Hard drive is one of the most important PC components, and sometimes you need to expand your storage space. If you’re looking for a new hard drive, today we’re going to show you the best hard drives for your Windows 10 PC.
What are the best hard drives for Windows 10 PC?
- Designed for creative professionals, gamers, and system builders
- 2X DRAM cache up to 256 MB for faster read operations
- Comes in sizes between 500 GB and 8 TB
- Designed to intensify your PC experience
- Compatibility: PC and Mac
- Customer service needs improvement
This is another hard drive from Western Digital, and it comes with a dual-core processor so it’s faster than its predecessors. Thanks to the dual-core processor, this drive offers the best performance while loading games or large multimedia files.
We also have to mention that 2TB and larger drives have StableTrac Technology. This technology secures the motor shaft inside the hard drive thus reducing impact due to vibrations.
This is a SATA III drive, so it offers transfer speed up to 6Gbps. We have to mention that 5TB and 6TB models offer 128MB cache thus ensuring the best performance.
Thanks to the WD Dynamic Cache Technology your cache will be optimized between reading and writing sessions.
Additional features include High-Resolution Controller, Improved Data Protection, Vibration Control Technology, and Corruption Protection Technology. There’s also NoTouch Ramp Load Technology available.
WD Black is a great 3.5-inch hard drive, and you can get it on Amazon. If you require more space, there are models up to 6TB available.
- Advanced Write Caching coupled with TurboBoost provides better performance Minimizes the risk of losing data due to unexpected power loss
- Supports between 1 and 16TB of data with an easy-to-integrate SATA HDD
- Tackle heavy applications 24x7 with high performance
- Reduce TCO with customizable power options
- Make sure you buy the model from the right seller
Seagate has always been good at creating quality HDDs, and the Exos series is yet another piece of proof of that.
They are designed to support excessive amounts of wear and tear, and they are a powerhouse engineered for the most demanding storage environments.
Besides, they also have a feature called PowerChoice that lets you regulated the power consumption of the HDD so that you can keep the costs as low as possible.
- Features error recovery controls with NASware 3.0 technology
- Enhanced reliability with 3D Active Balance Plus technology
- Available in versions between 2 TB and 18 TB
- Supports up to 300 TB/yr workload rate
- 7200RPM performance class
- May have a short lifespan
The Western Digital Red Pro NAS HDD is a great piece of work for those that need the extra storage space, especially since their smallest model can still store up to 2 TB.
They are reliable in terms of data safety, and even if something were to happen to it, you can rely on the error recovery controls with NASware 3.0 technology.
Besides, the WD Red Pro is ideal for archiving and sharing, as well as RAID array rebuilding on extended operating systems, making it great for large-scale businesses.
- Built-in RV sensors allow drives to maintain performance in multi-bay systems
- Lower power consumption reduces heat emissions and improves reliability
- Built for surveillance DVR and NVR security camera systems
- Available in storage capacities between 1 and 16 TB
- Support workloads of up to 180TB/year
- Can be a bit noisy
While some HDDs are made to be used by the common user who doesn’t do much on their PC besides gaming, working, and browsing, the Seagate Skyhawk series of HDDs are made for heavy-duty wear and tear.
They are created specifically for storing security footage, and this means being able to record data constantly over a long period of time and be able to resist complete wipes at a given interval.
Well, if that’s what you are looking for as well, the Seagate Skyhawk i the HDD for you, so get it today!
- Build a powerhouse gaming computer or desktop setup with a variety of capacities and form factors
- Allows you to compute faster and do it confidently with proven reliability
- The go-to SATA hard drive solution for nearly every PC application
- Great for editing music, video, or photo editing
- Great for those that use their PC intensively
- Only available in 2TB
When it comes to sheer speed and processing power, then an SSD is by far better than an HDD, but if you really need the HDD’s maximized storage capacity, then meet the Seagate Barracuda.
Although their model is only available in 2TB versions, it is so fast and reliable that it more than compensates.
Made for resource-intensive activities such as multimedia editing and gaming sessions, the Seagate Barracuda is built for speed!
FAQ: Learn more about hard drives / SSDs for Windows 10 PCs
- Which hard drive is best for Windows 10?
In order to get a precise answer, just take a look at this list of best hard drives for Windows 10 PCs.
- Can HDD be repaired?
Yes, it can. Use one of these best HDD bad sector repair tools for Windows 10 in that regard.
- Is SSD good for long term storage?
Yes, it is. Therefore, don’t hesitate to check out these largest SSDs to buy today.