What to do if CyberGhost isn’t working on your PC
CyberGhost is a popular VPN client, but some users reported that CyberGhost is not working on their PC. This can be a problem and leave your online privacy unprotected from third-parties and your ISP. However, there’s a way to deal with this problem.
Using a VPN is important, and speaking of VPNs, many users reported that CyberGhost is not working on their PC. As for VPN issues, here are common CyberGhost problems that users encountered:
- CyberGhost not connecting Windows 10, opening, starting up – These are some common problems that can occur with CyberGhost. If you encounter this issue, be sure that your antivirus or firewall aren’t blocking CyberGhost.
- CyberGhost 6 has stopped working – This problem can occur if your installation is corrupted. To fix the problem, reinstall CyberGhost and check if that helps.
- It is currently not possible to connect to the CyberGhost VPN network – If you’re unable to connect to the VPN network, it’s possible that your firewall is causing the issue. To fix that, be sure that the required ports are open.
- CyberGhost service not reachable Windows 7 – This issue can appear on any version of Windows, and if you encounter it, be sure to try some of our solutions.
Cyberghost not working, how to fix it?
- Switch to Google’s DNS
- Use the Command Prompt
- Make sure that your network connection is working
- Check the system time
- Check your antivirus
- Reinstall CyberGhost
- Make sure that the required ports are open
- Install the latest updates
- Run CyberGhost as an administrator or in Compatibility
Solution 1 – Switch to Google’s DNS
Using a VPN is important if you want to protect your privacy online, but some users reported that CyberGhost is not working on their PC. This can be a problem, but you might be able to fix this issue simply by switching to Google’s DNS.
This is fairly simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Click the network icon on your Taskbar and select your network from the menu.
- In the right pane, click the Change adapter options.
- You should now see the list of available network connections. Right-click your network connection and select Properties from the menu.
- Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) on the list and click the Properties button.
- A new window will appear. Select Use the following DNS server addresses option. Now enter 184.108.40.206 as the Preferred and 220.127.116.11 as the Alternate DNS server. Lastly, click the OK button to save changes.
After doing that you’ll switch to Google’s DNS and the problem should be resolved. Many users reported that this method worked for them, so feel free to try it out.
Solution 2 – Use the Command Prompt
According to users, sometimes CyberGhost is not working due to problems with your network connection. This is a relatively common problem, and in order to fix it, you need to run several commands in the Command Prompt. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Now choose Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the menu.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
- netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
- netsh int tcp show global
After running these commands, check if the problem with CyberGhost is still there.
Solution 3 – Make sure that your network connection is working
If CyberGhost VPN isn’t working on your PC, perhaps the problem is related to your network connection. To fix the problem, be sure to check if other applications, such as your browser, for example, are working properly.
If the network connection works, you can proceed to the next solution.
Solution 4 – Check the system time
Sometimes your system time can cause problems with Cyberghost, especially if your clock isn’t correct. To fix this problem, be sure to check your clock. If the date or time isn’t correct, you need to readjust them by doing the following:
- Right-click the clock icon in the bottom-right corner. Choose Adjust date/time from the menu.
- A new window should now appear. Locate Set time automatically option and turn it off. After a couple of moments, turn this feature back on again.
After doing that, the date and time should be readjusted automatically. If you want to change date and time manually, click the Change button and adjust it. After your date and time are correct, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 5 – Check your antivirus
According to users, sometimes your antivirus can cause this problem to appear. If CyberGhost is not working on your PC, try adding CyberGhost to the list of exceptions in your antivirus. If that doesn’t help, try disabling certain features or disable your antivirus altogether.
In the worst case scenario, you might have to uninstall your antivirus. Several users reported issues with Malwarebytes and CyberGhost, so if you’re using Malwarebytes, be sure to uninstall it and check if that solves the problem. Bear in mind that other antivirus tools can cause this problem, so you might have to remove them as well.
If removing your antivirus solves the problem, we suggest that you switch to a different antivirus solution. Bitdefender offers great protection, and it won’t interfere with your system in any way, so if you’re looking for a reliable antivirus, be sure to try Bitdefender.
Solution 6 – Reinstall CyberGhost
If CyberGhost is not working, the problem might be the installation itself. Sometimes the installation can get corrupted, and in order to fix the problem, you need to reinstall CyberGhost. This is quite simple to do, but the best way to do it is to use an uninstaller software.
In case you don’t know, uninstaller software is a special application that will remove all files and registry entries related to the selected application. As a result, you’ll remove all potential leftover files and prevent them from causing issues in the future.
If you’re looking for a good uninstaller software, we suggest you try Revo Uninstaller. This unistaller will also remve all leftover files thus performing a deep uninstall. Once you remove CyberGhost with uninstaller software, download and install the latest version and check if that solves your problem.
- Get Revo Unistaller Pro version
Solution 7 – Make sure that the required ports are open
In order to use CyberGhost on your PC, you need to ensure that certain ports are open. To do this, be sure to check your firewall settings and enable the following ports:
In addition to the firewall on your PC, perhaps you should check your router’s configuration page and make sure that the aforementioned posts are open there as well.
Solution 8 – Install the latest updates
If you keep having issues with CyberGhost, perhaps the problem is caused by system glitches. Problems on your operating system can occur and interfere with various applications. However, you should be able to fix most of these system glitches simply by updating your system.
Windows 10 already installs the missing updates automatically, but you can always check for updates manually. This is quite simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
- When the Settings app opens, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Now click Check for updates button in the right pane.
If any updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically and installed as soon as you restart your PC. Once the latest updates are installed, check If the problem is still there.
Solution 9 – Run CyberGhost as an administrator or in Compatibility mode
If CyberGhost is not working on your PC, the issue might be the lack of administrative privileges. To fix this issue, users are suggesting running CyberGhost as an administrator. This is actually quite simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Right-click the CyberGhost shortcut.
- From the context menu choose Run as administrator.
If this works, CyberGhost should now start without any problems. Bear in mind that you need to repeat this step every time you want to start CyberGhost. However, you can automate this process and set CyberGhost to always start with administrative privileges.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Right-click CyberGhost shortcut and choose Properties from the menu.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program as an administrator option. Now click Apply and OK to save changes.
After doing that, this shortcut will always start CyberGhost with administrative privileges, so you won’t have to do that manually.
If administrative privileges didn’t fix your problem, perhaps you can try running the application in Compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:
- Right-click CyberGhost shortcut and choose Properties from the menu.
- Head over to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select the desired version of Windows. Now click Apply and OK.
After doing that, try to start the application and check if the problem is still there. Bear in mind that you might have to experiment with different Compatibility modes until you manage to find the one that works for you.
CyberGhost is a great VPN software, but if CyberGhost isn’t working on your PC, feel free to try some of our solutions and check if that solves your problem.
- VPN won’t work with Sky Go? Here’s how to fix this in 4 steps
- FIX: VPN Error 812 in Windows 10
- FIX: Cisco VPN not working on Windows 10
If you find yourself looking at a Server execution failed error inside the Add roles and Features wizard, you must know you are not the […]
Adding data labels is one of the most basic functions in Power BI. As you well know, the visualizing of data is one of the […]