Here’s how to fix Bluestacks Blue Screen of Death errors
Android emulation is possible on Windows, but many users reported Blue Screen of Death while using BlueStacks software. This can be a big problem and cause stability issues with your PC, but in today’s article we’ll show you how to fix this problem.
Blue Screen of Death errors can be quite problematic, and sometimes these errors can appear while using BlueStacks. Speaking of BlueStacks issues, here are some problems that users reported:
- BlueStacks keeps crashing Windows 10 – Sometimes BlueStacks can keep crashing on your PC. This can occur due to Hyper-V feature, so be sure to disable it.
- BlueStacks BSOD memory_management – Third-party applications can cause this error to appear. To fix the issue, perform a Clean boot and disable all startup applications and services.
- Blue screen after installing BlueStacks – Your antivirus can also cause problems with BlueStacks to appear. To fix the issue, temporarily disable or remove your antivirus and check if that helps.
- BlueStacks quit unexpectedly – Sometimes unexpected crashes can occur with BlueStacks, and if you encounter this problem, be sure to try some of our solutions.
BlueStacks Blue Screen of Death, how to fix it?
- Check your antivirus
- Disable Hyper-V feature
- Install the latest version of BlueStacks software
- Reinstall your graphics card drivers
- Try running BlueStacks in Safe Mode
- Reinstall BlueStacks software
- Perform a Clean boot
Solution 1 – Check your antivirus
If you’re getting Blue Screen of Death on your PC while using BlueStacks, the problem might be related to your antivirus software. Some antivirus tools such as AVG, can interfere with BlueStacks and cause this and many other problems to occur.
To fix the problem, it’s advised that you disable certain antivirus features, or even your entire antivirus and check if that helps. In case the problem is still there, you need to remove your antivirus and try running BlueStacks again.
If removing the antivirus solves the problem, we advise that you consider switching to a different antivirus. Bitdefender offers great protection, and it won’t interfere with your applications, so you might want to consider it as your antivirus replacement.
Solution 2 – Disable Hyper-V feature
According to users, Blue Screen of Death can appear with BlueStacks if you have Hyper-V feature enable. This is a virtualization feature, and unless you’re running a virtual machine on your PC, you won’t need it.
To disable this feature, do the following:
- In the Search field enter windows features. Select Turn Windows features on or off.
- When Windows Features window appears, locate Hyper-V and disable it. After doing that, click OK to save changes.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Once your PC restarts, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 3 – Install the latest version of BlueStacks software
If you’re getting Blue Screen of Death while trying to use BlueStacks, perhaps the problem is related to the BlueStacks software. Sometimes there might be certain glitches with the software, and in order to fix them, it’s best that you keep BlueStacks up to date.
If you’re having any problems, download and install the latest version of BlueStacks and check if that solves the problem. By doing so you’ll update the application to the latest version and that should hopefully fix all the problems with BlueStacks.
Solution 4 – Reinstall your graphics card drivers
Sometimes Blue Screen of Death errors can appear due to your graphics card drivers. If your drivers are corrupted, you might experience issues with BlueStacks, and sometimes these issues can cause your PC to crash.
To fix this problem, users are suggesting to reinstall your graphics card drivers and check if that solves the problem. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Now choose Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager opens, right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
- Confirmation menu will now appear. If available, check Remove driver software for this device option and click Uninstall.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
Another way to remove your graphics card driver is to use Display Driver Uninstaller software. This is a freeware third-party tool, but it will remove your graphics card driver, along with its software and all of its files and registry entries. If you want to be sure that your display driver is removed from your PC, Display Driver Uninstaller is the way to go.
Once your PC restarts, the default driver will be installed. Now try BlueStacks again and check if the issue is still there. If the problem works with the default driver, you should consider updating it.
This is fairly simple, and you can download the necessary drivers right from the manufacturer’s website. Just go to the Drivers section, find the model of your graphics card and download the latest driver for it. Once you install the driver, check if the problem is still there.
If you find this process a bit tedious, you can always use third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater to automatically update all your drivers. This tool will update your graphics card drivers, but it will also update all other drivers on your PC, so you might want to try it out.
Solution 5 – Try running BlueStacks in Safe Mode
If you’re having problems with BlueStacks and Blue Screen of Death errors, perhaps the issue is related to your drivers or third-party software. In order to troubleshoot this issue users are suggesting to start Windows in Safe Mode.
If you don’t know, Safe Mode is a special segment of Windows that runs with default drivers and settings, so it’s perfect for troubleshooting. To start Windows 10 in Safe Mode, just do the following:
- Open the Settings app. The fastest way to do that is to use Windows Key + I shortcut.
- After the Settings app opens, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Select Recovery from the left pane. Click the Restart now button in the right pane.
- Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Click the Restart button.
- You should now see a list of options. Select the Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding keyboard key.
Once you start Windows in Safe Mode, check if the problem is still there. If the issue doesn’t appear, the problem is most likely related to third-party applications or your drivers.
Solution 6 – Reinstall BlueStacks software
In some cases, Blue Screen of Death can appear while using BlueStacks if your BlueStacks installation is damaged. To fix this problem, users are suggesting to reinstall BlueStacks completely. There are several ways to do that, but if you want to completely remove BlueStacks, you need to use third-party software such as IOBit Uninstaller.
This is an uninstaller software, and it can remove any application from your PC along with all of its files and registry entries. By using the uninstaller software, you’ll ensure that the application is completely removed and prevent any future problems.
Once you remove BlueStacks from your PC, install it again and check if the problem is still there.
Solution 7 – Perform a Clean boot
If the problem with BlueStacks is still there, perhaps the issue is caused by third-party software. Your PC starts with various applications and services, and sometimes those applications can cause problems with BlueStacks. However, you can fix the issue simply by performing a Clean boot. This is pretty simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog. Type msconfig, and click OK or press Enter.
- The System Configuration window will appear. Navigate to the Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services check box. Now click the Disable all button to disable the services.
- Head over to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Once the Task Manager opens, you should see a list of startup applications. Right-click the first entry on the list and select Disable from the menu. Do this for all entries on the list.
- After you disable all startup applications, go back to the System Configuration window. Click Apply and OK to save changes and restart your PC.
Once your PC restarts, check if the problem is still there. If the Blue Screen of Death doesn’t appear anymore, it’s certain that one of your startup applications or services was causing the issue. To pinpoint the cause, it’s necessary that you enable the disabled applications and services one by one.
Bear in mind that you’ll have to restart your PC after enabling a group of services or applications in order to apply the changes. Once you find the problematic application, remove it or keep it disabled in order to prevent this issue from reappearing.
Blue Screen of Death errors can be quite problematic, and if you’re getting these errors while using BlueStacks, be sure to try some of our solutions.
- Fix: Bluestacks failed to install on Windows 10
- 3 best VPNs for Bluestacks to run Android apps & games on PC
- Fix Blue Screen of Death errors with these 4 software solutions
Microsoft has just showed users a little more of what the 19H1 update has in store for Windows 10. Revamped storage is one of the […]
Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the best video editing tools on the market, but some users reported Adobe Premiere Pro couldn’t find any valid […]