- There are many cloud services available, but one of the most popular ones is definitely Dropbox.
- Not being able to access your account can be a problem, but what can you do if your Dropbox account is disabled?
- Are you having additional problems with Dropbox? If so, be sure to visit our Dropbox errors section for more in-depth guides.
- There are numerous services online, and we covered all sorts of issues in our Web apps Hub, so we encourage you to check it out.
Dropbox is one of the best cloud storage services on the market, but some users reported issues with it. According to them, it seems that their account was disabled for some reason.
This can be a big problem, especially if you use Dropbox for storing important documents and files, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how you can fix this issue.
What do I do if my Dropbox account is disabled?
1. Why would my Dropbox account be disabled?
Your account can get disabled for two reasons, inactivity, and violation of Terms of Service.
If your account is inactive for 12 months, it will become disabled. After an additional 90 days, files from your Dropbox will be deleted.
In order to prevent this from happening, you need to have some activity on your account once in 12 months, such as uploading, downloading, or editing files or folders.
As for Terms of Service violations, this can happen if you upload copyrighted content or any other type of content that violates the Terms of Service.
2. Contact Dropbox support
If your account is disabled, there’s not much you can do on your own. The first thing you should do is to try and log in to your account, but if that’s impossible, you should contact Dropbox support.
Keep in mind that you might not be able to recover your files since they will get deleted due to inactivity or Terms of Service violations.
Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do from your side if your Dropbox account is disabled, so it would be best to contact Dropbox support as soon as possible. If you found this guide useful, let us know in the comments section below.
FAQ: Learn more about Dropbox
- Why is Dropbox not working?
There are many reasons why Dropbox isn’t working, but the most common are your antivirus or firewall. In some instances, there might be an issue with Dropbox servers.
- Will Dropbox delete my files?
Dropbox only deletes your files if you violate Terms of Service or if your account is inactive for more than a year.
- Is Dropbox safe for sensitive documents?
Yes, Dropbox is safe for sensitive documents, but for an extra layer of protection, it might be a good idea to lock your files with a password.
- Are Dropbox files stored on my computer?
Yes, Dropbox files are stored on both the cloud and your computer, unless you change your syncing settings.