- If Avast Driver Updater is not working, the issue is usually related to your security software.
- In case you're having issues, you can always try using a different and more reliable driver updater.
- Making sure that you have installed the Avast Driver Updater correctly is one easy way of solving this problem.
- Uninstalling your security software can help if Avast Driver Updater is not backing up drivers.
If you have any outdated or broken drivers, Avast Driver Updater, as the name suggests, scans your hardware and updates them in order to prevent any issues with your device.
Some users report that the Avast Driver Updater is not working, which can potentially cause a lot of issues in the future, if left unsolved.
One reason for why Avast Driver Updater is not working as it should can be related with not being stalled properly.
In this article we will explore the exact steps you need to take in order to fix the Avast Driver Updater not working, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I fix Avast Driver Updater if it’s not working?
1. Use a specialized software
There are plenty of software out there that scans your hardware and updates all outdated or broken drivers, and using one that is error free and reliable is our recommendation.
Various errors are the result of a malfunctioning driver. When this is the case, you may need to update or reinstall completely this specific component. As the process is not straight-forward to complete, we recommend using an automated tool for the job. Here's how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Check for other security software installed on your device
Having more than one security software installed on your device can be the reason to why the Avast Driver Updater is not working.
Since you are trying to use it and another software is also running, having both of them open is conflicting which results in malfunctioning of the Avast Driver Updater.
Make sure to check if you have other security software installed, and if you do, uninstall it and after you reboot your device try to run the Avast Driver Updater again.
This is a simple solution, but it might help you if Avast Driver Updater is not backing up drivers properly.
3. Install Avast Driver Updater properly
- After downloading the Avast driver updater file click on it.
- Right-click on the downloaded setup file and choose Run as administrator.
- Click Yes when asked for the permission from the User Control dialog box.
- Next, click on Scan Drivers and wait for the software to finish scanning your device.
- Next, click on Update all and select Unlock all features.
- Choose the appropriate option and click OK.
- You are now all set up.
This is a simple solution, so be sure to try it if Avast Driver Updater is not working for you.
4. Driver restoration
If one or more drivers failed to update you can click on the Avast Driver Updater folder from your desktop and see the overview of those drivers.
Make sure to check the driver due to which you are experiencing the issue and restore a previous version of the driver from the Driver Versions panel.
This is about all. Be sure to try all of our solutions if the Avast Driver Updater is not working on your PC.
We would love to hear which of the presented solutions worked best for you, so don’t hesitate to leave us a comment in the section below.