- The troubleshooting steps from below will help you address the errors that may occur during the Discord installation process so that in the end you can once more successfully use your favorite online chatting software.
- Some apps might fail initial installation if you don't have the proper rights. If you too encounter issues with this, you can check this handy article for a solution.
- Installation errors can be easily fixed if you follow the right steps. Check out our complete System Errors hub for more details..
- If you're interested in more fixes like this visit our dedicated Windows 10 errors hub.
The troubleshooting steps from below will help you address the errors that may occur during the Discord installation process so that in the end you can once more successfully use your favorite online chatting software.
Discord might stop running without any apparent reasons, though usually the problems are related to corrupted files. A Windows 10 update can mess things up or a new program installed on your computer can interfere with internal Discord packages.
Usually, when Discord cannot be used, users decide to reinstall the software. Well, if you try to do that you will most likely notice that the installation process will fail. And that can be fixed by following the next steps.
How do I fix Discord install issues in Windows 10?
- Access Task Manager on your Windows 10 system – press Ctrl+Alt+Del and choose Task Manager.
- Under Processes find any entry that might be related to Discord.
- End these processes and close Task Manager.
Optional: open Control Panel – right-click on the Windows Start logo and click on Control Panel; in Control Panel switch to Category tab and under Programs click on Uninstall; find Discord and remove the program from your computer.
If you can’t open Task Manager in Windows 10, don’t worry. We’ve got the right solution for you in this amazing guide.
Remove the file still left on your device:
- Press Win+R keyboard hotkeys to open Run window.
- Type %appdata% and press Enter.
- From the path that will open delete the %AppData%/Discord and %LocalAppData%/Discord folders.
- Restart your computer in the end.
- That’s it; you should be able to reinstall Discord on your Windows 10 system without problems now.
If the installation process still doesn’t work, try to manually install Discord: go to the %LocalAppData%/Discord folder and run the Update app as Administrator; next, run the Discord app as Administrator.
If Discord was corrupted by a recent Windows 10 update you can also try to remove the Windows package: press Win+I, click on Update & Security, go to Windows Update, choose Advanced options and select Update history; from there you can uninstall certain Windows updates.
Those are the troubleshooting steps that can fix the Discord installation engine for Windows 10.
If you have further questions or if you need to fix other similar problems, don’t hesitate and contact us – we will always try to develop the perfect tutorials for your Windows 10 device.
FAQ: Learn more about the Discord installation issues
- Why is my discord not updating?
Sometimes Discord cannot update because it needs administrator privileges to run. To fix this, you have to install the update as an admin.
Open Task Manager and verify that no running processes are Discord-related. If there are any, stop them.
- How do I download discord on my computer?
Type Discord into a search engine and click on the downloads page from Discordapp.com. Or, you can just go to https://discordapp.com/download to start your download process. You will see a page with download links for different computers, choose which is appropriate for you.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2017 and it has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in November 2017 and was revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.