Solved: Discord installation failed in Windows 10
Are you having problems while trying to use Discord on your Windows 10 system? If the program isn’t working anymore, or if you just cannot install it on your Windows 10 system, don’t worry as we have the perfect workarounds for you.
The troubleshooting steps from below will help you address the errors that may occur during the Discord installation process, so that in the end you can once more successfully use your favorite online chatting software.
Discord might stop running without any apparent reasons, though usually the problems are related to corrupted files. A Windows 10 update can mess things up or a new program installed on your computer can interfere with internal Discord packages.
Usually, when Discord cannot be used, users decide to reinstall the software. Well, if you try to do that you will most likely notice that the installation process will fail. And that can be fixed by following the next steps.
How to fix Discord install issues in Windows 10
First, uninstall Discord from your device:
- Access Task Manager on your Windows 10 system – press Ctrl+Alt+Del and choose Task Manager.
- Under Processes find any entry that might be related with Discord.
- End these processes and close Task Manager.
- Optional: open Control Panel – right-click on the Windows Start logo and click on Control Panel; in Control Panel switch to Category tab and under Programs click on Uninstall; find Discord and remove the program from your computer.
Remove the file still left on your device:
- Press Win+R keyboard hotkeys.
- The Run box will be displayed.
- Inside Run type %appdata% and press Enter.
- From the path that will open delete the %AppData%/Discord and %LocalAppData%/Discord folders.
- Restart your computer in the end.
- That’s it; you should be able to reinstall Discord on your Windows 10 system without problems now.
If the installation process still doesn’t work, try to manually install Discord: go to the %LocalAppData%/Discord folder and run the Update app as Administrator; next, run the Discord app as Administrator and set Compatibility mode to Windows 8. Hopefully, in the end you can use Discord without experiencing further issues.
If Discord was corrupted by a recent Windows 10 update you can also try to remove the Windows package: press Win+I, click on Update & Security, go to Windows Update, choose Advanced options and select Upate history; from there you can uninstall certain Windows updates.
Those are the troubleshooting steps that can fix the Discord installation engine for Windows 10.
If you have further questions or if you need to fix other similar problems, don’t hesitate and contact us – we will always try to develop the perfect tutorials for your Windows 10 device.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Game install taking forever
- Fix: “The Drive Where Windows is Installed is Locked”
- There were some problems installing updates but we’ll try again later [FIX]
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]