- Emulation is great because it allows you to run games from other platforms on your PC.
- Did you know that you can run emulators in your web browser?
- Web browsers can do all sorts of tasks, and if you want to learn more, check our details below.
Emulators are a great way to experience old games on your PC, but did you know that there are certain emulators that work in your web browser?
That’s right, there are various emulators available online and you can run them right from your browser. In today’s article, we’ll show you how to do that.
How do I play emulators on my browser?
1. Visit emulator websites
- Visit any emulator website.
- Select the type of console you wish to emulate.
- Choose the desired game and wait for it to load.
- Once the game is loaded, you should be able to play it right from your browser.
You can easily emulate games in your browser, but for the best performance, it’s advised to use a gaming browser such as Opera GX.
This browser supports customization and you can choose between different themes, wallpapers, and highlight colors. There’s also Twitch integration, allowing you to keep a close eye on your favorite streamers.
The browser also has a GX Control feature that allows you to limit the number of resources your browser uses and ensure that other processes are running smoothly.
Opera GX also has a built-in adblocker which will come in handy if you’re playing games in your browser. As for security, there’s a free built-in VPN with unlimited bandwidth available.
Opera GXPlay timeless classics in an ultra-modern environment by turning the world’s best browser for gamers into a retro game emulator.
2. Upload your game ROMs to an emulation website
- Download your favorite games as ROMs from safe sources.
- Unzip the ROMs on your PC.
- Access the dedicated website, and select the desired gaming platform.
- Upload the ROM and start playing your favorite game.
There are many emulator websites, and all of them work on the same principle, so you can use them without even signing up.
Running emulators and playing old games in your browser is simple, and we hope that you found our guide useful.