- Bloatware is something common for the Windows OS, one good example being CCSDK.exe.
- Today we will be discussing what it is, what does it do, and how you can remove it from your PC.
- Need more help removing various software? Get help from our Removal Guides section.
- To learn more about your PC and how you can perform various operations, go to our How-To page.
CCSDK.exe, also known as CCSDK Customer Engagement Service is bloatware which is commonly present on Lenovo computers.
However, some malware codes disguise as CCSDK.exe itself and perform unknown operations in the background such as monitoring applications or using ports to connect to either the Internet or LAN.
In addition, CCSDK.exe is not essential for Windows OS giving it a potentially unwanted program (PUP) status.
Hence, Windows Report Team highly recommends that you remove CCSDK.exe from your Windows PC.
How do I remove CCSDK.exe?
1. Use Malwarebytes
Another means of removing CCSDK.exe is by using Malwarebytes. This program will scan and remove PUPs from your computer, especially CCSDK.exe.
Here’s how to download, install, and use Malwarebytes on your Windows PC:
- Download Malwarebytes
- Double-click on the download exe file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
- After installation, right-click on the Malwarebytes icon, and then select Run as administrator to open the program.
- In the Malwarebytes display, click on the Scan button to commence the scanning operation.
- After the completed scan, click on the Clean button.
- Now, click OK when prompted to reboot your PC to complete cleaning.
MalwarebytesEnjoy using your PC without worrying about PUPs with the help of this extremely reliable malware remover!
2. Use an uninstaller
Since CCSDK.exe is an executable, it means that it is in many ways a program, a program that you can uninstall if you find it to be too annoying.
However, CCSDK.exe isn’t something that you will find in your list of installed software, so getting rid of it will be trickier unless of course, you have a dedicated uninstaller like IObit Uninstaller 10 Pro.
This program will detect anything on your PC, from common programs to Store apps and browser extensions, and remove them entirely.
Additionally, it will also clean your PC of any leftover files that would otherwise stay there and take up storage space.
IObit Uninstaller 10 ProGet rid of CCSDK.exe and don't worry about PUPs anymore thanks to one of the world's best uninstallers!
3. Recommended tasks to perform after removing CCSDK.exe
After performing uninstall of CCSDK.exe from your Lenovo PC. We do recommend that you carry out the following operations:
Run a full system scan
Run a full system scan on your PC to remove every possible virus corruption. There are several third-parties antivirus software around that you may use.
You can also use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender. Here’s how to run a full system scan on Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Go to Start > type defender > double click Windows Defender to launch the tool.
- In the left hand pane, select the shield icon.
- In the new window, click the “Advanced scan” option.
- Check the full scan option to launch a full system malware scan.
Alternatively, we strongly suggest you to check out some of the best antivirus software for your Windows PC and install them on your computer. Some third-party antivirus programs such as BullGuard, BitDefender, etc are ideal for virus removal.
Perform SFC Scan
This utility program verifies the integrity of all system files and repairs files with problems when possible. Here’s how to run an SFC scan on all Windows’ versions:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
Run Windows Update
Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates so as to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors on your PC. However, you can follow these steps to update your Windows OS:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
We’d love to hear from you. Share in the comments section below how you were able to remove CCSDK.exe program from your PC.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.