Power BI is a very useful tool for creating a comprehensive view of your business data. You can visualize, shape and share various sets of data with the help of this app.
So, a very important feature is making changes to an existing data source.
However, quite a few users encountered an issue with changing the existing data source:
When I’m trying to change my existing data source (Microsoft Azure CosmosDB) to Blob Storage, the Change source is disabled. How do I workaround this? I have gone through various questions but none of them were similar to mine.
As this user from Stack Overflow forum said and as the image below shows, the Change Source button is disabled, but fortunately, there are workarounds available.
Steps to change the data source in Power BI
1. Change data source from Settings Menu
- Click File.
- Click Options and settings.
- Right-click Data sources settings and change source.
2. Change data source from Advanced Editor
- Click Edit Queries and add the new source table.
- Click on the new source table and select Advanced Editor.
- Copy the commands with CTRL-C and click Done.
- Click on the old table and click on Advanced Editor.
- Select all the commands here, and paste the new source information using CTRL-V.
- Apply the changes.
Changing the data source is an important feature to have. The inability to use this function could make the entire tool inoperable for many people.
However, these are only workarounds, so the problem still remains.
Did you encounter a similar issue with Power BI? Did you find additional solutions? Let us know in the comment section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: