- Google Chrome is currently the most popular browser in the world with millions of users around the world.
- However, Chrome errors can sometimes appear, and speaking of errors, today we’re going to show you how to deal with Downloading proxy script error.
- To fix this problem, you just need to adjust your proxy settings in the Local Area Network settings window.
- Are you having more issues with Chrome? If so, be sure to check our Chrome hub, for more useful guides.
If you are having trouble opening webpages on Google Chrome, you may want to look at the bottom left side of the browser for the words downloading proxy script.
If you are having this type of problem, then the information in this article will help you out.
Sometimes you temporarily fix the sluggishness of Chrome by existing the browser and starting again, but a problem like this that happens frequently is certainly frustrating.
Therefore, you may want to try this quick fix to make your Chrome browser faster and less annoying.
How can I fix Downloading proxy script error in Google Chrome?
Change automatically detect settings
- Go to the menu, which is located on the top right side of the Chrome browser.
- Once you have entered the settings page you will probably need to scroll down to find the Advance option. When you find this option, which will be located on the bottom of the page, click on it.
- You will need to scroll down a bit more to find a option called Open Proxy Settings. This option is found under the system category. Locate this option and click on it.
- This option will open up your internet properties. Make sure you are in the connections tab and locate Lan settings. Click on Lan settings.
- Once you open your Local Area Network Settings, uncheck the box next to the works Automatically detect settings.
- Press OK.
After you finished these simple steps, the problem with downloading proxy script should be solved.
Your browsing speed should increase and you will most likely not be stuck on any loading screens anymore. Remember to restart your Chrome browser in order for the settings you have changed to take effect.
There you go, a simple and easy way to fix Downloading proxy script error in Google Chrome.
FAQ: Learn more about Google Chrome
- Why is Chrome downloading a proxy script?
If you’re getting Downloading a proxy script message in Chrome, it’s because your Chrome is configured to use a proxy, but it can’t find the proxy script.
- How do I get rid of download proxy script?
To get rid of Download proxy script in Chrome, go to Internet Properties > LAN Settings and enable Automatically detect settings option.
- How do I disable proxy script?
To disable a proxy script, go to Settings App > Network & Internet > Proxy and disable Use setup script option. You can also disable this option in the LAN Settings window.
- What is proxy in networking?
Proxy is a server that acts as a gateway between the local network and the Internet, thus providing additional security and privacy.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2017 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.