Bluestacks is one of the most popular applications for Android emulation, but many users reported An error has occurred message in Bluestacks. This error message can prevent you from running Bluestacks, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix this issue.
Bluestacks issues can sometimes appear, and speaking of issues with Bluestacks, here are some common problems that users reported:
- Error logging in please try again Bluestacks – Sometimes this issue can occur due to your antivirus. To prevent this issue from appearing, try disabling your antivirus.
- Bluestacks 4 error – In order to run Bluestacks, certain services need to be running. If one of the Bluestacks services isn’t running properly, you might encounter this and similar errors.
- Bluestacks couldn’t sign in – This is another common problem that you may encounter. If this issue appears, try restarting Bluestacks and check if that helps.
- Bluestacks an unknown network error has occurred – Various errors can appear in Bluestacks, and if you’re having this issue, try reinstalling Bluestacks and check if that solves your problem.
- Bluestacks stuck on one time setup, welcome screen, checking info – These are some of the common problems that you might encounter in Bluestacks, but you should be able to fix some of them using one of our solutions.
An error has occurred message in Bluestacks, how to fix it?
- Check your antivirus
- Restart Bluestacks
- Make sure that the necessary services are running
- Install the latest version .NET Framework
- Perform a Clean boot
- Update your graphics card drivers
- Completely uninstall Bluestacks and install the latest version
- Perform a System Restore
- Switch to a different emulator
Solution 1 – Check your antivirus
If you’re getting An error has occurred message while trying to run Bluestacks, one possible cause might be your antivirus. Sometimes antivirus can interfere with certain applications, and that can lead to various issues. To fix this issue, it’s advised to check your antivirus settings and add Bluestacks installation directory to the exclusions list.
If that doesn’t help, you might have to disable certain antivirus features or your entire antivirus. Sometimes this won’t be enough, and if the problem is still there, you might want to temporarily uninstall your antivirus. Don’t worry about removing your antivirus, if you’re on Windows 10, you’ll still be protected by Windows Defender, so there’s no need to worry too much about your safety.
If removing the antivirus solves the problem, this might be a perfect moment to consider switching to a different antivirus solution. There are many great antivirus tools on the market, but if you’re looking for a reliable antivirus that won’t interfere with your applications, you should definitely consider Bitdefender.
Solution 2 – Restart Bluestacks
Sometimes certain glitches with Bluestacks can appear, and these glitches can lead to An error has occurred message in Bluestacks. To fix this problem, users are suggesting to simply restart Bluestacks. There are several ways to do that, but the fastest way is by following these steps:
- Look for Bluestacks icon in the bottom right corner. If it’s not there, click the arrow icon to show more applications.
- Right-click the Bluestacks icon and choose Quit from the menu.
- After doing that, start Bluestacks again and check if the problem is still there.
This is a pretty basic solution, but few users reported that it worked for them, so you might want to try it out.
Solution 3 – Make sure that the necessary services are running
Bluestacks relies on certain services in order to run properly, and if those services aren’t running, you might encounter An error has occurred error. To fix this problem, you just need to ensure that two services are running properly. You can start these services by doing the following:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
- When Services window opens, locate BstHdAndroidSvc, BstHdLogRotatorSvc, and BstHdPlusAndroidSvc Right-click each service and choose Start from the menu.
After making these changes, check if the problem is still there. If starting these services fixes the problem, we advise you to change their startup type to automatic. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Services window and double-click on BstHdAndroidSvc, BstHdLogRotatorSvc, or BstHdPlusAndroidSvc service to open its properties.
- When the Properties window opens, set the Startup type to Automatic and click the Start button to start the service. Now click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Do the same for the other services.
After changing the startup type for BstHdAndroidSvc, BstHdLogRotatorSvc, and BstHdPlusAndroidSvc service, they should always be running and the problem with Bluestacks will be permanently resolved.
Solution 4 – Install the latest version .NET Framework
If Bluestacks isn’t running properly, the issue might be the lack of .NET Framework. Certain applications require this framework in order to work properly, and if you don’t have it installed, you might encounter An error has occurred message in Bluestacks.
To fix this issue, it’s advised to download .NET Framework and install it. Once the .NET Framework is installed, try running Bluestacks again and check if the problem is still there.
Solution 5 – Perform a Clean boot
As previously mentioned, sometimes third-party applications can interfere with Bluestacks and cause this problem to occur. To fix the issue, users are suggesting to perform a Clean boot and disable all third-party applications and services. This is fairly simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R to start the Run dialog. Now type msconfig, and click OK or press Enter.
- The System Configuration window will appear. Navigate to the Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services check box. Disable all services except several Bluestacks services on the list.
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Task Manager should now start, and you’ll see a list of all startup applications. Right-click the first entry on the list and choose Disable. Repeat this for all startup applications.
- Once you disable all applications in Task Manager, go back to System Configuration window and click Apply and OK to save changes. Restart your PC.
Once your PC restarts, only Bluestacks services should be running. Now try to run Bluestacks and check if the problem appears again. If not, you need to enable applications and services one by one or in groups. Bear in mind that you’ll need to restart your PC after enabling a group of applications or services in order to save changes.
Once you find the problematic services or applications, remove them or keep them disabled and you won’t encounter this issue anymore.
Solution 6 – Update your graphics card drivers
If you’re having problems with Bluestacks and you’re getting An error has occurred message, perhaps you can fix the problem simply by updating your drivers. Usually the issue is caused by outdated graphics card drivers, and in order to fix the problem, you just need to update them.
To do that, you need to visit your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model. Once you download the latest drivers, install them and the issue should be resolved.
If you find this method a bit complicated, you can always use third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater to automatically update all your drivers. Once your drivers are up to date, check if the problem is still there.
Disclaimer: some functions of this tool might not be free
Solution 7 – Completely uninstall Bluestacks and install the latest version
If you’re getting An error has occurred message in Bluestacks, it’s possible that your installation is corrupted, and that’s what’s causing the problem. To fix the issue, users are suggesting to remove Bluestacks completely from your PC.
There are several ways to do that, but the best one is to use uninstaller software such as IOBit Uninstaller. If you’re not familiar, uninstaller software is a special application that will completely remove the desired application along with all of its files and registry entries.
By doing so, you’ll ensure that there aren’t any leftover files available that can interfere with future installations. Once you remove Bluestacks from your PC, download the latest version from the developer’s website, install it and check if that solves the problem.
Solution 8 – Perform a System Restore
If this problem started occurring recently, it’s possible to fix it using System Restore. In case you don’t know, System Restore is a built-in feature of Windows that allows you to restore your system to a previous state and fix many issues along the way. To perform a System Restore, you need to do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and type system restore. Now choose Create a restore point from the list of results.
- You should now see System Properties window on your screen. Click the System Restore button.
- System Restore window will now start. Click the Next button.
- Now you need to check the Show more restore points option if it’s available. Now you just need to pick the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
After your system restores, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 9 – Switch to a different emulator
If the previous solutions didn’t fix the problem with An error occurred message in Bluestacks, maybe you should consider switching to a different emulator. Bluestacks isn’t the only Android emulator on the market, and we already covered the best Android emulators for Windows 10, but if you’re looking for a reliable Bluestacks alternative, we suggest that you try out Nox Player.
Bluestacks is a great application, but sometimes you might encounter An error has occurred message. This issue can prevent you from using Bluestacks, but we hope that you managed to solve it using one of our solutions.
- Here’s how to fix Bluestacks Blue Screen of Death errors
- How to speed up BlueStacks for faster Android gaming on PC
- Fix: Bluestacks failed to connect to server on Windows 10