Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- If Avast Driver Updater is not working, the issue is usually related to your security software.
- If you're having issues, you can always try using a different and more reliable driver updater.
- Ensuring you have installed the Avast Driver Updater correctly is one easy way of solving this problem.
- Uninstalling your security software can help if Avast Driver Updater is not backing up drivers.
If you have any outdated or broken drivers, Avast Driver Updater, as the name suggests, scans your hardware and updates them to prevent any issues with your device.
Some users report that the Avast Driver Updater is not working, which can cause many future issues if left unsolved.
Avast Driver Updater is not working as it should be due to not being stalled properly. In this article, we will explore the steps you need to take to fix the Avast Driver Updater not working, so keep reading.
Why is Avast Driver Updater not working?
There could be several reasons why Avast Driver Updater is not working. Here are some possible reasons:
- Outdated version – If you use an outdated version of Avast Driver Updater, it may need to be fixed.
- Internet connectivity – Avast Driver Updater requires a stable internet connection to download and install the latest drivers. Poor internet connectivity or connection issues may prevent the program from functioning correctly.
- Interference from other programs – Other programs running on your computer, such as antivirus software or firewalls, may interfere with the operation of Avast Driver Updater.
- Corrupted or missing files – If the Avast Driver Updater program files are corrupted or missing, they may not function correctly.
- Compatibility issues – Avast Driver Updater may not be compatible with your operating system or other hardware/software components on your computer, leading to malfunctions.
What can I do if Avast Driver Updater is not working?
1. Use a specialized software
Plenty of software out there scans your hardware and updates all outdated or broken drivers, and using one that is error-free and reliable is our recommendation.
- Download and install Outbyte Driver Updater.
- Launch the software.
- Wait for the app to detect all faulty drivers.
- Now, it will show you all the malfunctioning drivers listed to select the ones to Update or Ignore.
- Click on Update & Apply Selected to download and install the newest versions.
- Restart your PC to ensure the applied changes.
Outbyte Driver UpdaterSecure your Windows PC with Outbyte from various errors caused by problematic drivers.
2. Check for other security software installed on your device
- Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl, and hit Enter.
- Click on any other security app, and choose Uninstall/Change.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Having more than one security software installed on your device can be why the Avast Driver Updater is not working.
Since you are trying to use it and another software is also running, having both open is conflicting, which results in the malfunctioning of the Avast Driver Updater.
Make sure to check if you have other security software installed, and if you do, uninstall it, and after you reboot your device, try to rerun the Avast Driver Updater.
This is a simple solution, but it might help if Avast Driver Updater is not backing up drivers properly.
3. Install Avast Driver Updater properly
- After downloading the Avast driver updater file, click on it.
- Right-click on the downloaded setup file and choose Run as administrator.
- Click Yes when asked for permission from the User Control dialog box.
- Next, click Scan Drivers, wait for the software to finish scanning, click on Update all, and select Unlock all features.
- Choose the appropriate option and click OK.
- You are now all set up.
This is a simple solution, so try it if Avast Driver Updater is not working.
This is about all. Be sure to try all our solutions if the Avast Driver Updater is not working on your PC.
We would love to hear which solutions worked best for you, so don’t hesitate to comment in the section below.