Microsoft introduced a new feature in Windows 10 which will show all the applications or perhaps the system notifications as toasts instead of the balloon notification we were used to in the previous versions of Windows. But if you want to bring back your balloon notifications in your new Windows 10 operating system you can learn below what are the proper steps that you need to take.
Applying some modifications in the Windows 10 system will bring back your balloon notification but you will have to follow the instructions below to the letter to prevent any potential damage to your Windows 10 system. Also it would be recommended to create a backup copy of your current Windows 10 operating system so that you won’t have to worry if you accidentally change something wrong in the Windows 10 system.
Tutorial for bringing back the balloon notifications feature in Windows 10
- Press and hold the “Windows” button and the “R” button.
- You should have in front of you the “Run” window.
- Write in the “Run” window the following command: “gpedit.msc” without the quotes.
- Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
- Now you will have on the screen the “Local Group Policy Editor” window.
- On the left pane you will have to double click or tap on the “User Configuration” icon.
- In the “User Configuration” icon you need to double click or tap on the “Administrative Templates” folder.
- In the “Administrative Templates” folder double click or tap on the “Start Menu and Taskbar” folder.
- Now on the left side pane you need to find the “Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts” option.
- Double click or tap on the “Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts” option.
- In the window that pops up of the “Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts” option you need to left click or tap on the “Enable” button you have in the upper left side of that window.
- Now you will need to left click or tap on the “OK” button in the window presented above.
- Close the “Local Group Policy Editor” window.
- Reboot your Windows 10 operating system.
- After the Windows 10 device powers up again you can go ahead and test if your balloons notifications are working well.
That is all you have to do in order to bring back your balloon notifications in the Windows 10 operating system. Please write us below in the comments section if you have any issues applying the steps above.