- If you know about Pinterest, then you know about what amazing pictures get posted there.
- The guide below will teach you how you can batch download photos in Pinterest easily.
- To read more about Pinterest, Instagram, and other similar tools, check out our Web Apps Hub.
- If you want to read about browsers to try Pinterest on, check out our Browsers section.
Pinterest is a great website to share images on, allowing users to set up boards that include an image collection. As such, it’s a visual bookmarking tool for saving pictures directly from the web.
Unfortunately, Pinterest doesn’t include a batch download option to save selected images or albums to a hard drive folder. Something like this would come in handy for users who have lots of photos to save.
Nevertheless, you can still download multiple Pinterest images in batches with a few browser extensions and desktop software.
The following tools and solutions will also prove useful if you are trying to know the following:
- How to download a Pinterest board
How can I batch download Pinterest images?
Try out a different browser
If you love browsing, posting, and sharing on Pinterest, we would like to present Opera, a web browser that can be customized to levels that will make it a Pinterest-dedicated tool.
The base browser is built using the Chromium engine, and it is extremely lightweight.
However, the vast library of extensions allows you to built upon this empty framework with a variety of add-ons, allowing you to do pretty much whatever you want on Pinterest.
It also comes with that added benefit of a VPN and an ad-blocker, so you can even visit Pinterest while in countries where the service is limited.
OperaAn excellent web browser that offers many useful tools, including the ability to save and print your web pages.
Use Image Downloader?
The first extension to note is Image Downloader for Google Chrome. This is an extension that enables you to select multiple images on website pages to download in a single batch.
- Open this web page to add Image Downloader to Chrome. Image Downloader adds the extension shown directly below to Chrome’s toolbar.
- Open one of your boards in Pinterest.
- Click the Image Downloader button on the toolbar to open the extension.
- Doing that displays all the pictures on the page, including those saved to your Pinterest board. To filter out images that aren’t saved to your board, enter ‘media cache’ in the Filter by URL text box.
- Select the Pinterest board thumbnail images displayed there with the cursor.
- Or, you can click the Select all option instead.
- Press the Download button to save the selected photos to your folder.
- You can edit where they download to by entering an alternative subfolder in the extension’s path text box.
- To further configure the extension, you can right-click its toolbar button and select Options.
- That will open the tab below that includes a few configuration settings for the add-on.
How do I batch download Pinterest boards with PinDown?
Open this web page to add the extension to your browser:
- When you first install PinDown, configure Chrome’s settings before using the PinDown tab that opens. (Note that you’ll also need to restart the browser after installing PinDown.)
- Open one of your Pinterest boards in Chrome. Then, the PinDown toolbar icon will include a small number highlighting how many pinned images an album includes as shown directly below.
- Click the PinDown extension button to save the album to your HDD.
- You can enter an alternative title for the Pinterest picture subfolder in the text box shown below.
- Press the Let’s rock! button to save the Pinterest board to the download folder.
PinDown is a Google Chrome extension that enables you to download a full image collection within a Pinterest board. You can download up to 250 pictures per album with PinDown Free, with no restrictions in the full version that retails for $0.99.
How can I batch download Pinterest pictures with Image Picker?
PinDown and Image Downloader are Chrome extensions, but Firefox users can batch download Pinterest pictures with Image Picker.
This extension is pretty similar to Image Downloader as it enables you to select multiple pictures on a page and download them in a batch.
Press + Add to Firefox button on this web page to install the add-on and restart the browser.
- You might need to manually add the Pick Images button to Firefox’s toolbar.
- Click the Open menu button, at the top right of the browser, and select Customize to open the tab below.
- Drag the Image Picker button onto the browser‘s toolbar.
- Press Exit Customize to finish customizing the toolbar.
- Open your Pinterest board in Firefox and click the Pick Images button to open the extension’s window as below.
- Press the Show All button to include all the album’s images. Then, you can select the board pictures to download.
- Press the Browse button to choose a folder directory to save the files to.
- Click Save to download the Pinterest photos.
How can I batch download Pinterest pictures with Pinterest Downloader?
Pinterest Downloader is a desktop software alternative to the browser extensions covered in this article. This program lists all your board pictures with thumbnails for album previews.
You can batch download Pinterest photos with this software by entering your user name in a text box, selecting the images and pressing the Download button.
Clicking the Download button on this website page adds a 7-day trial version of the program to Windows.
Those extensions and programs provide most of the options you’ll need to batch download lots of Pinterest pictures.
Although PinDown and Pinterest Downloader only support Pinterest.com and Instagram.com, you can batch download pictures from any site with Image Picker and Image Downloader.
If you have any other suggestions or questions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in May 2017 and was revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.