Alexa is a popular could-based voice service available on over 100 million devices. Till recently, the service was limited to Amazon and Android devices. However, Alexa is now available for Windows 10 computers and can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store.
Some users have reported they are unable to download Alexa from the Microsoft Store.
How do I find this Alexa app for download. No matter what I do I can’t complete the download. I have a new Alexa echo dot 2nd gen. I also have one in another room that works, but now I see the old one is always showing a green ring
Read below to find out about the detailed instructions on how to finally download Alexa on Windows 10.
How to get Alexa app if it won’t download?
1. Check for Availability
- First thing you should do is check if the app is available in your country. Open the Microsoft Store and type Get Alexa in the search. Or simply go to this link.
- If the download page says “Alexa is currently not available“, it means the app is not available for your country yet.
- Follow the next step to download and install the app manually.
2. Download the Alexa app Manually
- Go to the Alexa app page, here. Copy the app URL from the address bar.
- Now go to Adguard Store’s official website, here.
- Paste in the link the address bar. Click the drop-down button next to the URL field and select Retail.
- Click on the Checkmark button.
- Now download both .appxbundle as well the .eappxbundle of the app by clicking on the link. (Refer the image for more).
This should help you install Alexa on your Windows 10 computer. If required, try to change the region on your computer to the US or UK to get it to work.
3. Rest Microsoft Store Cache
- Press the Windows key and type wsreset.
- Click on Wsreset (run command). Wait for the command to execute successfully.
- Launch the Microsoft Store app and try to download the Alexa app.
- Resetting the Microsoft Store app can help you resolve any temporary issues with the app.
4. Check Time Settings
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Click on Time and Language.
- Check if the date and time on your computer are correct.
- If not, turn off “Set time automatically” and “Set time zone” automatically.
- Now click on Change button under Change date and time.
- Set correct time and data. Make sure you enable “Set time automatically” and “Set time zone automatically” after setting the correct time.
- Launch the Microsoft Store and check for any improvements.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Fix: Windows Store Doesn’t Work in Windows 10
- The new Alexa PC app: A hostile takeover or a merger?
- Fix: Windows Store error 0x80d0000a on Windows 10
- Fix: Windows Store closes immediately after opening