You already know the advantages of using an adapter to convert DisplayPort to HDMI in conferences or in the comfort of your own home. If you’re fine using 1080p content, then there are plenty of DisplayPort to HDMI adapters to choose from.
Things get a tad more complicated if you’re shooting for 4K content instead. Only certain cables will allow you to carry 4K content, and you will normally need to dive a whole lot deeper into your pockets for buying one that does.
It comes a time when you should better forget about budget restrictions. Here we’ve gathered together the best DisplayPort to HDMI adapters on the market for you to choose from. Keep on reading and see which one works for your specific needs.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
Don’t fear of trying out one of AmazonBasics products. This Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable easily transmits audio and video from computer or tablet to HD display and gives you a few other advantages over similar adapters:
- Measures only 6 feet
- Both lightweight and portable
- Decent build quality, with gold-plated connectors and foil-and-braid shielding
- Video resolutions of up to 1920×1200 and 1080p only
- Boot around the mini display port is way too thick
Even more, its gold-plated connectors, non-slip surface and molded strain relief make it both robust and ergonomic.
- Supports video resolutions up to 1080P (Full HD)
- Audio support for 2, 5.1, and 7.1 channels
- Great for digital projectors or simply extending your workspace to LED monitors
- Easily fits in a laptop sleeve
- Is not bi-directional; it only connects to a display with HDMI
AmazonBasics Adapter Cable
Choose this AmazonBasics Adapter Cable and you’ll connect any laptop equipped with a DisplayPort port to an HDTV, monitor, or projector with HDMI input. Well, it is all about what you’d expect from an inexpensive AmazonBasics product:
- Supports 1080p content, as well as audio content including 7.1, 5, or 2 channels
- Ideal for using a mirrored display, or configuring a second monitor
- Perfectly well-built
- Can only convert signal from DisplayPort to HDMI
StarTech DisplayPort to HDMI
Once you’ve got the cord in your hand, it seems quite sturdy inside and out. It has support for resolutions up to 1920×1200 and assures crisp, crystal-clear picture quality.
- No installation software or drivers required
- Unbeatable price point
- Backed by a 3-year warranty
- Free lifetime technical support included too
- Cannot transmit 4K
- Some buyers complain about the poor quality connection
Cable Matters 4K
The Cable Matters HDMI to DisplayPort Adapter is your best bet for 4K Video Resolution Support. In fact, it’s one of the very few adapters that can reliably transmit 4K video at a smooth 30- or 60-hertz refresh rate.
Even in such circumstances, it still won’t set you back a whole lot of cash. It’s got stellar customer reviews, with no big complaints. A limited amount of users report problems when it comes to choosing a resolution higher than 1080 in the display settings, yet they can be solved.
- Active HDMI to Display port converter
- Each end terminates in gold-plated connection heads, ideal against corrosion
- Certain 4K monitors only support 1440p@60Hz instead of 4K@30Hz with this adapter
Conclusion on DisplayPort to HDMI adapters
Everything considered, a feature such as vibrant 4K Definition Video is assured by an adapter such as Cable Matters 4K HDMI to DP, yet AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort to HDMI or Cable Matters DisplayPort to HDMI adapters are great choices too.
For their price, you can’t really complain.