- Adobe Reader is one of the best PDF viewers, but what if you can’t install Adobe Reader at all?
- Fixing this problem is simple, and before we start, be sure to update Adobe Reader to the latest version.
- Another way to fix the problem is to use the Command Prompt to clear the log files.
- If you’re encountering an Adobe Reader installation error, it’s highly advised to run the special troubleshooter.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the PDF software of choice for many. However, a few users have stated that they can’t install Adobe Reader.
When they try to install it, an error message pops up stating:Reader DC did not install successfully.
Alternatively, an Error 1935 or 1402 error message might also pop up for some users.
In this article, we are exploring a few tips for fixing Adobe Reader software that doesn’t install.
How do I fix Adobe Reader install issues?
- Download the software from the distribution page
- Uninstall previous Adobe Reader software
- Open the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Run the Adobe Reader installer as administrator
- Clear the Windows file system transaction log
- Turn off McAfee VirusScan
How can I fix Adobe Reader install does not start?
1. Download the software from the distribution page
Adobe Reader is an excellent choice for users that are looking to convert scanned documents into files that they can edit afterward.
The interface is very intuitive and easy to use and once you opened your document you don’t need to worry about creating new fonts or matching the old ones as the software already does that for you automatically.
If you want to add restrictions for whom can edit the document, this can be easily done from the menu.
The installation of the software should also go smoothly but if you are having any problems simply try downloading the Adobe Reader installer again. You can download the software from Adobe’s official distribution page.
On their page, you will have to pick the current OS system, desired language, and click on the Download Now button.
Adobe Acrobat DCAdobe Acrobat Reader is the best tool for viewing and managing PDF files for both beginners and professionals.
2. Uninstall previous Adobe Reader software
If you decide to remove the previous Adobe Reader Software, it’s recommended that you use a dedicated removal tool. This way you can be sure that the software will be removed completely.
In that matter, we think that IOBit Uninstaller is a great software to use because it will remove any unwanted software from your device, including the bundled programs.
By removing any older Adobe Reader versions, you’ll minimize the chance of Adobe Reader installation error.
Here are some of IObit Uninstaller features:
- Cleans your PC.
- Removes your browser plug-ins and Windows apps.
- Deletes files and folders faster.
3. Open the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
- Download the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter.
- Click the MicrosoftProgram_Install_Uninstall.
- Press the Next button to initiate the troubleshooter.
- Select the Installing option.
- Then select the program you need to install or Not Listed, and click the Next button.
This is a simple solution, but it might help you if the Adobe Reader fails to install on Windows 10.
4. Run the Adobe Reader installer as administrator
You should always install the software as administrator. If your user account is not an admin one, then right-click the Adobe Reader installer and select the Run as administrator option.
That will ensure the installer runs with admin rights. This is a workaround, but it might help you if Adobe Reader not installing on Windows 7 or newer.
5. Clear the Windows file system transaction log
- Right-click the Start menu to open the Win + X menu.
- Select Command Prompt.
fsutil resource setautoreset true C:
- Press the Return button.
6. Turn off McAfee VirusScan
- Right-click the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Click the Start-up tab to open a list of startup programs.
- Select the McAfee VirusScan utility, and press the Disable button.
- Then restart Windows before you install the Adobe PDF software.
Those resolutions can fix numerous Adobe Reader installer issues. Then you can get the latest Adobe PDF software up and running in Windows.
Remember, however, that there are plenty of alternatives to Adobe Reader and this article provides further details for the best PDF software.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a couple of reasons why it might have failed, the most common causes being Creative Cloud related issues and the presence of two versions of the software at the same time. Our guide will help you spot the problem and quickly solve it.
Adobe Reader lets you open PDFs or portable document format files. Those can be any type of document, be it textual or visual.
Adobe Reader is a free product that lets you view PDF files, whereas Acrobat Reader has much more versatility and file manipulation capabilities.