The reason smart TVs are called that way is because they are basically mini-computers that can download apps and run them, and this includes games.
For those of you that love playing these smart TV games, controlling them can be a bit difficult if you lack the proper tools.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best gamepads you could buy if you love gaming on a smart TV.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best gamepads for smart TVs that I can buy?
SteelSeries Stratus Duo
The Stratus Duo can be connected using both Bluetooth and 2.4ghz wireless functionality, making it ideal for people who want to have just one gamepad for use on multiple devices.
- Compatible with Android and PC
- Fortnite-Ready on Android
- Lag-free gaming on Windows and over 5,000 controller-enabled titles on Steam.
- Bluetooth Wireless
- 20+ hours of nonstop use, as well as the ability to play while charging.
- Comfortable full-size ergonomic controller built to last a lifetime.
- Buttons will rarely drop inputs
Matricom G-Pad BX
It features the same ergonomic design, as well as the same button and joystick layout, so holding this gamepad will feel familiar even if it is your first time.
- High-precision variable resistant joysticks
- Compatible with Samsung Gear VR, G-Box and most other Android Bluetooth compatible input devices
- Comfortable design
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides hours of continuous gameplay
- 16 button design with two high precision variable joysticks
- Can be difficult to pair or connect to some devices
This handy little controller is compatible with TV Box, Android phone, Tablets, Windows 7/8/8.1/10, PS3, and more, and the battery will allow you to play all day long.
- Multi-platform support
- Built-in 32-bit MCU Chip and computation capability of up to 48 million times per second
- Build-in 600mAh rechargeable batter, which can last for 18 hours
- Auto-fire function
- Vibration functions
- Shoulder buttons are a bit flimsy
Mad Catz C.T.R.L.R
Not only is it compatible with pretty much any laptops, plus tablets and smartphones, but you can also use them for online multiplayer games as well if you pair them right.
- Integrated Media Buttons
- Multiplatform Game Smart Technology
- Three Gaming Modes
- Clicky buttons
It can be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth to pretty much any device, including Nintendo Switch, PC, macOS, and Android, and the battery will make sure you can continue gaming for hours on end.
- A Sega Genesis & Mega Drive inspired Bluetooth controller
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch, PC, macOS, and Android
- Bluetooth and rechargeable battery
- Turbo Function
- Upgradeable firmware
- No joysticks
Closing thoughts on gamepads for Smart TVs
Smart TVs are an excellent alternative is you lack the money to buy an actual console such as the Xbox One or the PS4, since they can take care of your gaming needs to some extent.
However, if you truly want to emulate the feeling of playing on a console, then getting a good Smart TV-compatible console may be the right solution for you.