- If Cyberghost is not working, your online privacy and security are at risk.
- Updating your network drivers will quickly fix the CyberGhost not connecting problem.
- You could also switch to another DNS if your Cyberghost won't open.
- Other useful things you could do are reinstalling the app and checking your network settings.
CyberGhost is a popular VPN client, but some users reported that CyberGhost is not working on their PC.
This can be a problem and leave your online privacy unprotected from third-parties and your ISP. However, there’s a way to deal with this problem.
Using a VPN is important, and speaking of VPNs, many users reported that CyberGhost is not working on their PC. As for VPN issues, here are common CyberGhost problems that users encountered:
- CyberGhost not connecting Windows 10, opening, starting up – These are some common problems that can occur with CyberGhost. If you encounter this issue, be sure that your antivirus or firewall aren’t blocking CyberGhost.
- CyberGhost 6 has stopped working – This problem can occur if your installation is corrupted. To fix the problem, reinstall CyberGhost and check if that helps.
- It is currently not possible to connect to the CyberGhost VPN network – If you’re unable to connect to the VPN network, it’s possible that your firewall is causing the issue. To fix that, be sure that the required ports are open.
- CyberGhost service not reachable Windows 7 – This issue can appear on any version of Windows, and if you encounter it, be sure to try some of our solutions.
How do I fix Cyberghost not working?
- Update your network drivers
- Switch to Google’s DNS
- Use the Command Prompt
- Reinstall Cyberghost
- Make sure that your network connection is working
- Check your system time
- Check your antivirus
- Make sure that the required ports are open
- Install the latest updates
- Run CyberGhost as an administrator or in Compatibility
1. Update your network driver
Updating your network driver has never been easier. All you need to do is download a capable third-party app that will automatically update your drivers.
You won’t need to manually search for the latest versions anymore. The program automatically scans your computer’s drivers and updates them for you. The days of installing wrong driver versions are gone.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the app.
- Wait for the software to detect all your faulty drivers.
- You will now be presented with a list of all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Keep your Windows safe from any type of errors caused by corrupted drivers, by installing and using DriverFix today!
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Switch to Google’s DNS
- Click the network icon on your Taskbar and select your network from the menu.
- In the right pane, click the Change adapter options.
- You should now see the list of available network connections.
- Right-click your network connection and select Properties from the menu.
- Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) on the list and click the Properties button.
- A new window will appear. Select Use the following DNS server addresses option. Now enter 18.104.22.168 as the Preferred and 22.214.171.124 as the Alternate DNS server. Lastly, click the OK button to save changes.
Using a VPN is important if you want to protect your privacy online, but some users reported that they get the Cyberghost could not download needed files error on their computers.
This can be a problem, but you might be able to fix this issue simply by switching to Google’s DNS.
After doing that you’ll switch to Google’s DNS and the problem should be resolved. Many users reported that this method worked for them, so feel free to try it out.
3. Use the Command Prompt
- Press Windows Key + X.
- Now choose Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin) from the menu.
- In Command Prompt, type the following commands:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
netsh int tcp show global
According to users, sometimes CyberGhost is not working due to problems with your network connection. This is a relatively common problem, and in order to fix it, you need to run several commands in the Command Prompt.
After running these commands, check if the problem with CyberGhost is still there.
4. Reinstall CyberGhost
If CyberGhost is not working, the problem might be the installation itself. Sometimes the installation can get corrupted, and in order to fix the problem, you need to reinstall CyberGhost.
This is quite simple to do, but the best way to do it is to use uninstaller software.
In case you don’t know, uninstaller software is a special application that will remove all files and registry entries related to the selected application.
As a result, you’ll remove all potential leftover files and prevent them from causing issues in the future. If you’re looking for good uninstaller software, we suggest you try the app uninstaller shown below.
This uninstaller will also remove all leftover files thus performing a deep uninstall. Once you remove CyberGhost with uninstaller software, download and install the latest version and check if it solved.
5. Make sure that your network connection is working
If CyberGhost VPN isn’t working on your PC, perhaps the problem is related to your network connection. To fix the problem, be sure to check if other applications, such as your browser, for example, are working properly.
If the network connection works, then this is not the starting point of the problem, and you should proceed to the next solution below.
6. Check the system time
- Right-click the clock icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Choose Adjust date/time from the menu.
- A new window should now appear. Locate Set time automatically option and turn it off.
- After a couple of moments, turn this feature back on again.
Sometimes your system time can cause problems with Cyberghost, especially if your clock isn’t correct. To fix this problem, be sure to check your clock.
After doing that, the date and time should be readjusted automatically. If you want to change date and time manually, click the Change button and adjust it.
After your date and time are correct, check if the problem is still there.
7. Check your antivirus
According to users, sometimes your antivirus can cause this problem to appear. If CyberGhost is not working on your PC, try adding CyberGhost to the list of exceptions in your antivirus.
If that doesn’t help, try disabling certain features or disable your antivirus altogether. In the worst-case scenario, you might have to uninstall your antivirus.
Several users reported issues with Malwarebytes and CyberGhost, so if you’re using Malwarebytes, be sure to uninstall it and check if that solves the problem.
Bear in mind that other antivirus tools can cause this problem, so you might have to remove them as well.
If removing your antivirus solves the problem, we suggest that you switch to a different antivirus solution.
Bitdefender offers great protection, and it won’t interfere with your system in any way, so if you’re looking for a reliable antivirus, be sure to try Bitdefender.
8. Make sure that the required ports are open
In order to use CyberGhost on your PC, you need to ensure that certain ports are open. To do this, be sure to check your firewall settings and enable the following ports:
Note: In addition to the firewall on your PC, perhaps you should check your router’s configuration page and make sure that the aforementioned posts are open there as well.
9. Install the latest updates
- Open the Settings app.
- You can do that quickly by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
- When the Settings app opens, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Now click Check for updates button in the right pane.
If you keep having issues with CyberGhost, perhaps the problem is caused by system glitches. Problems on your operating system can occur and interfere with various applications.
However, you should be able to fix most of these system glitches simply by updating your system. Windows 10 already installs the missing updates automatically, but you can always check for updates manually.
If any updates are available, they will be downloaded automatically and installed as soon as you restart your PC. Once the latest updates are installed, check If the problem is still there.
10. Run CyberGhost as an administrator or in Compatibility mode
- Right-click the CyberGhost shortcut.
- From the context menu choose Run as administrator.
If CyberGhost is not working on your PC, the issue might be the lack of administrative privileges. To fix this issue, users are suggesting running CyberGhost as an administrator.
If this works, CyberGhost should now start without any problems. Bear in mind that you need to repeat this step every time you want to start CyberGhost.
However, you can automate this process and set CyberGhost to always start with administrative privileges.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Right-click the CyberGhost shortcut and choose Properties from the menu.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program as an administrator option.
- Now click Apply and OK to save changes.
After doing that, this shortcut will always start CyberGhost with administrative privileges, so you won’t have to do that manually.
If administrative privileges didn’t fix your problem, perhaps you can try running the application in Compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:
- Right-click CyberGhost shortcut and choose Properties from the menu.
- Head over to the Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select the desired version of Windows.
- Now click Apply and OK.
After doing that, try to start the application and check if the problem is still there. Bear in mind that you might have to experiment with different Compatibility modes until you manage to find the one that works for you.
CyberGhost is a great VPN software, but if CyberGhost isn’t working on your PC, feel free to try some of our solutions and check if that solves your problem.