- Bass booster software tools create a clean sound to enrich your audio experience, whether you're playing a game, listening to music, watching a movie or making a Skype call.
- Windows 10 has built-in features and special audio drivers to change boost settings. But you can get superior results by using one of the software solutions we mentioned on this list.
- You can also use audio equalizer software to change sound settings.
- Visit our Audio section to check out more awesome guides!
In this article, we will explore the best software options that allow you to tweak the sound features. With a special focus on boost bass sound software solutions. In this way, you’ll have an audio experience specifically tailored to your needs. No matter if you’re listening to music, playing games, or watching movies.
These tools should help you manipulate and tweak the bass to your taste. If you have a genuine interest in making the best of your playback devices and getting the most vibrant bass output, check the solutions we listed below.
What are the top 6 bass boosting tools for Windows 10?
Boom 3D from GlobalDelight Apps (recommended)
Boom 3D is, for all intents and purposes, probably the tool that brings the best bang for the buck, as it costs around $15 to cover two major OS platforms. It’s an amazing, feature-rich software solution for all of you that want an immersive sound experience on Windows 10 with bass-boosting capabilities.
It’s not only a great tool for music playback, but Boom 3D is also great for gaming and home theater setups. With its specific approach to realistic surround sound and 31 equalizers presets, along with the audio fidelity, this tool will make the media intake a completely enhanced experience.
The most distinctive features of Boom 3D are:
- 3D Surround
- Vivid and Vibrant audio reproduction
- 31 Band Equalizer Presets
- Ambient and Spatial sound enhancements
- The feature-rich audio player that’s available on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
This is an amazing package and we suggest giving it a try as there’s the 15-days trial period. After that, you can purchase it for quite a low price.
Equalizer APO is one of the best equalizers for tweaking your audio experience to the smallest details. It is a very reliable tool and you can use it in conjunction with Room EQ Wizard allowing you to easily read its filter text file format. This tool also has a very useful UI add-on called Peace GUI.
Equalizer APO can significantly enhance and improve the quality of your sound. Once it’s installed, it can be configured by accessing its configuration TXT file found in the installation folder on your Windows 10 PC.
Here are the key features of Equalizer APO:
- Virtually unlimited number of filters
- Incredible bass-boost capabilities
- Works on any number of channels
- Very low latency, which makes it suited for interactive applications
- Low CPU usage
- Modular graphical user interface
- VST plugin support
- Integrates into Voicemeeter
Some users have had problems with making Equalizer APO work. The most common mistake people make is that they do not restart their Windows 10 PCs after installation and they forget to activate their playback device in EQ APO. That solves the problem and gets the program running in no time.
Equalizer APO also offers you the possibility to transform its look by installing Peace GUI, that makes it even easier to use and adds audio mixing tools to your PC.
Using Peace GUI with Equalizer APO offers you other very important options:
- Effects panel – balance, cross-feeding, delay
- Graph window
- You can save configurations and activate them by a simple click/hotkey or desktop shortcut
- Up to 31 gain dB Equalizer sliders per channel/speaker
- 9 speakers support (all, stereo, 5.1 and 7.1)
- Filter frequencies, dB gains, filter qualities can all be changed per slider
- Filters: peak, low/high pass and shelf, bend, notch, and all pass
- Pre amplifying dB values for volume control (per channel/speaker)
- Graph of your filters (transfer function) per speaker
- Create, save and activate own equalizer configurations (presets)
- Besides your own presets, there are dance, rock, classic, bass boost, etc.
- Alter audio sound through buttons like expand and compress
- Control by tray, hotkeys and desktop shortcuts
- Automatic activation by program start and device selection
To get everything set up, you want to first install Equalizer APO and then install Peace GUI. Your antivirus may detect a virus in the PeaceSetup file. You don’t have to worry because this is only a false positive.
You can check out the step-by-step guide for install instructions and configuration here.
FX Sound, formerly known as DFX Audio Enhancer, which is one of the world’s most popular PC multimedia software accessory.
This tool enhances the sound of most online music and video content – Youtube, Pandora, Spotify – and also runs real-time audio enhancement on a variety of players including iTunes, Windows Media Player and of course Winamp.
FX Sound has a completely overhauled user interface compared to DFX allowing you to have a highly intuitive and aesthetically pleasing experience while using it.
If you own an average quality set of PC speakers – that has stopped you from experiencing your music fully – and you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a quality audio system, then FX Sound is definitely a cheaper alternative. It transforms the way you listen to songs into a top-of-the-range listening experience.
This software is very simple and easy to use, it runs in the background and it has a huge impact on the way you’re able to listen to music in 2018.
Here are the key features of FX Sound key:
- 7.1 Surround Sound
- High definition music optimization without playback delay
- Optimization for low quality tracks even – YouTube, Spotify, and Pandora
- You can erase audio compression – MP3s are heavily compressed to reduce file size but this also affects sound quality
- Deep Bass and Upper Bass Adjustment
- Lower-midrange adjustments
- Fidelity and ambiance adjustments
- Dynamic Range
- You can easily create and save your own presets.
Even though FX Sound offers all of the features presented above, we will now focus on the Deep Bass and Upper Bass adjustment options.
These two features allow you to easily control/boost or cut bass frequencies: bass guitars, drum sets, electronic drum machines/acoustic drums.
Much of the older audio recordings don’t have much bass energy. FX Sound fixes that with its 110Hz control. In the case that you own a low-cost speaker system, you will probably find that the bass doesn’t sound deep enough, ruining your listening experience. If that is the case then it is advisable that you decrease the 110Hz settings to fix it.
Previous users of DFX can upgrade to Fx Sound Premium with a discount.
You can try FX Sound as a 7 free day trial. You can also buy FX Sound Premium and enjoy extra options and settings.
Bass Treble Booster
Bass Treble Booster is a shareware (free to try) licensed program that has a very easy to understand interface. You can easily adjust the sounds coming out of your Windows 10 PC to any frequency you desire.
It is not as powerful as FX Sound when it comes to the range of frequencies it can operate changes on but it makes a viable option for users that need a simpler alternative.
It has the ability to losslessly increase the volume of your music, apply different settings to the bass and treble using its custom presets and convert audio files to your desired file type.
The Bass Treble Booster key features include:
- You can change low, medium and high frequencies (ranges from 30 to 19Khz)
- Audio conversion with batch processing capabilities (MP3, FLAC, WAV, OGG, WMA, APE, AAC, WV, AIFF, M4A )
- ‘Return to default settings’ option
- 15 frequency settings
- Low size file (1,47 MB)
- Drag and drop support
- You can save all EQ settings created
- You can create playlists
Viper4Windows is an open-source sound equalizer for Windows 10 that offers bass boost capabilities and is easy to use. However, it’s installation requires .NET Framework 2.0 in order to work.
Viper4 bolsters a good range of audio effects besides other features. It has an 18 band capability and offers presets including Rock Music, Super Bass, Jazz Music, and more.
Viper4Windows uses enhancements such as XClarity (noise suppressor) 3 bars to customize decibels, XBass support for adding extra bass to the music, and more.
You can also use this to compress the high pitch sounds and add effects such as damping, decay, density, early mix, pre-delay, and others thanks to its reverberation feature.
One of its more interesting features allows you to change the settings in order to suit the environment you are in — small room, smallest room, mid-size room, large room.
Bongiovi DPS was created in a place called Motown, where Tony Bongiovi began his legendary career working with renown artists. He built his own recording studio and then developed a technology that makes recorded music feel alive, called Acoustic Labs.
Digital Power Station (DPS) is a professional patented algorithm with 120 calibration points that is able to optimize any audio signal in real-time, adding depth, clarity, definition and incredible stereo field imaging.
Before this technology was launched, the only way for you to have a professional listening experience without spending a lot of money on buying new audio hardware, was to use headphones and speakers.
Bongiovi DPS with its Digital Power Station technology is one of the best software solutions that scans the audio signal of your device in reading time using its custom profiles to optimize as well as possible.
Bongiovi DPS key features:
- Virtual Subwoofer Technology
- Support for internet communications software – Google Voice, Skype, Face-time
- 120 calibration points
- Adjustable spatial enhancements
- Real-time adjustments without loss of quality (lossless)
This information presented in this article allows you to choose the best software options to boost your Windows 10 PC bass sound. We listed a wide array of bass boosting tools both at a professional and beginner level.
If you believe we missed some essential software, let us know in the comment section below.
FAQ: Learn more about bass boosting tools
- How can I boost the bass on my computer?
Use one of the tools above to boost your PC bass. If you want to change bass settings in Windows 10, go to the Sound Control Panel, view the Properties of your audio device, switch to Enhancements, and play with the displayed settings, including Bass Boost and Loudness Equalization.
- What equalizer is best for bass?
To balance your audio frequency and get the cleanest sound possible on your Windows PC, use these audio equalizer software tools. Play with the equalizer and surround sound, among other audio settings.
- Is bass boost good for gaming?
Bass boosting doesn’t affect your gaming experience. On the contrary, it can improve it. To make this happen, use the software solutions we described above. Also, check out the best gaming headsets for Windows 10.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.