If all your devices are in your local network, the process becomes a lot more simple and quick.
- Click on Devices from the left pane and select the Network Discovery tab.
- Now click the Scan button and wait for the network devices to be discovered.
- The devices will start appearing in the lower pane. In our example we don’t have many but for you, this will be different.
- Once the scan is completed, you can click the Install security services button to install all the tools we wrote about above.
We hope that our guide helped you find out how you can protect your business against ransomware and other malicious attacks by using the Avast Business Hub and tools.
Keep in mind that for a better defense, you will need three important components: antivirus, backup, and patch solutions.
Of course, there are many other solutions that can solve the three components individually but having all of them in a single place under one dashboard makes it all a lot more simple.
Avast Business HubEntirely protect every piece of data within your business using this all-in-one cloud security platform.
Using a single solution will help you cut costs, simplify all the processes and, most importantly, keep your business data safe and secure.
Have you tried Avast Business Hub? Tell us about your experience in the comment section below.