- Google wants to prevent web scraping on their page so they impose some limits. Abnormal activity detection triggers a re-Captcha when performing a search.
- Prevent the message that the network may be sending automated queries by making sure there is no malware on your device and your browsers is working as it should.
- If you encounter an issue with the browser, check the articles from Browser Errors section.
- Visit our Browsers Hub to read about recommendations and the best guides for surfing the World Wide Web.
Many users reported Your computer may be sending automated queries while using Google. This issue can be annoying since it will force you to fill in Captcha in order to continue using Google search.
However, there’s a way to solve this issue, and today we’re going to show you how to do it.
What to if my computer is sending automated queries?
1. Try a different browser
The first thing you should do when encountering this problem is to try a different browser. There are many great browsers on the market, but if you want a reliable and secure browser, we suggest you try out UR Browser.
This browser comes with built-in antivirus, anti-tracking features, and even its own VPN, so it’s a great choice if you want to surf the web without any security or privacy concerns.
2. Connect to a different network
- If possible, connect to a different network.
- If the issue doesn’t occur on a different network, it’s possible that the issue is related to your ISP.
- Trying waiting for a few minutes or for an hour and check if the problem still appears.
3. Delete cookies
- Open your browser and navigate to the three dots at the top right corner of your browser.
- Then, select Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Advanced.
- Now, navigate down and click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Tick the box on the Cookies and other site data option.
- Finally, click on Clear data.
4. Scan your PC for malware
- Scan your PC with your antivirus software.
- If any malware is found, be sure to remove it as soon as possible.
- Check if the problem is still there.
If you’re looking for a secure and reliable antivirus that can detect all types of malware, we suggest that you try out Bitdefender.
These are tested and verified solutions. Try out any of them and get your computer may be sending automated queries to issue resolved permanently.
FAQ: Learn more about automated queries in the browser
- What is an automated query?
In the context of browser and re-captcha, it means that some unusual activity was detected from your IP address which triggered an error message about too many automated queries.
- Why is Captcha not working?
If you are entering the correct text, the code might have expired. Refresh the page right before completing the field and continue.
- How do I get rid of I’m not a robot?
If you are always interrupted while searching, you can switch your VPN server if you are using it, clear your cache or allow cookies to get rid of it.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in July 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.