New Civilization VI trailer sets release date on October 21
The award-winning Civilization franchise is returning again after a long hiatus. The new game, titled Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, is slated to hit Windows PCs come October 21, 2016 — a date the title also shares with Battlefield 1.
The Civilization series is a real-time strategy franchise where in each game, the player must build a powerful empire capable of standing the test of time. Players must become the ruler of the entire world by building an empire from the Stone Age right up to the Information Age.
This won’t be an easy task as several problems will arise along the way. However, it’s not impossible if the player has the mind for strategy. Be prepared to wage war with other factions as you participate in diplomacy with others. Furthermore, you will also get the chance to get to head-to-head with some of history’s well known figures.
Here are some of the cool features to expect from Civilization VI:
- EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain.
- ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures.
- DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations.
- COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units.
- ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session.
- A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems introduce new players to the underlying concepts so they can easily get started.
For those who are interested, the game can be pre-ordered right now.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex for Windows 10 gets content update, brings stability fixes and gameplay modifications
- Star Wars: Battlefront sequel slated for Xbox One and Windows PC in 2017
- Fix: Civilization V no Longer Works in Windows 10
Tumbler is a popular social media website that allows its users to create blogs and share their content with others. More than 465 million people […]