- One of Google Chrome’s highlight is its antivirus extensions, and you can use them to enhance your browser security.
- Stay informed whenever a website is malicious with the solution provided by Avast.
- With Avira anti-tracking feature, add networks can't monitor your online activity.
- You can also use any of the VPN services we've listed below. They encrypt all of your online traffic and help you to access blocked websites.
Analyzing the fast pace that cybercrime is increasing by these days, it’s becoming more and more essential to boost your online security.
You can do this by getting stronger passwords, making transactions only on sites that come with an SSL certificate, browser security, using a reliable antivirus, and more.
But, unfortunately, these measures are not always enough for staying as secure as possible. There are more things that you can do to make your life easier and stress-free.
For instance, you can add a Chrome extension to your Chrome browser to keep you safe. Here are five great security extensions for your Chrome browser.
If you don’t want to download yet another browser extension, you can switch to another browser that is all about security and privacy.
It packs an integrated virus scanner that instantly alerts you about potentially malicious websites. Moreover, it automatically takes you to the secured version of the website you’re trying to visit.
More so, it comes with a pre-packed VPN, an ad-blocker, and a tracker-blocker. As a matter of fact, thanks to all these security features, it doesn’t need any antivirus extension.
An excellent web browser that offers many useful tools, including the ability to save and print web pages.
What are the best Chrome antivirus extensions to use?
This extension comes from Avast, and it will keep you protected during your browsing sessions. Every website that you visit will be scanned, and in case the website is malicious, you’ll be informed.
Avast Online Security can also identify websites that are trying to steal your data, and there’s even a rating system available, so you can see how a specific site was rated by other Avast users.
To check a rating of a specific website, simply move your cursor over its link, and you should see the reviews. If you visit a malicious website unknowingly, you’ll get a warning message when you open it.
This extension also has a rating system, so you can easily rate a website and let other users know if that website is harmful to them.
Avast Online Security also works with online shopping, and it will open automatically when you do online shopping or banking.
It’s also worth mentioning that this extension will block tracking cookies, so it will keep your browsing activity hidden from third-parties.
Overall, it is a solid antivirus extension, and with a built-in rating system, you should be able to easily avoid malicious websites that might steal your personal information or harm your PC.
- Ability to detect and block phishing websites
- Easy to use a rating system
- Works with online banking and shopping
- Ability to block tracking cookies
Avira Browser Safety is a free and discreet add-on that secures your surfing and protects your privacy. You can rest assured that your browsing is safe.
This add-on from Avira will block annoying and infected ads. It blocks over 80 million malicious sites per month and prevents over 1 million potentially unwanted apps from hiding in your downloads.
The anti-tracking feature will stop thousands of ad networks from monitoring you online. Moreover, the infected sites are highlighted directly in your search results.
Some more great features:
- Prevent browser hijackings
- Stop malicious & phishing websites
- Find the best deals on items you’re shopping for
- Optimal experience, access all your favorite web services without interference
Topping off our list is a VPN service that serves as a full-package deal when it comes to maintaining online privacy, and it is called Private Internet Access.
Developed by Kape Technologies, this provider has over 2500 servers all over the globe so that finding the right server for you is easy.
Once you have PIA, you will also benefit from an integrated browser extension, so that you gain complete coverage no matter where you navigate to.
This enhanced privacy makes it so that malware and adware cannot target you, thus rendering the need for additional antivirus tools redundant.
Here are some of the perks of using Private Internet Access:
- Support for up to 10 devices
- Affordable price plans
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Wi-Fi encryption
- P2P support
Private Internet AccessBrowse the Internet in a more secure manner with this amazing VPN so you don’ have to rely on antivirus extensions anymore!
When it comes to maintaining your safety online, PureVPN is ideal for the job. This is one of the leading VPN giants which offers users unmatched online privacy and enhanced security.
Thanks to its fantastic dedication and self-managed global VPN network this browser extension includes more than 750 servers based in over 140 countries.
PureVPN’s chrome VPN extension offers unmatched features such as encryption, WebRTC Leak Protection, IP switching capability, and an unrivaled streaming experience.
You will always be protected against all kinds of hacking attempts, and you will be able to enjoy a smooth browsing experience.
Take a look at the most impressive reasons for which this is one of the best Chrome antivirus extensions:
- It offers fast-speed Internet capabilities
- It doesn’t come with any log-maintaining policy for its users
- You will be able to pass censorship laws in any country while still remaining protected at all times when you are connected to a secure server
- You can browse with complete security guaranteed
- You will also enjoy unlimited streaming
- Using Chrome VPN Browser Extension, you can dodge ISP throttling and buffer, and you can also stream with zero lag
- You can choose from a host of servers that are strategically located around the world
Trustwave SecureBrowsing makes it easier and safer to search, socialize, and surf online. It uses proactive real-time security to alert you before an infected website is accessed
This is a free browser plug-in that displays security icons next to links on search engines such as Bing and Google, on social networking sites, and in web-based email like Yahoo and Gmail.
The installation is speedy and simple, all you have to do is click on the download button from the Trustwave SecureBrowsing official website and follow the steps from the installation wizard.
Check out the best features included in Trustwave SecureBrowsing:
- Trustwave SecureBrowsing is extremely easy to use
- It displays very clear safety ratings next to each link on a webpage and this way you can be confident that you click through to safe content
- It protects you from malware that could otherwise compromise your security
- You can rest assured that Trustwave SecureBrowsing won’t collect any personal data
- The plug-in won’t install any additional programs or change desktop settings
- Even if infected sites are logged, it will not track the user’s URL history
ZenMate VPN is an extension that provides excellent online privacy. It encrypts all of your online traffic, and it also hides your IP address so that you will be able to browse the web anonymously.
This is one of the simplest VPN that’s currently available on the market. ZenMate VPN offers hundreds of servers in over 30 global locations.
Take a look at more interesting features that are included in ZenMate VPN:
- It provides total security and privacy along with complete freedom
- This is a trusted tool that is used by over 42 million users all over the world
- You’ll be able to enjoy the Internet anonymously and without having any restrictions
- ZenMate VPN provides unlimited bandwidth and fast speeds
- You can use it on up to five devices at the same time in order to make sure that you stay safe and secure
- ZenMate VPN doesn’t follow a strict no-logging policy
Ghostery is a Chrome browser extension that will help you manage website trackers for a cleaner, faster and safer experience.
Once you add this to your Chrome browser, it will be able to detect all the trackers that are placed on a website.
Whether they’re targeted at advertising, site analytics, or social media, Ghostery will give you the option to block some or all of them.
Check out more exciting features below:
- You will be able to find out lots of details about a tracker by clicking on its name
- For the websites that you trust, Ghostery allows you to mark them as trusted and the trackers from that particular domain will not get blocked
- For the websites that you do not trust, you will be able to restrict them to block all trackers automatically
- Ghostery helps you browse smarter by providing you control over the ads and tracking technology to speed up the page loads, eliminate clutter, and protect your data
- It automatically optimizes the page performance as you browse
- Its dynamic UI includes multiple displays and a detailed tracker dashboard
- The enhanced Anti-Tracking functionality anonymizes your data to protect your privacy even more
There’s nothing that can secure you more than a VPN for public Wi-Fi. Other extensions for Chrome either log your activity or are not free, but things are different with TunnelBear.
This is a free VPN extension that it secures your browsing on public Wi-Fi with private connections to 20 countries such as the UK, Canada, and the US, and it also doesn’t log your online activity.
TunnelBear is the only VPN in the whole world that has published an independent security audit. You can access blocked websites, and it will reduce the websites’ and ads’ ability to track you
Take a look at more reasons for which you should definitely try TunnelBear:
- With TunnelBear’s free model, you will be able to get up to 500MB of data per month
- You can get 500MB more by confirming your email and 1GB if you tweet on their Twitter handle
- If you want to be able to browse unlimited data, you can go to the official website and check their prices
You can never be too prepared to prevent cyberattacks unless you implement all the necessary tools that are able to combat all malicious entities and keep your online activity secure.
These tools are some of the best and the most efficient antivirus extensions for Chrome that you can currently find on the market. Let us know which one you like!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Chrome extensions are secure to use. To be on the safe side, check out our best Chrome antivirus extensions list to protect your browser.
Open the Extensions tab and toggle the switch next to the extension you want to disable. Also, check out our list including the best Chrome extensions to protect your privacy.
To stay safe while surfing the web, we recommend you use any of these reliable antivirus programs for browsing.