Microsoft recently rolled out Windows 10 KB4051963, adding a series of improvements and bug fixes to the Fall Creators Update OS.
The update addresses a script-related bug that may cause Internet Explorer to stop working.
KB4051963 also fixes the issue where apps may stop responding for users who rely on Internet or web proxies that use PAC script configurations.
So, if you encountered various issues where Outlook cannot connect to Office365 or Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge cannot successfully render content (local computer content and web content included), simply install this update on your computer to fix them.
If you’re a gamer, and particularly a fan of Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3, install KB4051963 to fix the issue that prevents these two games from running on certain high-end gaming laptop configurations.
Speaking of Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3, check out the troubleshooting guides below to learn how to fix common bugs affected the games:
- Forza Motorsport 7 crashes: Here’s how to fix it
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update fixes Forza Motorsport 7 stuttering issues
- Fix: Forza Horizon 3 fails to recognize Logitech G27 racing wheel
- Fix: Forza Horizon 3 crashes when paused on Xbox One
Windows 10 KB4051963 changelog
Other important fixes and improvements include:
- Addressed a performance regression when users run full-screen Microsoft DirectX 9 games and applications.
- Fixed the issue where user selections for Feedback Frequency in Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics aren’t saved.
- Addressed the issue where RNDIS5 networking devices don’t get a valid IP address or don’t show network connectivity.
- If a user manually changes the system’s time zone and doesn’t log off or restart, the new time should now display correctly on the Lockscreen clock.
- Addressed the issue that prevented some Epson and TM (POS) printers to print on x86 and x64-based systems.
For more information about the full changelog, go to Microsoft’s support page.
You can download and install KB4051963 automatically through Windows Update. You can also get the standalone package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Windows 10 KB4051963 issues
The update also comes with a minor bug. Namely, after installing it, Internet Explorer 11 users who use SQL Server Reporting Services may not be able to scroll through a drop-down menu using the scroll bar. Microsoft is working on fixing this problem.
Have you come across other issues after installing this update?
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.