If your Cricut will not connect to Design Space, and you are looking for ways to deal with this issue, your search ends here. Design Space is a graphics design software that comes free with Cricut.
This utility is cloud-based and easy-to-use, so you can use it any time you need to, wherever you are. Here are the best fixes for this problem.
What do I do if Cricut will not connect to Design Space?
1. Your internet connection is too slow
The first thing to check when Cricut will not connect to Design Space is the internet speed. To use Cricut with Design Space, your internet download speed must be at least 2 Mbps, and the minimum upload speed is 1 to 2 Mbps.
Run an internet speed test to determine if yours is up to these recommended speeds. If it is not, then the speed may be the problem. To get faster internet speeds, you may want to change your modem or switch to a different ISP altogether.
2. Your computer is not compatible
Minimum requirements for Windows
- At least 4GB of RAM.
- Bluetooth connect or an unused USB port.
- 50MB of free space available.
- The computer must be running Windows 8 or above.
- AMF processor or the Intel Core series processor.
Minimum requirements for Mac
- The system must be running on Mac OS X 10.12 or higher.
- Must spot a processor speed of 1.83 GHz.
- At least 4GB RAM free.
- The hard disk should have 50MB of free space at the minimum.
- A free USB port or be able to connect to Bluetooth.
3. End background processes
- Press the following key combination: CTRL + ALT + DELETE.
- Click on Task Manager.
- Next, navigate to the Processes tab, if you are not already there.
In this window, you will find a list of all the applications and processes currently running, as well as the percentage of CPU, memory, and other resources they are using.
- Click on the Memory tab, so that the little arrow beside the percentage faces downward.
- Next, right-click on the first item on the list and hit End task.
- Do this for the first few applications or processes on the list, retrying Cricut after closing each one.
Be sure not to close a program or process that is in use. When loads of applications are running in the background, Cricut will not connect to Design Space.
4. Other troubleshooting tips
- Clear the cache and history of your web browser.
- Update Windows drivers.
- Scan your computer for malware.
- Defragment the hard disk.
The above tips will boost your computer speed. In turn, the faster system can deal with the Cricut that won’t connect to Design Space.
Do you have a Cricut that will not connect to Design Space? How did you get to fix it? If these guides solved the issue, feel free to tell us about it in the comment section below.