What is CCSDK.exe? How do I remove it? We have the answers
CCSDK.exe, also known as CCSDK Customer Engagement Service is a bloatware which is commonly present on Lenovo computers.
However, some malware codes disguises as CCSDK.exe itself and perform unknown operations in the background such as monitoring applications or using ports to connect to either the Internet or LAN.
In addition, CCSDK.exe is not essential for Windows OS giving it a potential unwanted program (PUP) status.
Hence, Windows Report Team highly recommends that you remove CCSDK.exe from your Windows PC.
Here are 3 ways of removing CCSDK.exe
1. Use Control Panel
The simplest way of removing CCSDK.exe or CCSDK Customer Engagement Service is by using Control Panel. If you are able to identify the program, then you can easily uninstall it from Programs and Features. Here’s how to do this:
- Click Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Feature, or Uninstall a Program under the Programs category.
- In the list of installed programs, search CCSDK or CCSDK Customer Engagement Service.
- Click on the software you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall button which appears at the top of the program list and follow the instructions to uninstall the program.
- READ ALSO: How to fix Dell PC error code 0146
2. Use MalwarebytesAdwCleaner
Here’s how to download, install, and use MalwarebytesAdwCleaner on your Windows PC:
- Download MalwarebytesAdwCleaner here.
- Double-click on the download exe file and follow the prompts to complete installation.
- After installation, right-click on the MalwarebytesAdwCleaner icon, and then select “Run as administrator” to open the program.
- In the MalwarebytesAdwCleaner display, click on the “Scan” button to commence the scanning operation.
- After the completed scan, click on the “Clean” button.
- Now, click “OK” when prompted to reboot your PC to complete cleaning.
Note: Other programs noted for easy removal of CCSDK.exe include Hitman Pro, CCleaner, IObit Uninstaller, and ZemanaAntiMalware. You can use any of these tools to remove CCSDK.exe program from your PC.
3. Recommended tasks to perform after removing CCSDK.exe
After performing uninstall of CCSDK.exe from your Lenovo PC. We do recommend that you carry out the following operations:
Run a full system scan
Run a full system scan on your PC to remove every possible virus corruption. There are several third-parties antivirus software around that you may use.
You can also use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender. Here’s how to run a full system scan on Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Go to Start > type ‘defender’ > double click Windows Defender to launch the tool.
- In the left hand pane, select the shield icon.
- In the new window, click the “Advanced scan” option.
- Check the full scan option to launch a full system malware scan.
Alternatively, we strongly suggest you to check out some of the best antivirus software for your Windows PC and install them on your computer. Some third-party antivirus programs such as BullGuard, BitDefender, etc are ideal for virus removal.
- Perform SFC Scan
This utility program verifies the integrity of all system files and repairs files with problems when possible. Here’s how to run an SFC scan on all Windows’ versions:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
- Run Windows Update
Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates so as to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors on your PC. However, you can follow these steps to update your Windows OS:
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
We’d love to hear from you. Share in the comments section below how you were able to remove CCSDK.exe program from your PC.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Msdownld.tmp on Internet Explorer: What is it and how to remove it?
- CompatTelRunner.exe file: What is it and how it affects Windows computers
- What’ syscheckup.exe and how to remove it?
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]