- Many users playing Android games on PC have encountered the BlueStacks Blue Screen of Death error.
- Because the emulator BlueStacks is causing the Blue Screen of Death error, check the Hyper-V feature .
- After your emulator BlueStacks installs and Blue Screen error appears, fix it with professional software.
- Prevent BlueStacks from crashing by following our recommended solutions from this article.
Android emulation is possible on Windows, but many users reported Blue Screen of Death errors while using the BlueStacks software.
This can be a big problem and cause stability issues with your PC, but in this article, we’ll show you how to fix this problem.
Blue Screen of Death errors can be quite problematic, and sometimes these errors can appear while using BlueStacks. Here are some problems that users reported:
- BlueStacks keeps crashing Windows 10 – Sometimes BlueStacks can keep crashing on your PC. This can occur due to the Hyper-V feature, so be sure to disable it.
- BlueStacks BSOD memory_management – Third-party applications can cause this error to appear. To fix the issue, perform a Clean boot and disable all startup applications and services.
- Blue screen after installing BlueStacks – Your antivirus can also cause problems with BlueStacks to appear. To fix the issue, temporarily disable or remove your antivirus and check if that helps.
- BlueStacks quit unexpectedly – Sometimes unexpected crashes can occur, and if you encounter this problem, be sure to try some of our solutions.
How can I fix BlueStacks Blue Screen of Death?
- Use a professional solution
- Disable the Hyper-V feature
- Reinstall the BlueStacks software
- Reinstall your graphics card drivers
- Install the latest version of BlueStacks software
- Check your antivirus
- Try running BlueStacks in Safe Mode
- Perform a Clean boot
1. Use a professional solution
The BlueStacks Blue Screen of Death error will prevent you from having an awesome gaming experience. After fixing this problem, you will be able to enjoy playing the best Android games on your computer.
We recommend you use a professional solution that will offer you lots of benefits. It safely repairs and secures your computer, bringing it into an optimized state.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Disable the Hyper-V feature
- In the Search field enter windows features. Select Turn Windows features on or off.
- When Windows Features window appears, locate Hyper-V and disable it. After doing that, click OK to save changes.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
3. Reinstall the BlueStacks software
In some cases, Blue Screen of Death can appear while using BlueStacks if the installation is damaged. To fix this problem, users are suggesting to reinstall the software completely.
There are several ways to do that, but if you want to completely remove BlueStacks, you need to use third-party software.
This is an awesome uninstaller software, and it can remove any application from your PC along with all of its files and registry entries.
By using the uninstaller software, you’ll ensure that there will be no traces of Bluestacks on your computer and you will be ready for a fresh install.
4. Reinstall your graphics card drivers
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager opens, right-click it and choose Uninstall device.
- If available, check to Remove driver software for this device option and click on Uninstall.
- Restart your PC to apply the changes.
If you find this process a bit tedious, you can always use third-party tools to automatically update all your drivers.
Try out a highly-efficient software that updates all your drivers including the ones for your graphics card. Its simple, fast and secure technology allows it to improve the performance for your graphic card.
This solution scans your computer, finds any missing, damaged and outdated drivers, and shows you a detailed report. Choose one or all outdated drivers for the update.
5. Check your antivirus
If you’re getting Blue Screen of Death on your PC while using BlueStacks, the problem might be related to your antivirus software.
Some antivirus tools such as AVG, can interfere with BlueStacks and cause this and many other problems to occur.
To fix the problem, it’s advised that you disable certain antivirus features, or even your entire antivirus and check if that helps.
In case the problem is still there, you need to remove your antivirus and try running BlueStacks again.
If removing the antivirus solves the problem, we advise that you consider switching to a different antivirus.
6. Install the latest version of BlueStacks software
If you’re getting Blue Screen of Death while trying to use BlueStacks, perhaps the problem is related to the BlueStacks software.
Sometimes there might be certain glitches with the software, and in order to fix them, it’s best that you keep BlueStacks up to date.
If you’re having any problems, download and install the latest version of BlueStacks and check if that solves the problem. By doing so you’ll update the application to the latest version and that should hopefully fix all the problems with BlueStacks.
7. Try running BlueStacks in Safe Mode
- Open the Settings app. The fastest way to do that is to use Windows Key + I shortcut.
- After the Settings app opens, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Select Recovery from the left pane. Click the Restart now button in the right pane.
- Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Click the Restart button.
- You should now see a list of options. Select the Safe Mode with Networking by pressing the corresponding keyboard key.
8. Perform a Clean boot
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type msconfig, and click OK.
- Navigate to the Services tab and check to Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click the Disable all button to disable the services.
- Head over to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Right-click the first entry on the list and select Disable from the menu. Do this for all entries on the list.
- Go back to the System Configuration window.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes and restart your PC.
Once your PC restarts, check if the problem is still there. If the Blue Screen of Death doesn’t appear anymore, it’s certain that one of your startup applications or services was causing the issue.
To pinpoint the cause, it’s necessary that you enable the disabled applications and services one by one.
Bear in mind that you’ll have to restart your PC after enabling a group of services or applications in order to apply the changes.
Once you find the problematic application, remove it, or keep it disabled in order to prevent this issue from reappearing.
We hope that our solutions helped you solve this problem and if you have any suggestions, please let us know in the Comments section below.