- Clownfish Voice Changer allows you to select alternative message voices for Discord.
- You can customize the voice changer options in a few seconds via the app’s window.
- To configure it, you will need to access Discord’s input device settings.
- Keep in mind that Clownfish Voice Changer users can also apply effects to selected voices.
Many users utilize the Discord app for voice calls and text messaging. However, Discord lacks voice customization options for messaging.
So, some Discord users utilize Clownfish Voice Changer to apply different voice effects to their messages.
In today’s article, you’re going to discover how you can easily configure this amazing app. Of course, for more information, you can always check the Clownfish Voice Changer official page.
Does Clownfish work on Discord?
Clownfish Voice Changer is software that enables its users to change voices for messaging. At it gets installed at a system level, it applies voice effects to all apps that utilize microphones.
Therefore, Clownfish certainly works for Discord, Skype, Hangouts, and other notable messaging apps.
Some people use voice changers because it feels as if they make said people more anonymous. Some trolls use them so that they may harass people more menacingly.
Now, let’s see how to quickly get it on your PC. To find more interesting details about this app, make sure you read the entire guide.
How can I use the Clownfish Voice Changer in Discord?
1. Download and Installation
- Open the download page for Clownfish Voice Changer.
- Click a 64 or 32-bit download option for Clownfish depending on your Windows system architecture.
- Open the File Explorer utility with the Windows + E hotkey.
- Then, open the folder you downloaded Clownfish to.
- Click on VoiceChanger to open the setup window for Clownfish shown directly below.
- Press the Next button.
- Select all the component checkboxes, and click Next to continue.
- Click Browse to choose a custom installation path for Clownfish. Alternatively, you can install the software at the default Program Files path without selecting a different one.
- Then, select Next and Finish to install Clownfish.
2. Adjust Clownfish Voice Changer’s settings
- Double-click on your Clownfish desktop icon.
- Select the Set Voice Changer option on the context menu.
- Choose one of the available alternative voices for your Discord messages on the Clownfish Voice Changer window.
- To listen to voice previews, double-click on the Clownfish Voice Changer desktop icon and select the Hear microphone setting.
- Drag the Pitch bar to left and right to adjust the pitch for voices.
- You can apply effects to the voices by clicking the Sound effect buttons.
- Click the arrow button for the Effect mixer option to combine two different voices.
- To utilize Clownfish with non-default audio input devices, double-click again on the Clownfish desktop icon.
- Select Setup, then System Integration.
- Then you can select Install options for other audio capture devices on your PC.
3. Select your default input in Discord
- Open the Discord app (Windows or web).
- Click on the User Settings button near the bottom of Discord’s window.
- Then click Voice & Video on the left side of Discord.
- Clownfish is installed to capture sound with your PC’s default audio input device. So, select your default audio input device on Discord’s Input Device submenu.
Is Clownfish Voice Changer safe?
Even if it’s not a sophisticated tool, it does everything right. Moreover, you’ll never have to worry about cyberattacks (that might threaten your privacy), while running it.
Clownfish proved to be a safe app in several cases. However, because cybercriminals are always looking for new ways to access your data, we recommend choosing from the best antiviruses compatible with Windows 10.
A few users have said they’ve encountered microphone and audio issues after installing Clownfish. Clownfish issues can often appear due to incorrectly installed microphones, etc.
If it’s ever happening to can’t hear anyone in Discord, make sure you verify how you can easily fix this issue.
With our presented solutions, Clownfish’s voice settings will be played through your microphone and applied to Discord messaging whenever the CVC app is running.
Overall, Clownfish is fun and straightforward to utilize software that’s among the best voice changer apps for Windows.
If you face any additional questions in using this app, do not hesitate to leave a comment in the dedicated section below.