- When it comes to multimedia streaming Amazon Fire TV is the device of choice for many.
- Fire TV supports all sorts of applications, and today we’re going to show you the best browsers for Firestick.
- Don't hesitate to explore our extensive Software section for more easy-to-follow guides on this topic.
- Want to know more about web browsers? Visit our Browsers Hub for more news and guides like this one.
Amazon Fire TV is a great device for video streaming, but did you know that you can also browse the web with it?
You can install different browsers and today we’re going to show you the best browsers for your Fire Stick device.
What is the best browser for Firestick?
The first browser on our list is Opera. The browser is available on multiple platforms, so it’s no wonder to see it available on Amazon Fire TV as well.
The browser has the ability to block ads out of the box so you can enjoy the ad-free browsing experience. Opera can also compress videos and save your bandwidth and even make videos load faster.
Opera also allows you to add pages to the home screen easily, and it even has support for push notifications. Private browsing mode is also available, so your browsing history and cache won’t be stored.
The browser comes with a sleek user interface, and since it’s lightweight it should handle any website without any slowdowns.
The browser also has a smart news feed allowing you to view various channels and stories and save them for later.
Opera for Fire TV offers great features, and if you’re looking for a browser for your Firestick, Opera is the best choice for you.
Notable Opera features:
- Sleek user interface
- Ability to block ads out of the box
- Video compression feature
- Smart news feeds
- Ability to zoom on any page
OperaExperience the full Fire Stick capabilities by taking advantage of the superior speeds and stability of Opera.
Firefox for Fire TV
Firefox has been available on the browser market for years, and now there’s a version for Fire TV as well. This version will bring you the best videos from the web neatly categorized on your home screen.
The browser fully works with YouTube, Pocket, Rotten Tomatoes, and Flickr and it allows you to save your favorite websites for quick access.
Notable Firefox for Fire TV features:
- Ability to search the web from your Fire TV
- Neatly organized videos on your home screen
- Works with services such as YouTube, Pocket, Flickr, and Rotten Tomatoes
- Ability to save favorite websites to the home screen for quick access
This browser is developed by Amazon and it allows you to watch videos and browse the web from your Amazon Fire TV device. Silk works with Fire TV remote, but it also fully supports Alexa.
The browser is simple for navigation, and it has the ability to add bookmarks and memorize your passwords. In can also render both desktop and mobile sites.
If needed, you can block websites thanks to the parental control feature.
Notable Amazon Silk features:
- Works with Alexa
- Ability to play video from any website
- Can save your passwords for quick login
- Bookmark feature
- Parental control
Glance Browser is built on WebView engine, the same web engine that is behind Google Chrome. Regarding the speed, the browser offers great performance and simple to use interface.
It’s worth mentioning that the browser is ad-free, and it has a search widget available in the notification drawer thus allowing you to make searches quickly.
Glance Browser is a solid alternative to Amazon Silk, and if you haven’t tried it, this might be the perfect moment for it.
Notable Glance Browser features:
- Built on WebView engine, just like Chrome
- Simple user interface
- Search widget in the notification drawer
RM Web Browser
This browser is built for Kindle Fire and Android devices, and according to the developer, it offers certain features that other browsers don’t.
Using this browser, you can get local news, weather, and other information right from the start screen. The bookmark feature is available and it allows you to easily add or remove favorites from the start screen.
Notable RM Web Browser features:
- Allows you to see useful information on the start screen
- Bookmark manager
Having a good web browser on your Firestick is important, and we hope this article helped you find the proper web browser for your needs.
FAQ: Learn more about Firestick
- What is the best browser for Firestick?
There are several browsers available for Firestick, but one of the best ones is definitely Opera.
- Can I get Google Chrome on Firestick?
Google Chrome isn’t officially available for Firestick, but you might be able to install it if you sideload it.
- Do you have to have Internet for Firestick?
No, you don’t have to have Internet access to use Firestick, but without the Internet you’ll be limited only to local content.
- How do I install browser on FireStick?
From the main menu scroll to the left and hover over the search icon. Now enter the name of the browser to search for it. Once you find it, select the Download option and that’s it.