Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- In order to successfully disable Adobe Updater, you need to know what settings need to be deactivated, depending on your OS.
- You should first use the built-in task scheduler in order to disable Adobe Updater Startup Utility.
- Finally, in order to disable Adobe Acrobat Update Service on Mac, you'll need to quickly visit the Application Manager.
If you want to disable Updater from your Windows 10 systems, then you’ve come to the right place.
Learn how to stop Adobe Acrobat Update Service, as we explore the best ways to safely stopUpdater without running into further complications. But first, let’s see if it is a good idea to permanently disable Adobe Acrobat Update Service.
Should I disable Adobe Acrobat Update Service?
PC resources than expected.Updater upgrades your applications in the background, and it can make you use more data and
The Updater Startup Utility is simply an executable file and if the automatic updates it installs start causing problems in your system, you can simply turn it off or stop the Adobe Update Service from running.
How can I disable Adobe Acrobat Update Service?
Disable Adobe Acrobat Update Service in Windows 10
1. Disable Adobe Updater from Task Scheduler
- Search for Task Scheduler in Cortana and open it.
- Click the Task Schedule Library on the left.
- Right-click the Adobe Acrobat Update Task.
- Hit Disable From the right-side panel.
- Close the Task Scheduler.
2. Disable Adobe Acrobat Update Service from Windows services menu
- Initialize the run command box by pressing Windows + R and enter Services. Then hit Enter.
- Find the Adobe Acrobat Update Service, right-click on it, and hit Properties.
- Choose Disabled from the Startup type dropdown.
- Click Apply to save the settings and click OK to exit the Window.
3. Disable Adobe Acrobat Update Service from Registry
- Press the Windows key + R to open the run dialog box, type Regedit, and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Adobe ARM\Legacy\Reader(product code)\
- Double-click Mode and then change the Value Data from 3 to 0.
Note: After this process is completed, restart your PC to have the settings take effect.
All the methods described above will work on Windows 10 as well as Windows 11. In addition, there is also the possibility to disable adobe acrobat update service via GPO.
4. Create new registry values
- Uninstall Adobe Reader from your PC.
- Press Windows key + R and enter regedit.
- Navigate to the following path:
- In case the key from above isn’t available, you’ll have to manually create it.
- Right-click the right pane and choose New and then DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Set the name to bProtectedMode.
- Create additional two DWORDs and name them bUpdater and bUpdateToSingleApp.
- Next, go to the following key
- Create a new DWORD and name it bUpdateToSingleApp
- Now install 32-bit version of the software.
5. Reinstall Adobe Reader with special parameters
- Remove Adobe Reader completely from your PC.
- Navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\Cache
- Run the uninstall file if available.
- Next, download the Adobe Reader setup file.
- Press Windows key + S, type cmd and select Run as administrator.
- Now navigate to the directory where the Adobe Reader setup file is located using the cd command. On our PC, we used:
- Be sure to replace the setup.exe with the exact name of the setup file and run this command:
"setup.exe" /msi DISABLE_ARM_SERVICE_INSTALL=1
- Follow the instructions to complete the setup.
How do I turn off Adobe Acrobat Update Service on Mac?
- Open the Application Manager.
- Click the Preferences button at the bottom of the window.
- Uncheck the option Notify me of new updates on the menu bar.
The steps in this post will help you permanently disable Updater both on Windows 10 and Mac OS.
If you have read to this point, then it’s safe to say that you now know how to removeUpdater from your Windows 10 machine.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.