- Discord is a nice app for video game communities that allows users to communicate over voice and text with each other.
- Some users report not being able to extract the installation file for the app, and in this article, we will explore some easy ways to fix this.
- Make sure to also bookmark our System Errors hub and read how you can fix other related errors like a pro.
- In our Web Apps section you will find even more relevant articles and guides, so make sure to check it out.
Most of the times, extracting all sort of files is something that happens in a blink of an eye but there are cases when errors could appear.
This is also the case with the Discord setup, as many users are reporting getting an error when trying to extract the installer on their Windows 10 device.
In this article we will explore some really easy ways to fix this kind of error, so make sure to keep reading.
What can I do to I fix a failed installer?
1. Use WinZip
Using a dedicated tool in order to extract the installer from a file, is usually the easiest and safest way to make sure no error will appear along the way.
WinZip is the perfect tool for this task and it will execute it beautifully without causing problems along the way, as other alike tools may do.
Not only that, but WinZip is also the perfect tool as it supports different archive type files, such as ZIP, ZIPX, RAR, 7Z, GZ, ISO, IMG, TAR GZ, TAR, GZIP, GZ, and many others.
And if you are used to working directly in the cloud, then take note of the fact that WinZip is integrated with Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
Let’s have a look at some of its key features:
- Strong 128-bit and 256-bit AES encryption
- Signature of new and existing PDF
- File splitter feature
- File deletion for duplicate files.
- PDF conversion, and easy sharing features
Extract all your needed files safely and without errors with this versatile software. Get it now!
2. Scan your device for malware
A common reason why the extract of the installation file resulted in an error can be due to the existence of some malware on your device.
This can be easily fixed though, by installing a running a dedicated program that will scan and remove any threats from your PC.
In that matter, we recommend that you use Malwarebytes, as it’s reliable and fairly easy to use tool.
Once you installed the software, make sure to Run as administrator and wait for the program to finish cleaning your device.
Clean your device of unwanted malware that can cause issues with Discord installation file. Get the best deal now!
3. Terminate all Discord processes
- Hit Start button + R to open the Run box
- Type in the Run window, once at a time
- Once you locate the Discord folder, make sure that you delete it
- Restart your system
- Reinstall Discord from the official website
There you have it, these are some of the most reliable and easy ways to help you fix any issues that were stopping the extraction of Discord installation files.
Using WinZip is guaranteed to help you get the job done while scanning your device from malware and ending other unnecessary Discord processes are also useful steps that will fix the eror.
If you have additional suggestions or recommendations, let us know in the comments section below.