- Not being able to get rid of an app is pretty annoying, and many users reported that they can't uninstall Discord.
- To fix this issue, make sure that you adjust your startup settings accordingly.
- You can try to remove the software and all files and registry entries associated with it.
- If you can't uninstall Discord, try using the dedicated removal software.
Discord is one of the best chat apps for the gaming community, however, many users reported that they can’t uninstall it on their PC.
This is a minor problem, and it can be easily fixed. In today’s guide, we’ll show you how to do deal with this issue in a matter of moments.
Just to make it more clear to you, let’s take a look at some reasons why this error occurs.
Why can’t I uninstall Discord?
When you’re not able to uninstall Discord, your app might remain on the computer, at an unknown file location.
If you try to delete Discord again, you’ll probably get a message that says the file is no longer in that location. Therefore, it couldn’t be properly deleted.
If you’re in the same boat, today’s solutions will help you to bypass this problem. Use the steps below and you’ll not have to worry again about this irritating problem.
What can I do if I can’t uninstall Discord?
1. Disable Discord auto-run
- Right-click on the taskbar and choose Task Manager.
- From Task Manager go to the Startup tab.
- Right-click on Discord and select Disable.
2. Use the Windows Settings menu
3. Delete the Discord cache
- Use the following keyboard shortcut: Windows + R, then type %appdata% and click on OK.
- In the AppData Roaming folder, right-click on the Discord folder, then select Delete.
- Open again the Run dialog box, by using the Windows + R keys.
- Now, type %LocalAppData% and hit the Enter key.
- Locate the Discord folder, then right-click on it, and select Delete.
- Restart the computer and check again to see if the folders are created again.
4. Delete Discord from the registry
- Hit the Windows key, type regedit, then open Registry Editor.
- Now, follow this path:
- Right-click on the Discord folder and select Delete.
- Restart the computer.
5. Try a dedicated software
You can use dedicated PC cleaning tools if you still haven’t managed to remove Discord. There is plenty of software for this job.
To simply and efficiently get rid of Discord or any other app, we suggest using the CCleaner software. It is extremely easy to use. Just select Discord from the app listing and click the Uninstall button.
Along with providing an easy and straightforward way to remove your apps by just browsing around a listing of everything installed on your PC, CCleaner can also ensure the app is gone for good.
Packed with cleaning features that can take care of your registry and junk files, CCleaner can run a full PC scan and remove all unnecessary files that may have been left behind after you uninstall Discord.
The Uninstall option is available in the free version of the software which does not have an expiration date, so you can use it for as long as you like.
Amongst the most notable features of CCleaner, we have to mention first and foremost that it’s very simple to use and lightweight.
You will not need the help of any other tool to complete a full uninstallation of Discord or any other stubborn application.
Not only that, but its performant PC scanner will analyze your system and let you know what apps take up space for no reason or whether you have any unnecessary files.
At the press of one button, all clutter will be deleted and you’ll be able to enjoy your PC at full potential.
The premium version of CCleaner includes additional benefits such as an automatic driver updater as well as a software updater.
Can I install back the Discord app?
If you change your mind and want to get the Discord app back into your system, you don’t have to worry! The installation process is extremely simple and takes only a few minutes.
The first thing to do is download Discord from the official site, then follow the on-screen instructions. Also, do not forget that you can use the app’s web version as well.
In case you can’t install Discord back, we strongly recommend checking our dedicated guide.
Also, you should keep in mind that the installation process might get into trouble. One of the most common is the Discord setup error: Failed to extract the installer. To easily fix it, make sure you verify some efficient solutions.
Following the steps presented in this guide, you will succeed to uninstall the Discord app for good.
It is very rare to still have issues after doing everything in this article. If this is the case, it could be a problem with your Windows profile or Windows itself.