- With so many digital art to choose from, and picking the best drawing isn’t entirely straightforward.
- Adobe has some of the best drawing apps for , Surface Book 2, and Surface Go tablets.
- Corel’s foremost digital art apps are also among the best drawing for the Surface devices
- So, if you own a Surface device and need some good drawing software, browse our entries below.
The Surface Pro, Surface Book 2, and Surface Go are 2-in-1 tablet devices you can utilize with stylus pens. Many users utilize their Surface tablet devices for drawing and digital art.
Users can draw more naturally with the stylus Surface Pens than with laptop mouse controls.
So, many digital artists love Microsoft Surface devices. However, it’s the great digital art toolkits included within the Surface tablets’ best drawing software that really enable artists to unleash their creativity.
These are some of the best drawing software for Microsoft Surface devices.
What are the best drawing apps I can utilize on Surface devices?
The world’s favorite image editor is also top-notch graphics & design software for painting and drawing.
Adobe Photoshop users can draw with its flexible Pen Tool, shape options, pencil and pen brushes, or the Freeform Pen utility. So, Photoshop offers almost limitless creative scope.
Adobe Photoshop includes more than 1,000 paint, pencil, pen, and marker brushes among others. Its users can create new pencil and pen brushes for illustrations via Photoshop’s Brush Settings panel.
There are also many custom brush packs available for download at numerous websites.
Adobe Photoshop also incorporates five pen tools for drawing. Uses can draw naturally with the Freeform Pen Tool.
Its standard Pen utility enables users to draw lines and curves more precisely with anchor point paths. With those tools, users can manipulate path outlines in many ways to modify vector shapes.
Other useful Adobe Photoshop features
- Photoshop’s Layer palette enables users to draw in layers
- Includes 3D tools for animating three-dimensional models
- Enables users to draw and paint symmetrically with symmetric options
- Users can turn pictures into animations with Photoshop’s video layers
You can’t have a list of best drawing software without including Adobe Photoshop. Try it yourself today!
Adobe Illustrator is the industry-standard application for vector artwork. This software is perfect for users who need to lay down designs with more technical drawings generated from mathematical formulas.
With Illustrator, you can draw designs for logos, product packaging, billboards, icons, and much more.
Illustrator includes about 20 drawing tools for users. Its anchor point Pen tool is similar to Photoshop’s one. Uses can draw more like they would on paper with Illustrator’s Pencil utility.
There are numerous tools included for drawing various types of shapes with unique effects.
Graphics designers will also greatly appreciate Illustrator’s Perspective Grid feature. That feature enables users to select three perspective grid presets. Those grid presets can greatly assist designers draw objects in perspective.
Other useful Adobe Illustrator features
- Enables users to generate large-scale art on a 100x canvas
- Includes a pixel grid for aligning objects
- Users can select a Scribble effect on Illustrator’s Stylize menu
- Illustrator’s Adobe Color Themes panel provides appealing color combinations
While Photoshop is the best raster-based image editor, Illustrator is the best vector-based one. Try it now and see why!
Corel Painter is a complete digital arts studio for painting and drawing. Don’t be fooled by Painter’s title, as this software has an advanced toolkit for drawing as well as painting. It boasts brush, color, and compositional tools few other digital art software can match.
Painter’s library of more than 900 brushes includes more than enough pens, pencils, liquid ink, and markers for illustrators to draw with. Users can also customize selected brushes to set up their own variants.
There are also handy compositional tools included in Corel Painter. Users can divide canvases with layout grids. Painter’s mirror and kaleidoscope tools enable users to draw and paint symmetric patterns. With Painter’s Divine Proportion tool, users can also establish focal areas in their pictures.
The most unique Corel Painter feature, however, is its Brush Accelerator. The Brush Accelerator is a performance optimizer that chooses optimal settings for your PC’s hardware.
That feature enhances Painter’s drawing and painting responsiveness by reducing brush lag.
Other useful Corel Painter 2021 features
- Enables users to design mosaics from scratch or sources
- Includes a Harmonies panel that displays effective color combinations
- Corel Paint users can apply 12 AI styles to images
- Users can select different paper textures for canvases
Corel Painter 2021
If you want to use your surface tablet to draw wonderful art, software like Corel Painter can really make things easier.
The Clip Studio Paint software has had many rave user reviews. Users love CSP’s natural brush behavior, customizable brushes, amd animation features.
This software is especially good for manga and comic drawing, but it’s suitable for a wide range of digital art.
Clip Studio Assets provides users with thousands of brush presets and other drawing materials. Users can directly download and import pencil and pen brush presets from the CSA community into their software.
Or they can set up custom brushes with Clip Studio Paint’s customization settings.
Clip Studio Paint also includes dedicated tools for comic creation. It incorporates numerous manga tools for adding speech balloons, effect lines, backgrounds, and frame borders to comic drawings.
The 3D manga-style figures CSP users can import to canvases are also handy reference materials for comic art.
Users can also bring their pictures to life with Clip Studio’s Paint animation tools. CSP includes a timeline users can add keyframes and camera movement to. This software also enables you to add audio tracks to speech for animations.
Other useful Clip Studio Paint features
- Users can adjust tablet pen pressure via CSP’s Adjust pen pressure window
- Enables users to draw with vector layers
- Include AI-created coloring support
- It supports the Kindle and EPUB e-book formats for digital books
- CSP provides 3D previews for page layouts
Clip Studio Paint
If you want to have the power to create beautiful digital art in the palm of your hands, then you’ll need Clip Studio Paint
Autodesk Sketchbook is digital art software that’s choc-a-bloc with digital art tools. This software is fully optimized for natural drawing with stylus pens and touch input.
Sketchbook is undoubtedly among the very best freely available digital art software for mobile devices.
Sketchbook incorporates more than 190 brushes for drawing and painting that users can configure. Its design pencil set is ideal for drawing.
The Sketchbook Extras feature also provides users with direct access to a wide variety of brushes set up by industry artists.
Sketchbook includes plenty of tools for technical drawings. Its users can utilize both straight and curved ruler tools. Sketchbook’s three-point mode perspective guide tools are invaluable for drawing images with vanishing points.
The desktop Sketchbook also includes a Fisheye utility for panoramic images.
Other useful Autodesk Sketchbook features
- Sketchbook’s symmetry toolbar includes tools for symmetrical images
- Users can draw on layers with Sketchbook’s Layer Editor feature
- Incorporates a streamlined incognito UI designed
- The Copic Color Library enables Sketchbook users to select complementary colors
Autodesk Sketchbook features
Every masterpiece once started out as a sketch. Let your art start flowing with Autodesk Sketchbook!
Those are some of the best drawing packages for Surface devices to take your pick from. Those digital art applications are optimized for drawing with Surface tables and include advanced creative tools few other software can match.