- Windows 10 comes with a built-in video player and music streaming service called Music & Video and Groove Music.
- The article below will be covering error 0x887c0032 that affects both these services.
- For more information about the topic, take a look at our dedicated Groove Music Hub.
- If you need help with other app errors, check out our Software Fix page.
For the past few days, whenever I try to play video on the Movies and TV app, and music on Groove app, it says CAN’T PLAY and shows an error code 0x887c0032 for every MP4 and MP3.
So, users can’t play media content in those apps when that error arises. These are some of the potential 0x887c0032 error resolutions for those who need to fix it.
How can I fix error 0x887c0032?
1. Check out the video and audio troubleshooter
As Movies and TV and Groove are Windows 10’s default media apps, the platform’s video and audio troubleshooters might come in handy for fixing error 0x887c0032.
- To open those troubleshooters, click the Type here to search button.
- Next, input troubleshoot as the search keyword.
- Click Troubleshoot settings to open the window directly below.
- Select Video Playback and click Run the troubleshooter to open the window directly below.
- To open Playing Audio, select that troubleshooter and click its Run the troubleshooter button.
- Then you can go through those troubleshooter’s suggested resolutions.
2. Reset the Windows Audio Endpoint service
Restarting the Windows Audio Endpoint service is a potential remedy for error 0x887c0032.
- Open Windows 10’s search tool.
- Enter services as the keyword.
- Next, click Services to open the window in the image directly below.
- Then double-click the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder to open the properties window directly below.
- Select the Automatic startup option if that’s not the current configuration.
- If the service isn’t already running, click the Start button.
- If the service is running, however, click the Stop button.
- Then click Start to restart the service.
- Select the OK option to exit the properties window.
3. Reset the app
You might need to fix a corrupted Movies & TV or Groove Music app to resolve error 0x887c0032.
- Open the search utility in Windows 10.
- Enter apps to search for Apps & features.
- Click Apps & features to open Settings as in the snapshot directly below.
- Select the app error 0x887c0032 arises for.
- Click Advanced options to open further options.
- Press the Reset button.
- A dialog box window will open. Click Reset on that window to provide confirmation.
4. Update video card drivers
Error 0x887c0032 could be due to a corrupted or antiquated video card driver that needs replacing.
- To check if that’s the case, click Free Download on Driver Booster 7’s homepage to get the setup wizard for that software.
- Install Driver Booster 7 with the downloaded setup wizard.
- Open Driver Booster 7.
- After launching the software for the first time, it will scan automatically.
- Thereafter, Driver Booster 7 might show that your GPU device driver is faulty or outdated. If so, click the Update Now button.
Those resolutions might fix error 0x887c0032 for some users. If not, however, you can always try playing videos and music in third-party media player software.
Freeware media players like VLC, 5KPlayer, and KMPlayer are actually better than Windows 10’s default video and music apps, so, check them out.
FAQ: Learn more about Movies & TV and Groove Music
- What is Groove Music?
Groove Music is a digital music streamings service developed by Microsoft.
- How can I import libraries into Groove Music?
You can easily import any type of music library into Groove Music. Here’s an example of how to import your iTunes library.
- Is Groove Music reliable?
While this built-in streaming service is indeed developed by Microsoft, this doesn’t mean that it doesn’t come with its own fair share of issues.