- Many users reported that Disney+ is not downloading on Xbox.
- To solve this issue, you can try creating a new account, checking your Internet services, and more.
- Additionally, you can try using a VPN before downloading the app, that might do the trick.
- All of these solutions can help you if Disney+ doesn't download on Xbox.
Disney Plus had a bumpy launch with logging in errors and overloaded servers, but most of these seem to be a part of the past. Sadly, this doesn’t apply to those trying to get to the amazing Disney Plus content on their Xbox One.
Disney Plus isn’t the only streaming service where you can watch Disney content but it’s the most popular one these days.
If you’re an Xbox One owner impatient to start watching your favorite Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Disney Channel, National Geographic, or Star Wars movies no downloading errors should stop you.
When you are troubled by this issue, here are a couple of troubleshooting tips to help you download the app on your Xbox One in no time.
What can I do if Disney Plus is not downloading on Xbox One?
1. Create a new account
Sometimes issues with your login credentials can cause difficulties downlaoding the app. It can be because of your registered email address, or because of the servers in your area.
As such, create a new Disney+ account using a different email address, while also using a VPN.
Disney+Starting off with a clean slate is usually the go-to solution for any problem.<br>Create a new account, download the app and start enjoying Disney+!
2. Ensure you signed up for the streaming service
First of all, as eager to take a peek at The Mandalorian you might be, note that you need to sign up for this streaming service before downloading it to your console.
There are two plans to choose between: you can either pay $6.99 per month or go for the annual plan that will save you a few bucks.
3. Double-check your download steps
- Once you’re signed up, turn on your Xbox and sign in to your profile.
- Open search by hitting the Y button.
- Type in Disney Plus.
- Then, hitting A will direct you to the Microsoft Store where you can find Disney Plus.
- In the Apps section, select Disney Plus.
- You might need to search it if you don’t see Disney Plus from the start.
- Select Install to add the app to your Xbox One.
- You’ll be notified as soon as the download is finished.
- Open the Disney Plus app by holding the middle button on your Xbox controller.
- Next, log-in using your Disney Plus credentials to get access to access to endless movies and TV series.
- When you find the video you want to watch, just hit A to start playing.
4. Check Internet download speed
Are you still unable to download Disney Plus on your Xbox One? Check your Internet download speed as soon a possible. If it’s slower than 5 Mbps, that could be your issue.
We don’t want to break you the bad news but after a successful download, there’s a catch with playing the videos in 4K resolution. Unlike Amazon Video, you won’t be able to enjoy this feature on Xbox One as only Xbox One X and Xbox One S support Disney’s 4K for now.
What’s also essential in this case is a good connection speed: it needs to be 35Mbps or more to stream Disney Plus.
5. Disconnect and reconnect from the Internet
Disconnecting the Xbox One from the Wi-Fi Internet connection has often helped users in a similar situation to fix the issue. Wait 30 to 60 seconds, and then reconnect.
Sometimes all you need is to refresh your connection and the download will complete or act fast when your Xbox One doesn’t see Wi-Fi at all. Most users don’t know what to do in a situation like this. Don’t be one of them and read this quick guide to learn how to solve the problem in no time.
6. Switch to a different device
As frustrating as it sounds, you might be getting a device compatibility issue like Error 83. This means the Disney Plus app is having an issue with the specific Xbox One you’re using. To clear out any doubts, you should be able to watch Disney Plus on your Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X.
These are the models that support the channel itself, while other models, such as Xbox 360, cannot stream Disney Plus for now. Switching to a smart TV, a PC, or even a different Xbox model should yield a different result.
Follow the steps in this guide and see which one helps you resolve the error. Finally, don’t leave aside the fact that you may watch Disney Plus on other devices at the same time. There’s no need to get involved in a quarrel about your tonight’s movie choice with other family members!
For any other questions and suggestions, reach for the comments area below.