- Microsoft Teams is used by millions around the world and it's well-known as one of the best collaboration software around.
- In many instances, Teams is also integrated with other useful software like business tools and email clients. That's the case with another people's favourite, Outlook.
- Downloading Teams add-in for Outlook can be done directly in Microsoft Outlook.
- For more useful articles that can help you improve your daily workflow, check out our Microsoft Teams hub or the Outlook hub.
Microsoft Teams is a great tool if you want to collaborate with your coworkers online. And what better time to do that than now, when COVID-19 is stranding us to our home desks?
Now, if you have installed Microsoft Teams and either Office 2010, Office 2013, or Office 2016, the Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook should be already installed in your Outlook.
You will see the Microsoft Teams Meeting add-in on the Outlook Calendar ribbon. If you don’t find it, follow the easy steps below.
How can I download Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook?
- In Outlook, click on the Home button, then click on the Add-ins button.
- This will open another window featuring all add-ins that you can install. Click on All, then write Microsoft Teams in the Search field.
- To make sure you installed it, go to File, then Manage Add-ins or Manage Apps and you will find it in the list.
Make sure you have Office 2013 or Office 2016 and Exchange 2013 or Exchange 2016, otherwise you won’t be able to install any add-ins.
You can’t see the Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook?
If you can’t install Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook here’s a few easy steps of how you can fix that:
- Make sure that you have Administrator permissions on the computer you are trying to install Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook.
- Use Outlook as a normal user, not as an Administrator.
- There might be a problem with the Microsoft Teams desktop client so the first step would be to close it and open it again.
- Sign out of the Microsoft Teams desktop client and sign in again.
- Are you sure that your Outlook is up to date? Make sure you install all the updates for the Outlook desktop client.
- Restart the Outlook desktop client.
- Please check the Outlook user account name for any spaces. Microsoft says that it’s a known issue and that it will be fixed soon.
- Are you sure that you have Office 2016 or Office 2016 installed? If you’re not sure, here’s how you can check: open any office application like Word or Excel, then click on File, then Account. You will see the product information on the right and see if you qualify to install add-ins.
How do you add a meeting to a Microsoft Team?
You might want to use FindTime add-in for Outlook because it will help you a lot with the Teams. If you have a big meeting (more than 3 or 4 people), FindTime helps you with reaching an agreement on finding the perfect moment of the meeting.
After you agree on a time, FindTime automatically sends the meeting invite to all participants. After you select an Online meeting option in FindTime, the add-in with schedule a meeting either on Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams, whichever is set as default as an online meeting tool.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop them in the comments section below.