- If you download the Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook, you will benefit from excellent integration between the apps.
- The Teams outlook plugin will help you create meetings straight from Outlook.
- In the first part of our guide, you will learn how to download and add the Microsoft Teams plugin for Outlook.
- Can't you see the Teams Outlook add-in in the options? The issue is often related to the actual Administrator permissions.
Microsoft Teams is a great tool if you want to collaborate with your coworkers online. And what better time to do that than now, when COVID-19 is stranding us to our home desks?
Now, if you have installed Microsoft Teams and either Office 2010, Office 2013, or Office 2016, the Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook should be already installed in your Outlook.
You will see the Microsoft Teams Meeting add-in on the Outlook Calendar ribbon. If you don’t find it, follow the easy steps below.
As we mentioned above, you can only insert the add-in if you have Office 2010, Office 2013, or Office 2016. But everything will be better if you get the latest Microsoft Office 365.
This software suite from Microsoft not only includes Microsoft Teams and Outlook, but you will also get all the newest integrations between the tools for great office work and collaboration.
Microsoft Office 365With Office 365 you will get all the software collaboration integrations, including the Teams add-in for Outlook.
How can I download Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook?
1. Insert the add-in in Outlook
- In Outlook, click on the Home button, then click on the Add-ins button.
- This will open another window featuring all add-ins that you can install. Click on All, then write Microsoft Teams in the Search field.
- To make sure you installed it, go to File, then Manage Add-ins or Manage Apps and you will find it in the list.
Make sure you have Office 2013 or Office 2016 and Exchange 2013 or Exchange 2016, otherwise you won’t be able to install any add-ins.
2. What can I do if I can’t see the Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook?
- Make sure that you have Administrator permissions on the computer you are trying to install the Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook.
- Use Outlook as a normal user, not as an Administrator.
- There might be a problem with the Microsoft Teams desktop client so the first step would be to close it and open it again.
- Sign out of the Microsoft Teams desktop client and sign in again.
- Make sure you install all the updates for the Outlook desktop client.
- Restart the Outlook desktop client.
- Please check the Outlook user account name for any spaces.
- Check if you have Office 2013 or Office 2016 installed. Open any Office application like Word or Excel, then click on File and select Account. You will see the product information on the right and see if you qualify to install add-ins.
There are a few reasons why you can’t see the Microsoft teams add-in for Outlook so you will have to go through the above steps to figure that out.
3. How can I add a meeting to a Microsoft Team?
You might want to use FindTime add-in for Outlook because it will help you a lot with the Teams.
If you have a big meeting (more than 3 or 4 people), FindTime helps you with reaching an agreement on finding the perfect moment of the meeting.
After you agree on a time, FindTime automatically sends the meeting invite to all participants.
After you select an Online meeting option in FindTime, the add-in with schedule a meeting either on Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams, whichever is set as default as an online meeting tool.
We hope that our guide was comprehensive enough to help you boost your productivity and use the new Microsoft Office integrations.
Lately, there have been users complaining about the fact that they can’t download files in Teams. If you’re one of them, check our comprehensive guide to fix this problem.
If you can’t search in all emails from Outlook, use this expert guide to solve that problem for good.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to drop them in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can easily do that by using the add-ins option in Outlook. If you can’t find it, here’s our complete guide on how to install the Microsoft Teams add-in for Outlook.
Yes, you can install a Teams add-in for Outlook. There’s also a Skype integration in Outlook. Here’s how to fix the problem with the Skype Outlook integration error.
You will have to get to the Manage add-ins option from Outlook to enable a certain add-in like Asana for instance. Here’s what to do if the Asana Outlook add-in is not working.