FIX: Copy this file without its properties warning
Have you ever received Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties message from Windows when you were trying to move or to copy a file? If the answer is Yes, but you don’t know why you received this message and how to stop it from appearing, keep reading this article to find out.
Usually, this pop-up message shows up when you are trying to copy or to move a file from an NTFS drive to another drive that has FAT (FAT16. FAT32 and any other type of FAT). Basically, the NTFS file system is capable of storing some properties, that the ones formatted with the FAT file system cannot, thus causing the message to appear.
This pop-up message is actually a good thing because is a warning, and not a problem to be solved. However, if you don’t want to receive this pop-up message anymore in the future, we have a few solutions for you.
How can I fix the error: Copy file without properties?
1. Convert the destination drive to NTFS
- The first thing that you will need to do it will be to connect the FAT drive to your computer.
- Open This PC.
- Back up all files from the FAT drive.
- Now right-click the drive and choose Format from the menu.
- Now set the File System to NTFS or exFAT and click Format.
- After the process is finished, check if the warning message is gone. If the problem is still there, try using different File system setting file formatting.
Need to convert MBR to GPT disk? Here’s how to do it without file loss!
2. You can use a third-party file manager
- Some file managers don’t support this warning message, and if you want to avoid it, just switch to an alternative file manager such as Frigate3.
- Bear in mind that you don’t have to completely switch to a new file manager, you can use it only if this warning message appears.
There you go, two quick workarounds that might help you deal with Are you sure you want to copy this file without its properties message. If you found our solutions helpful, let us know in the comments section below.
- Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device [SOLVED]
- Do you want to turn on Sticky keys? How to get rid of this popup
- How to remove the ‘SLU_Updater.exe’ pop-up message