6 tools to boost bass sound on Windows 10 PCs [2019 LIST]
Music is an art form that has evolved along with the human species from the tribal times. It was ingrained in our being from the times people were discovering fire and it has played a crucial role in the evolution of culture, tradition and ceremony. It provides a form of expression that can resonate with people from all aspects of life because it is such a native and natural way to convey messages and feelings.
Sound has been used for a multitude of purposes ranging from the initiation ceremonies to spiritual awakening processes and healing, and it is one of the best creator and tool of expression of emotion the human species have ever come up with.
As Nicola Tesla once famously said : ‘‘If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration. ”
In this article, we will not try to understand the universe but we will explore the best software options of 2018 that allow you to tweak the bass and other features. In this way, you’ll have an audio experience specifically tailored to your needs, no matter if you’re listening to music, podcasts or radio shows.
Equalizer APO is one of the best equalizers for tweaking you audio experience to the smallest details. It is a very reliable tool and you can use it in conjuction with Room EQ Wizard allowing you to easily read its filter text file forma. This tool also has a very useful UI add-on called Peace GUI.
Equalizer APO can significantly enhance and improve the quality of your sound. Once it’s installed, it can be configured by accessing it’s configuration TXT file found in the installation folder on your Windows 10 PC.
Equalizer APO features:
- Virtually unlimited number of filters
- Incredible bass-boost capabilities
- Works on any number of channels
- Very low latency, which makes it suited for interactive applications
- Low CPU usage
- Modular graphical user interface
- VST plugin support
- Integrates into Voicemeeter
Some users have had problems with making Equalizer APO work. The most common mistake people make is that they do not restart their Windows 10 PCs after installation and they forget to activate their playback device in EQ APO. That solves the problem and gets the program running in no time.
Equalizer APO also offers you the possibility to transform its look by installing Peace GUI , that makes it even easier to use and adds audio mixing tools to your PC.
Using Peace GUI with Equalizer APO offers you other very important options:
- Effects panel – balance, cross feeding, delay
- Graph window
- You can save configurations and activate them by a simple click/hotkey or desktop shortcut
- Up to 31 gain dB Equalizer sliders per channel/speaker
- 9 speakers support (all, stereo, 5.1 and 7.1)
- Filter frequencies, dB gains, filter qualities can all be changed per slider
- Filters: peak, low/high pass and shelf, band, notch and all pass
- Pre amplifying dB values for volume control (per channel/speaker)
- Graph of your filters (transfer function) per speaker
- Create, save and activate own equalizer configurations (presets)
- Besides your own presets, there are dance, rock, classic, bass boost, etc.
- Alter audio sound through buttons like expand and compress
- Control by tray, hotkeys and desktop shortcuts
- Automatic activation by program start and device selection
In order to get everything set up you want to first install Equalizer APO and then install Peace GUI. Your antivirus may detect a virus in the PeaceSetup file. You don’t have to worry because this is only a false positive.
You can check out the step-by-step guide for install instructions and configuration here .
FX Sound (Recommended)
FX Sound, formerly known as DFX Audio Enhancer, which is one of the world’s most popular PC multimedia software accessory.
This tool enhances the sound of most online music and video content – Youtube, Pandora, Spotify – and also runs real-time audio enhancement on a variety of players including iTunes, Windows Media Player and of course Winamp.
FX Sound has a completely overhauled user interface compared to DFX allowing you to have a highly intuitive and aesthetically pleasing experience while using it.
If you own an average quality set of PC speakers – that has stopped you from experiencing your music fully – and you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a quality audio system, then FX Sound is definitely a cheaper alternative. It transforms the way you listen to songs into a top-of-the-range listening experience.
This software is very simple and easy to use, it runs in the background and it has a huge impact on the way you’re able to listen to music in 2018.
FX Sound key features:
- 7.1 Surround Sound
- High definition music optimization without playback delay
- Optimization for low quality tracks even – YouTube, Spotify and Pandora
- You can erase audio compression – MP3s are heavily compressed to reduce file size but this also affects sound quality
- Deep Bass and Upper Bass Adjustment
- Lower-midrange adjustments
- Fidelity and ambience adjustments
- Dynamic Range
- You can easily create and save your own presets.
Even though FX Sound offers all of the features presented above, we will now focus on the Deep Bass and Upper Bass adjustment options.
These two features allow you to easily control/boost or cut bass frequencies: bass guitars, drum sets, electronic drum machines/acoustic drums.
Much of the older audio recordings don’t have much bass energy. FX Sound fixes that with its 110Hz control. In the case that you own a low cost speaker system, you will probably find that the bass doesn’t sound deep enough, ruining your listening experience. If that is the case then it is advisable that you decrease the 110Hz settings to fix it.
Previous users of DFX can upgrade to Fx Sound Premium with a discount.
Bass Treble Booster
Bass Treble Booster is a shareware (free to try) licensed program that has a very easy to understand interface. You can easily adjust the sounds coming out of your Windows 10 PC to any frequency you desire.
It it not as powerful as FX Sound when it comes to the range of frequencies it can operate changes on but it makes a viable option for users that need a simpler alternative.
It has the ability to loselessly increase the volume of your music, apply different settings to the bass and treble using its custom presets and convert audio files to your desired file type.
Bass Treble Booster key features include:
- You can change low, medium and high frequencies (ranges from 30 to 19Khz)
- Audio conversion with batch processing capabilities (MP3, FLAC, WAV, OGG, WMA, APE, AAC, WV, AIFF, M4A )
- ‘Return to default settings’ option
- 15 frequency settings
- Low size file (1,47 MB)
- Drag and drop support
- You can save all EQ settings created
- You can create playlists
Windows 10 native EQ
So, you don’t want to download any additional software to change the way you listen to music. Well, there’s an alternative to that. You can enhance your audio experience by using Windows 10’s audio settings.
This approach has limited capabilities compared to the other software options we listed in this article. More specifically, it offers an array of equalization on 10 bands (31dB to 16K dB).
It also includes presets including pop, rock, bass, treble and more but it also allows you to customize the equalizer manually.
To use this EQ settings you have to follow these steps:
- Right-click on the speaker icon on the taskbar which you will locate at the right-bottom corner of your screen.
- Select the Playback Device option, and you will see a Sound dialogue box appear.
- In the Playback tab, you have to right-click on the Default Speaker, and then you have to click on Properties.
- Another dialog box called Speaker Properties will show up.
- You have to go to the Enhancement tab and select the equalizer checkbox that is present in the scroll list.
- After choosing the Equalizer option, you will see the Sound Effect Properties appearing below the scroll list.
This open source sound equalizer for Windows 10 is another easy to use option that offers bass boost capabilities. However, it’s installation requires .NET Framework 2.0 in order to work.
Viper4 bolsters a good range of audio effects besides other features. It has an 18 band capability and offers presets including Rock Music, Super Bass, Jazz Music, and more.
Viper4Windows uses enhancements such as XClarity (noise suppresser) 3 bars to customize decibels, XBass support for adding extra bass to the music, and more.
You can also use this to compress the high pitch sounds, and add effects such as damping, decay, density, early mix, pre-delay and others thanks to its reverberation feature.
One of its more interesting features allows you to change the settings in order to suit the environment you are in — small room, smallest room, mid-size room, large room.
Bongiovi DPS (Suggested)
Biongiovi DPS was created in a place called Motown, where Tony Bongiovi began his legendary career working with renown artists. He built his own recording studio and then developed a technology that makes recorded music feel alive, called Acoustic Labs.
Digital Power Station (DPS) is a professional patented algorithm with 120 calibration points that is able to optimize any audio signal in real time, adding depth, clarity, definition and incredible stereo field imaging.
Before this technology was launched, the only way for you to have a professional listening experience without spending a lot of money on buying new audio hardware, was to use headphones and speakers.
Bongiovi DPS with its Digital Power Station technology is one of the best software solutions that scans the audio signal of your device in read time using its custom profiles to optimize as well as possible.
Bongiovi DPS key features:
- Virtual Subwoofer Technology
- Support for internet communications software – Google Voice, Skype, Face-time
- 120 calibration points
- Adjustable spatial enhancements
- Real-time adjustments without loss of quality (loseless)
This information presented in this article allows you to choose the best software options to boost your Windows 10 PC bass sound. We listed a wide array of bass boosting tools both at a professional and beginner level.
If you believe we missed some essential software, let us know in the comment section bellow.
RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT:
Bass boosting software for Windows 10
Windows Media Player allows you to add album art to your favorite tracks with a simple drag and drop function. Sometime, this function may not […]
Microsoft finally released the much-awaited Windows 10 May 2019 Update today. The update stayed in the Release Preview ring for about a month so that […]