Some users utilize Outlook’s calendar to schedule event reminders. Outlook has a reminder sound that alerts users to scheduled events on their calendars. You can customize Outlook’s default reminder sound by changing it to one downloaded from the web.
How can I download and configure Outlook’s reminder sounds?
1. Download Outlook reminder sounds
First, you’ll need to download a new Outlook reminder sound. You can get Outlook reminder sounds from numerous alert sound effect website depositories. Check out the Free Sound Clips website that includes an Alert Sounds page.
There you can download numerous reminder alert sounds for Outlook in the WAV file format.
To download a sound file at Free Sound Clips, click the link for it in the Sound Effects column. Then you can select to download either a WAV or MP3 file. Download the WAV file.
Sounds4email is another website that includes a repository of sound effects. Those are sound effects designed primarily for email notifications, but you can still utilize some of them for reminder sounds.
Click a sound on the Sounds4email site to open a preview clip window for it, from which you can select to download its ZIP file.
After downloading the reminder sound, you’ll need to extract the ZIP file for the audio clip. To do that, click the sound effect’s ZIP file in File Explorer. Click the Extract all button. Then press the Extract button.
2. Change the reminder sound in Outlook
- Then you’ll need to change Outlook’s reminder sound to the downloaded one. Select the File tab in Outlook.
- Click Options on the left of Outlook’s window.
- Click the Advanced tab on the Outlook Options window.
- Select the Player reminder sound option if it’s now already selected.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select the WAV reminder sound you downloaded.
- Click the Open button.
- Press the OK button on the Outlook Options window.
When a reminder alert pops up, it will then include the sound effect you selected for it. That sound effect can be any short audio clip downloaded from the web (in WAV format).
However, you can also download sound effects with other file formats and convert them to WAV format. If you want to do that, first check out this handy list with the best audio converters that you can download right now.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Download Outlook calendars, signatures and change sound sets
- How to download Outlook Assistant
- How to download Outlook contacts and the Distribution List