- Windows 10 doesn't support the iPhone's HEIC image format.
- This guide provides further details for how you can convert HEIC images to JPG so you can open them within Windows.
- Check out the How-to hub to browse through other software guides.
- Our thorough Converting section includes many more file conversion guides.
When iPhone users transfer snapshots to PCs, however, they can’t view them in Windows 10 as that platform doesn’t support the HEIC format. This guide provides you with some useful ways to convert photos from HEIC to JPG.
So, iPhone users have the option to convert HEIC files to JPG pictures (or other compatible image formats) or install third-party software to sort out this issue.
Follow the methods presented below to successfully convert HEIC format to JPG on PC without too much hassle.
How can I convert HEIC files to JPG on Windows 10?
1. Use the HEIF Image Extensions app for Windows
- Open the HEIF Image Extensions MS Store page.
- Click the Get button.
- Open the Photos app from your Start menu.
- Click Folders, and choose Add a folder.
If you haven’t transferred your HEIC photos to Windows, plug your iPhone into the PC with the USB cable for it. Then press the Import button and click From a USB device in Photos to save them on your desktop or laptop.
Next, simply select the folder that includes your iPhone’s photos, and click the Add this folder to Pictures option. Now you can view those HEIC images within Photos.
2. Use Adobe Photoshop CC (2019 and 2020)
Adobe Photoshop CC is one of the most advanced image-editing applications in the world. Although it’s not specifically a file-conversion software, you can convert HEIC files to JPG with Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 and 2020.
Adobe Photoshop CC incorporates a Mercury Graphics Engine that enables super quick image and video editing.
It includes state-of-the-art image-editing tools, which include a Content-Aware utility for retouching photos and an HDR Toning feature for adjusting picture tones.
Photoshop’s CC Image Processor is a great feature for converting HEIC files to JPG. The good thing about that utility is that it enables you to batch convert multiple HEIC images within a folder to JPG in an instant.
- Open Adobe Photoshop and click the File button.
- Select Scripts > Image Processor to open the window shown directly below.
- Press the Select Folder button for images to process.
- Select the folder that includes your HEIC images, and click OK.
- Click the Select Folder button and aim at a specific location.
- Choose a folder to save the converted JPEG images to, and press the OK button.
- Select the Save as JPEG option.
- Enter 12 in the Quality box.
- Press the Run button.
Adobe PhotoshopCreate professional-looking digital watercolor paintings with this poweful software
3. Install the CopyTrans HEIC for Windows
CopyTrans HEIC is a very useful software that enables you to view HEIC images in the Windows File Explorer without any issues.
Visit the CopyTrans page, download the software, and start using HEIC images like you would use a JPEG file.
After downloading the software, simply open the installation wizard and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
4. Use the cloudconvert website
- Open the cloudconvert website.
- Click the Select File button.
- Select some HEIC files to convert to JPG within the Open window.
- Press the Open button.
- Then click the Convert button.
5. Use the HEIC Converter software
- Open the HEIC Converter webpage in a browser.
- Click Free Download to download the HEIC to JPG converter for Windows.
- Open the Free HEIC Converter setup wizard to install the software.
- Launch the HEIC Converter software.
- Click the Add HEIC button in the HEIC Converter window.
- Select the HEIC images to convert to JPG.
- Select JPG on the Format drop-down menu.
- Click the output path button to choose a folder to save the converted images.
- Click Convert to initiate the conversion process.
- Select the Open folder button after the file conversion. Then you can have a look through your converted HEIC images in the folder.
As you can see, there is a multitude of ways to resolve this issue once and for all.
It all comes down to choosing the best solution that applies in your case.
Feel free to let us know what choice you made by using the comment section below.