- Flash was a popular web technology, but over the years it has been replaced.
- We’ll show you how to fix This course cannot be played because Flash is unavailable in your browser.
- We covered Flash extensively in the past, so check out our Adobe Flash Player section.
- Be sure to visit our Browsers Hub for more useful information.
Sometimes you might encounter This course cannot be played because Flash is unavailable in your browser message on certain websites.
The message usually appears if Flash isn’t installed or enabled on your web browser. In today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix that.
How do I fix the Flash is unavailable in your browser error?
- Click the Opera icon in the top left and choose Settings.
- Go to Site Settings.
- Select Flash.
- Now enable Allow sites to run Flash option.
Bear in mind that you’ll need to manually activate Flash on each website similar to the previous section.
Opera is great for all multimedia content due to its low hardware requirements, and with the built-in ad blocker Opera will render your pages faster than ever.
As for multimedia, it’s worth mentioning that the browser has a pop-out video player that can come in handy for multitasking.
The browser allows you to customize your home page with RSS feeds, allowing you to keep track of the latest news.
Free VPN is also available and it comes with unlimited bandwidth. The browser itself uses the Chromium engine, and it even works with Chrome extensions.
If you haven’t, this might be a perfect moment to try Opera out.
Run Flash content from any website without any issues with the help of this fast and ultra-modern web browser.
- Click the Menu button and choose Settings.
- Navigate to the Privacy and Security section and click on Site settings.
- Select Flash.
- Make sure that Allow sites to run Flash option is enabled.
To play Flash content on a website, just do the following:
- Click the lock or info icon in the address bar.
- Choose Site Settings.
- Set Flash to Allow.
- Reload the page.
- Download Flash.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once the application is installed, restart Firefox.
- Visit the website with the Flash content.
- Click the block icon and choose Allow.
For older versions of Edge:
- Click the Menu icon and select Settings.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and make sure that the Use Adobe Flash Player option is enabled.
For newer versions of Edge:
- Click the Menu icon and select the Settings.
- Navigate to Site Settings and enable Flash from there.
Bear in mind that you’ll have to manually enable Flash on each page like in Chrome or Opera.
This course cannot be played because Flash is unavailable in your browser error can be easily fixed by going to the browser settings and enabling Flash from there.
Keep in mind that Flash is going to be discontinued by the end of the year and browsers will drop support for it completely.
FAQ: Learn more about Flash
- How do I enable my Adobe Flash Player on Google Chrome?
To enable Flash on Chrome, go to the Settings, and navigate to Site settings > Flash. Now enable Flash from there.
- Why is Flash not working on Chrome?
If Flash isn’t working in Chrome, it might not be enabled for a specific website or it might not be enabled in Chrome as a whole. You could also try accessing the website from a different browser?
- What happens when Flash Player is no longer supported?
When Flash stops being supported, Adobe won’t develop it anymore, browsers won’t support it, and it will eventually disappear.
- Which browsers still support Flash?
Most modern desktop browsers still support Flash, but that will change in the near future.