- Windows 10 users are supposed to enjoy the Music & Video and Groove Music streaming services.
- The article below will be covering the error 0x887c0032 that affects them, so take a closer look.
- For more information about the topic, don't hesitate to visit this Groove Music section as well.
- If you need help with other app errors, simply check out our PC Software Troubleshooting Hub.
The 0x887c0032 error arises for some users when they try to play media files in Movies & TV or Groove Music.
In one MS forum post, a user stated:
For the past few days, whenever I try to play video on the Movies and TV app, and music on Groove app, it says CAN’T PLAY and shows an error code 0x887c0032 for every MP4 and MP3.
So, users can’t play media content in those apps when that error arises. These are some of the potential 0x887c0032 error resolutions for those who need to fix it.
How can I fix error 0x887c0032?
1. Update video card drivers
Error 0x887c0032 could be caused by a corrupted or antiquated video card driver that needs replacing. Thankfully, we’ve got the best solution for that.
We are talking about a tool that can automatically scan your PC and look for outdated device drivers. Then, DriverFix provides a detailed report of all identified issues.
At this point, the choice is all yours. You can simply update the video card driver or see the bigger picture here and download and install all of your out-of-date device drivers.
DriverFix has a generous database of no less than 18 million driver files, so accuracy is guaranteed. Moreover, it discovers all the outdated drivers in mere seconds.
DriverFixWhen dealing with the0x887c0032 error, chances are it’s driver-related. This is where DriverFix steps in!
2. Check out the video and audio troubleshooter
- To open those troubleshooters, click the Type here to search button.
- Next, input troubleshoot as the search keyword.
- Click Troubleshoot settings to open the window directly below.
- Select Video Playback and click Run the troubleshooter to open the window directly below.
- To open Playing Audio, select that troubleshooter and click its Run the troubleshooter button.
- Then you can go through those troubleshooter’s suggested resolutions.
As Movies and TV and Groove are Windows 10’s default media apps, the platform’s video and audio troubleshooters might come in handy for fixing error 0x887c0032.
3. Reset the Windows Audio Endpoint service
- Open Windows 10’s search tool.
- Enter services as the keyword.
- Next, click Services to open the window in the image directly below.
- Then double-click the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder to open the properties window directly below.
- Select the Automatic startup option if that’s not the current configuration.
- If the service isn’t already running, click the Start button.
- If the service is running, however, click the Stop button.
- Then click Start to restart the service.
- Select the OK option to exit the properties window.
Restarting the Windows Audio Endpoint service is a potential remedy for error 0x887c0032. Don’t hesitate to refer to the above procedure in that regard.
4. Reset the app
- Open the search utility in Windows 10.
- Enter apps to search for Apps & features.
- Click Apps & features to open Settings as in the snapshot directly below.
- Select the app error 0x887c0032 arises for.
- Click Advanced options to open further options.
- Press the Reset button.
- A dialog box window will open. Click Reset on that window to provide confirmation.
You might need to fix a corrupted Movies & TV or Groove Music app to resolve error 0x887c0032. Just complete the above procedure in that regard.
Those resolutions might fix error 0x887c0032 for some users. If not, however, you can always try playing videos and music in some great third-party media player software tools.
Freeware media players like VLC, 5KPlayer, and KMPlayer are actually better than Windows 10’s default video and music apps, so, check them out.
FAQ: Learn more about Movies & TV and Groove Music
- What is Groove Music?
Groove Music is a digital music streamings service developed by Microsoft.
- How can I import libraries into Groove Music?
You can easily import any type of music library into Groove Music. Here’s an example of how to import your iTunes library.
- Is Groove Music reliable?
While this built-in streaming service is indeed developed by Microsoft, this doesn’t mean that it doesn’t come with its own fair share of issues.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in October 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in May 2020 and was revamped and updated in October 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.