- Android emulators allow you to install Android games and social media apps like Snapchat.
- If you're using Bluestacks as an emulator and face trouble opening Snapchat, keep reading for fixes.
- Bookmark our Web Apps section for more detailed troubleshooting tips & tricks.
- Check out our Snapchat section to read the latest updates on these apps.
Bluestacks is a popular Android emulator, used by millions to access Android games like PUBG and social media apps such as Snapchat on their PC. However, some users have reported that Snapchat isn’t working when accessed via Bluestacks.
More specifically, the app displays a Something went wrong
In this article, we explore the best solutions to help you resolve the mentioned Snapchat error on Bluestacks.
How to fix Snapchat not working on Bluestacks emulator
1. Change the emulator to LDPlayer
The quickest way and if you don’t want o waste time troubleshooting the existing emulator is to change it.
Our recommendation is LDPlayer, a free and popular Android emulator, with over 100 million installs and 2 million daily active users.
Perhaps these numbers say enough, however, you should know that LDPlayer allows for easy and even multi-instance gameplay, using either the mouse, the keyboard, or the gamepad.
Some of the key features of this emulator are game optimization options, high FPS, multi-instance sync, and script addition to automatize game management.
LDPlayerTry a free, more stable Android emulator to enjoy a seamless Snapchat experience on your PC.
2. Change the Bluestacks or the Snapchat version
If the oops something went wrong error occur when trying to access Snapchat on Bluestacks, it might be due to Snapchat blocking the access of its app on anything other than smartphones.
This error seems to occur only on the newer Bluestacks 3 version. The simple workaround for this issue is to use the older version of Bluestacks.
Install an older version of Bluestacks
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK to open Control Panel
- From the list of installed apps, select Bluestacks.
- Click on Uninstall. Confirm the action by clicking on Yes.
- Download the older version of Bluestacks.
- Run the installer and follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Once installed, launch Bluestacks player and try reinstalling Snapchat. The app should work fine as it was working earlier.
Use an older version of Snapchat
If the issue persists, and the workaround doesn’t work, try using the older version of Snapchat. You can download the older version of Snapchat from APK Pure website.
This trick, in theory, should work if Snapchat does not force the users to update their app before using it when new updates are available.
3. Use Snapchat Beta version
- Open the Snapchat app on your Android phone.
- Tap the Settings icon ( Gear).
- Scroll down and select the Join Snapchat Beta option.
- Scroll down to the Advanced section.
- Tap on Join Snapchat Beta.
- Tap on Count me in!
- Close the Snapchat app on your phone.
Launch Bluestacks on your PC. Download and install the Snapchat app. Bluestacks will install the Beta version of the app by default as you have opted to try Snapchat Beta.
4. Use Snapchat via Casper
- Download the Casper apk from APK Mirror.
- Launch Bluestacks.
- Click on the three dots beside the Installed Apps tag.
- Select Install apk.
- Select the Casper apk file from the download folder.
- Click on Open and Bluestacks will install Casper.
Casper is an alternative Android client for the popular messaging app Snapchat. With Casper, you can save snaps, send snaps from your gallery and do almost everything the app does.
Since Snapchat developers are blocking Snapchat on Android emulators, using Snapchat via Casper is a clever workaround if you are okay with the extra effort that you may have to put into getting the app working.
The Oops something went wrong error on Bluestacks Snapchat is most likely to occur due to the incompatibility of the app with Android emulators. However, if you really need to use Snapchat with Bluestacks, check the workarounds listed in the article.
FAQ: Learn more about Snapchat issues on Bluestacks
- Why won’t Snapchat work on Bluestacks?
Snapchat won’t run on any Android emulators due to the restrictions put in by the Snapchat developers. The company has not given any official statement on the same.
- How can I get Snapchat on my PC Bluestacks?
You can download Snapchat from the Google Play Store in Bluestacks. However, since the app is not officially supported on Android emulators, we’ve listed some workarounds.
- Does Snapchat work on Bluestacks 2020?
No, not officially. Snapchat developers have disabled the app support on Android emulators, including Bluestacks. However, you may still be able to install the app using some workarounds.