Downloading proxy script on Google Chrome
If you are having trouble opening webpages on Google Chrome, you may want to look at the bottom left side of the browser for the words ‘downloading proxy script‘. If you are having this type of problem, then the information in this article will help you out.
Sometimes you temporarily fix the sluggishness of Chrome by existing the browser and starting again, but a problem like this that happens frequently is certainly frustrating. Therefore, you may want to try this quick fix to make your Chrome browser faster and less annoying.
Change automatically detect settings
The root of this problem comes from your PC settings. Your PC is probably configured to automatically access webpages on Chrome through a proxy. Hence, the message ‘downloading proxy script’ on the bottom of your browser. Since, your PC has to go through a middleman (proxy), opening pages can sometimes be a sluggish process. Therefore you will need to access your settings on your Chrome browser in order to speed up the loading process. Here’s how you do that:
- Go to the menu, which is located on the top right side of the Chrome browser.
- Once you have entered the settings page you will probably need to scroll down to find the ‘Advance’ option. When you find this option, which will be located on the bottom of the page, click on it.
- You will need to scroll down a bit more to find a option called ‘Open Proxy Settings’. This option is found under the system category. Locate this option and click on it.
- This option will open up your internet properties. Make sure you are in the connections tab and locate Lan settings. Click on Lan settings.
- Once you open your Local Area Network Settings, uncheck the box next to the works ‘Automatically detect settings’.
- Press OK.
After you finished these simple steps, the problem with ‘downloading proxy script’ should be solved. Your browsing speed should increase and you will most likely not be stuck on any loading screens anymore. Remember to restart your Chrome browser in order for the settings you have changed to take effect.
- “Google Chrome is unresponsive, relaunch now” [Fix]
- Google Chrome’s full screen option doesn’t fill the screen [FIX]
- Fix: Chrome new tabs keep opening
USB flash drives (pen drives, flash sticks) almost completely moved disks out of the picture. They are fast, you can write anything you want whenever […]
Using speech instead of typing has more than one advantage. Lots of users strongly prefer dictation and, even though it’s still unbrushed feature, it’s getting […]