- Bluestacks is a world-leader when it comes to Android emulators for PC.
- The article below will cover the solutions that will help solve the error has occurred issues in Bluestacks.
- To find out more about this amazing emulator, go to our dedicated Bluestacks Hub.
- Are you looking for Blustacks alternatives instead? Go to our Emulators section instead.
Bluestacks is one of the most popular applications for Android emulation, but many users reported An error has occurred message in Bluestacks. This error message can prevent you from running Bluestacks, and in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix this issue.
Bluestacks issues can sometimes appear, and speaking of issues with Bluestacks, here are some common problems that users reported:
- Error logging in please try again Bluestacks – Sometimes this issue can occur due to your antivirus. To prevent this issue from appearing, try disabling your antivirus.
- Bluestacks 4 error – In order to run Bluestacks, certain services need to be running. If one of the Bluestacks services isn’t running properly, you might encounter this and similar errors.
- Bluestacks couldn’t sign in – This is another common problem that you may encounter. If this issue appears, try restarting Bluestacks and check if that helps.
- Bluestacks an unknown network error has occurred – Various errors can appear in Bluestacks, and if you’re having this issue, try reinstalling Bluestacks and check if that solves your problem.
- Bluestacks stuck on one time setup, welcome screen, checking info – These are some of the common problems that you might encounter in Bluestacks, but you should be able to fix some of them using one of our solutions.
- Bluestacks app player error system.nullreferenceexception – This is usually cause by interferences from other third-party solution.
How do I fix the error has occurred message in Bluestacks?
- Update your graphics card drivers
- Restart Bluestacks
- Check your antivirus
- Completely uninstall Bluestacks and install the latest version
- Make sure that the necessary services are running
- Install the latest version .NET Framework
- Perform a Clean boot
- Perform a System Restore
- Switch to a different emulator
1. Update your graphics card drivers
If you’re having problems with Bluestacks and you’re getting An error has occurred message, perhaps you can fix the problem simply by updating your drivers.
Usually, the issue is caused by outdated graphics card drivers, and in order to fix the problem, you just need to update them.
To do that, you need to visit your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model. Once you download the latest drivers, install them and the issue should be resolved.
Even though you might be using Bluestacks for playing mobile games, some still require that you have the latest GPU drivers installed.
When that happens, you should use a dedicated driver updater to handle the job, one like DriverFix.
With DriverFix, not only do you know you’ll always have the latest available drivers, but you will also fix the ones you already had or the ones that were missing.
This is thanks to the libraries that DriverFix has at its disposal that are updated themselves every time a driver manufacturer has a new release.
DriverFixWith updated GPU drivers even the best emulated Bluestacks games will run without issues, so get DriverFix today!
2. Restart Bluestacks
- Look for the Bluestacks icon in the bottom right corner.
- If it’s not there, click the arrow icon to show more applications.
- Right-click the Bluestacks icon and choose Quit from the menu.
- After doing that, start Bluestacks again and check if the problem is still there.
Sometimes certain glitches with Bluestacks can appear, and these glitches can lead to An error has occurred message in Bluestacks. To fix this problem, users are suggesting to simply restart Bluestacks.
This is a pretty basic solution, but few users reported that it worked for them, so you might want to try it out.
3. Check your antivirus
If you’re getting An error has occurred message while trying to run Bluestacks, one possible cause might be your antivirus. Sometimes antivirus can interfere with certain applications, and that can lead to various issues.
There are many great antivirus tools on the market, but if you’re looking for a reliable antivirus that won’t interfere with your applications, you should definitely consider Bitdefender.
To fix this issue, it’s advised to check your antivirus settings and add the Bluestacks installation directory to the exclusions list.
If that doesn’t help, you might have to disable certain antivirus features or your entire antivirus. Sometimes this won’t be enough, and if the problem is still there, you might want to temporarily uninstall your antivirus.
Don’t worry about removing your antivirus, if you’re on Windows 10, you’ll still be protected by Windows Defender, so there’s no need to worry too much about your safety.
If removing the antivirus solves the problem, this might be a perfect moment to consider switching to a different antivirus solution.
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Play your favorite emulated games on Bluestacks and stay safe and secure at the same time with Bitdefender!
4. Completely uninstall Bluestacks and install the latest version
If you’re getting An error has occurred message in Bluestacks, it’s possible that your installation is corrupted, and that’s what’s causing the problem.
To fix the issue, users are suggesting to remove Bluestacks completely from your PC.
There are several ways to do that, but the best one is to use uninstaller software such as IOBit Uninstaller 10 PRO.
If you’re not familiar, uninstaller software is a special application that will completely remove the desired application along with all of its files and registry entries.
By doing so, you’ll ensure that there aren’t any leftover files available that can interfere with future installations.
Once you remove Bluestacks from your PC, download the latest version from the developer’s website, install it, and check if that solves the problem.
IObit Uninstaller 10 ProUse IObit Uninstaller 10 Pro to remove Bluestacks and all associated files so you can finally reinstall the latest version securely.<br />
5. Make sure that the necessary services are running
- Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc.
- Press Enter or click OK.
- When Services window opens, locate BstHdAndroidSvc, BstHdLogRotatorSvc, and BstHdPlusAndroidSvc
- Right-click each service and choose Start from the menu.
After making these changes, check if the problem is still there. If starting these services fixes the problem, we advise you to change their startup type to automatic. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Services window and double-click on BstHdAndroidSvc, BstHdLogRotatorSvc, or BstHdPlusAndroidSvc service to open its properties.
- When the Properties window opens, set the Startup type to Automatic and click the Start button to start the service.
- Now click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Do the same for the other services.
Bluestacks relies on certain services in order to run properly, and if those services aren’t running, you might encounter An error has occurred error.
To fix this problem, you just need to ensure that the two services are running properly.
After changing the startup type for BstHdAndroidSvc, BstHdLogRotatorSvc, and BstHdPlusAndroidSvc service, they should always be running and the problem with Bluestacks will be permanently resolved.
6. Install the latest version .NET Framework
If Bluestacks isn’t running properly, the issue might be the lack of .NET Framework. Certain applications require this framework in order to work properly, and if you don’t have it installed, you might encounter An error has occurred message in Bluestacks.
To fix this issue, it’s advised to download .NET Framework and install it. Once the .NET Framework is installed, try running Bluestacks again and check if the problem is still there.
7. Perform a Clean boot
- Press Windows Key + R to start the Run dialog.
- Now type msconfig, and click OK or press Enter.
- The System Configuration window will appear. Navigate to the Services tab and check to Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Disable all services except several Bluestacks services on the list.
- Go to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager.
- Task Manager should now start, and you’ll see a list of all startup applications.
- Right-click the first entry on the list and choose Disable.
- Repeat this for all startup applications.
- Once you disable all applications in Task Manager, go back to System Configuration window and click Apply and OK to save changes. Restart your PC.
As previously mentioned, sometimes third-party applications can interfere with Bluestacks and cause this problem to occur.
To fix the issue, users are suggesting to perform a Clean boot and disable all third-party applications and services.
Once your PC restarts, only Bluestacks services should be running. Now try to run Bluestacks and check if the problem appears again. If not, you need to enable applications and services one by one or in groups.
Bear in mind that you’ll need to restart your PC after enabling a group of applications or services in order to save changes.
Once you find the problematic services or applications, remove them or keep them disabled and you won’t encounter this issue anymore.
8. Perform a System Restore
- Press Windows Key + S and type system restore.
- Now choose Create a restore point from the list of results.
- You should now see System Properties window on your screen.
- Click the System Restore button.
- System Restore window will now start.
- Click the Next button.
- Now you need to check the Show more restore points option if it’s available.
- Now you just need to pick the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
If this problem started occurring recently, it’s possible to fix it using System Restore. In case you don’t know, System Restore is a built-in feature of Windows that allows you to restore your system to a previous state and fix many issues along the way.
After your system restores, check if the problem is still there.
9. Switch to a different emulator
If the previous solutions didn’t fix the problem with An error occurred message in Bluestacks, maybe you should consider switching to a different emulator.
Bluestacks isn’t the only Android emulator on the market, and we already covered the best Android emulators for Windows 10, but if you’re looking for a reliable Bluestacks alternative, we suggest that you try out Nox Player.
Bluestacks is a great application, but sometimes you might encounter An error has occurred message. This issue can prevent you from using Bluestacks, but we hope that you managed to solve it using one of our solutions.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in February 2019 and was revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.