- Wetransfer is one of the most popular file-sharing tools, featuring both a free and several paid subscriptions.
- Canceling a subscription takes just a few seconds, but it cuts off your access to all your transfer history and stored documents.
- Once you've done that and if you're looking to try out another file-sharing tool, check out our dedicated File Sharing Hub.
- Additionally, we're constantly updating our Web Apps section for more handy articles. You can bookmark it, in case you'll need it later.
WeTransfer is largely known as a simple and fast service for sharing files of up to 2GB. Prior registration or other form filling actions are not required at this stage.
Also, WeTransfer offers a large variety of other features in its premium version. Once you subscribe, you can cancel your subscription hasslefree anytime.
WeTransfer Plus, the premium version, allows files sharing of up to 20GB/transfer and the service stores your documents for as long as you continue as a subscriber. Not to mention that this plan is add-free.
What paid plan suits you best?
The paid plan comes in two options, monthly and yearly.
Besides being charged through the payment provider of your choice, none of the plans expire after the first month/year but are renewed automatically. You are notified beforehand of the charge.
How do I cancel my WeTransfer subscription?
Useful information before canceling
Before canceling your WeTransfer subscription, here are a couple of things you will surely miss:
- The enhanced transfer capacity of 20GB/operation.
- If you need it regularly, it should be an important detail to reflect upon.
- Unlimited storage period for your large files.
- As mentioned, Wetransfer Plus will keep your files for one week, one month, or the duration of your subscription.
- The capacity of up to 50 recipients/transfer can always come in as handy.
Cancel the WeTrasfer subscription
If you decide to cancel your WeTransfer subscription, you only have to go to the Payment section in your Plus account and click on the Cancel subscription option.
Should you regret your decision and decide to restore your WeTransferPro plan, you are welcome to do that without any problems.
Looking to explore more file-sharing options? Read this guide for the best file sharing tools in Windows 10.
We recommend the use of a reliable antivirus at all times to prevent this.
- How long does it take for WeTransfer to send?
The actual sending process is very fast, up to a few seconds or a few minutes, depending on the total size of your files. The files are stored for 7 days, in the core plan, and for an unlimited time in the paid plan.
- How can I send large files over the Internet?
You can use file-sharing services like WeTransfer or you can try a cloud storage space to upload your files. Alternatively, file compression software is a good idea for small documents. Other solutions are USB flash drives or use a VPN.
Frequently Asked Questions
The process of uploading the files and sending the link is completely encrypted. While this poses no risk in itself: The recipient receives an unencrypted email with a link to the file and compromise the files. We recommend the use of a reliable antivirus at all times to prevent this.
The actual sending process is very fast, up to a few seconds or a few minutes, depending on the total size of your files. Afterwared, the files are stored for 7 days, in the core plan, and for an unlimited period of time in the paid plan.