Gone are the days when you have to rummage through your drawer on a tax return date. For anyone running any kind of business, bookkeeping software is a necessity in order to stay on top of everything in this modern age. If the subscription cost has been what’s keeping you from using an accounting software system, there is a wide variety of tools out there to help you monitor the progress of your business.
Bookkeeping software works to automate tasks and let you save hours of accounting time.
The best bookkeeping software for PC
NolaPro caters to the needs of small enterprises with its easy-to-use interface. This online bookkeeping software features the following:
- Contacts – Quickly manage customers, employees, vendors and more.
- Ledger – Double Entry Accounting with Industry Standard Accounts.
- Order Management – Maintain orders from your customers and purchases from your vendors.
- Billing – In-depth receivables, quotes, POS and recurring invoices.
- Payables – Organize bills, write checks, issue purchase orders.
- Inventory – Manage inventory costs, stock levels and price levels with ease.
- Payroll – Full Payroll Check process support with W-2/941 Forms.
- Data Backups – Keep your data safe with easy to make backups.
- Secure Site – NolaPro incorporates multiple security methods to ensure your safety.
- Automatic Updates – A free service to all of our cloud subscribers.
- Customizable – Your modules. Your industry. Your choice.
If you want more features, you can upgrade to the premium version for $10 or $40 per month.
If you are looking for a personal and small-business bookkeeping software, then GnuCash is for you. The tool lets you monitor bank accounts, stocks, income and expenses. GnuCash is easy and intuitive to use as a checkbook register.
GnuCash also manages other functions of a bookkeeping tool including invoicing and credit notes, accounts payable and receivable, and employee expenses. Its features include:
- Double-Entry Accounting
- Stock/Bond/Mutual Fund Accounts
- Small-Business Accounting
- Reports, Graphs
- QIF/OFX/HBCI Import, Transaction Matching
- Scheduled Transactions
- Financial Calculations
- Statement Reconciliation
- Income/Expense Account Types
- Small Business Accounting Features
- Multiple Currencies
- Stock/Mutual Fund Portfolios
- Online Stock & Mutual Fund Quotes
- Experimental database support
- QIF and OFX Import
- HBCI Support
- Transaction Finder
- Check Printing
- Mortgage & Loan Repayment Assistant
QuickBooks is popular bookkeeping software that supports small business as well as big business environments. The tool helps to secure data sharing with an accountant and it supports integration with Microsoft Outlook. Features include:
- Organize Expenses. Connect bank and credit card accounts for automatic downloads and categorization. Plug into apps you already use for seamless integration.
- Control your cash flow. Stay on top of who owes you, how much, and when their payment is due. With a few clicks, email overdue customers from your phone.
- Make your business look good. Create custom, professional invoices, sales receipts and estimates that reflect your business and your brand.
- One-click reporting. Instantly see how your business is performing. With a single click you can quickly see your profit & loss, balance sheet, and dozens of other reports.
- Share with your accountant. Your accountant can instantly access your records from anywhere, anytime (for free!). It’s a simpler way to collaborate with your accountant.
- Take care of business anywhere. From the coffee shop to the airport lounge, follow up on a late invoice, run payroll or update customer data from your mobile or tablet.
- Enhanced Payroll. Pay W-2 employees and file payroll taxes with QuickBooks. Just enter hours and pay by check or direct deposit. Additional fees apply.
- Full Service Payroll. Let QuickBooks run and file payroll taxes for you. You’ll get guaranteed error-free paychecks and payroll taxes. Additional fees apply.
- Paperless receipt tracking. Stay organized on the go. Snap a photo of your receipt and link it to a transaction for easy tax prep.
- Dashboard overview. Income, expenses, outstanding invoices, and other key business financials are on view as soon as you sign in.
- Get paid instantly. Add a Pay Now button to online invoices for one-click payments. Customers can easily and quickly pay with credit card, debit card, or bank transfer.
- Automate your spending. Manage your bills and vendors you own. Set up reoccurring payments for automatic bill pay that’s hassle-free.
- Stocked for Success. From shelf to shipment, QuickBooks automatically tracks inventory on hand and per item cost so you can see how profitable you are.
You can purchase QuickBooks for Windows from Intuit.
Money Manager Ex
Money Manager Ex is another impressive open source tool for bookkeeping. While it is a free tool, the software includes features that compete with premium services. The application is portable, which means you can save and use it from a USB stick without installing it. Its features are:
- Intuitive, simple, fast, clean
- Checking, credit card, savings, stock investment, assets accounts
- Reminders for recurring bills and deposits
- Budgeting and cash flow forecasting
- Simple one click reporting with graphs and piecharts
- Import data from any CSV format, QIF
- Does not require an install: can run from a USB key
- Non-Proprietary SQLite Database with AES Encryption
Sage 50 Accounting Software
Peachtree accounting software includes four versions to address the needs of various businesses, nonprofit organizations, manufacturing, construction and other industries. The tool works with the ACT! contact management software. Other add-on services are also available to extend features, including payroll and merchant accounts. Other popular features of Sage Peachtree Accounting include:
- Outlook Connector. Automatically sync Microsoft Outlook contacts and Sage 50c contacts to save you time. Access customer balance information, credit limits, contact details and order history – even if away from the office.
- Cloud Back-Up. Get the security and peace of mind with automated data back-ups stored offsite, in the cloud. You can also undo data entry enrrors by restoring data from the cloud as of a particular date. Never again be stuck without a recent backup.
- Microsoft Office Business Premium. Minimize your vendors list and easily manage your technology platforms – and your budget – with one monthly payment that covers your core business solutions, your accounting package and your office suite, Access core Microsoft apps.
- Sales optimization. Easily keep track of all your customers. Create quotes and proposals, then convert them to sales orders and invoices with a click.
- Expense management. Record all your purchases and expenses, never miss a payment, and stay in control of your cash.
- Mobile Invoicing. Invoice customers and take payments on the go with mobile and online invoicing. Instantly improves cash flow.
- Dashboards. At-a-glance dashboards instantly tell you where your business stands – available cash, receivables, expenses, inventory on hand, and so much more.
- Reporting. One-click reports on sales, taxes, upcoming expenditures, profits – everything you and your accountant need to analyze business performance.
- Payroll. Payroll services built right into your software make it easier to pay employees, track benefits, and report taxes.
You can buy the tool from Sage.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 8 best personal finance and accounting Software
- 7 best Windows 10 invoice software to use
- Zoho Books Accounting App for Windows 8, 10 Released, Download Now