- When encountering this error, Windows will not be able to load that specific integrated device, in turn causing issues.
- This troubleshooting guide tells you how users can fix driver issues, such as error code 31 and 39, for the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager.
- The Troubleshooting Section includes a wide variety of Windows fix articles for you to browse through.
- You can also check out out other driver troubleshooting articles at our Drivers hub.
The Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework (otherwise DPTF) device is an integrated solution for thermal and power management in PCs with Intel architecture.
That integrated device can reduce system overheating on Windows 10 desktops and laptops.
Some users have posted in support forums about a Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework driver issue with error code 31. When that issue arises, the device status for DPTF displays this error message:
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing.
Consequently, the Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework doesn’t work when that driver issue arises. If your PC’s Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager have a driver problem like that, check out these potential resolutions for it.
How do I fix Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework driver?
1. Use a dedicated driver updater
First, try fixing the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager driver issue with a dedicated updater tool.
The solution recommended below will automatically update drivers for devices with outdated, corrupted, or missing drivers.
Drivers are essential for your PC and all the programs that you use daily. If you want to avoid crashes, freezes, bugs, lag or any other problems, you will need to keep them updated.Constantly checking for driver updates is time consuming. Fortunately, you can use an automated solution that will safely check for new updates and apply them with ease, and that’s why we strongly recommend DriverFix.Follow these easy steps to safely update your drivers:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Update your PC’s BIOS
To update your PC’s BIOS, you’ll need to open your PC manufacturer’s driver downloads page in a browser. For example, users with ASUS PCs will need to open the driver download section on the ASUS website.
Then you’ll need to enter your laptop’s or desktop’s model and platform details on the manufacturer’s website to open a specific driver download page for it.
You can find all the exact details required on Windows 10’s System Information window.
Thereafter, find the BIOS file for your desktop or laptop on the manufacturer’s website.
Click Download for your PC’s BIOS file. Then extract and open the downloaded BIOS update file. Follow the setup instructions provided by the BIOS update tool.
Note: Incorrectly updating the BIOS can have adverse system effects. Our BIOS update guide provides further details for updating the BIOS. It’s also recommended to check BIOS update guidelines on your PC manufacturer’s website.
3. Restore Windows 10 to an earlier date
- Press the Windows key + R hotkey to start Run.
- Type rstrui in the Open box and click OK to launch the System Restore utility.
- Click the Choose a different restore point radio button.
- Click Next to proceed.
- Select a restore point will undo recent Device Manager changes that could have feasibly generated a Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework driver issue.
- To check what software gets removed for a system restore point, click the Scan for affected programs button.
- Click Next to continue.
- Press the Finish button to roll Windows 10 back to the selected restore point.
The above resolutions might fix the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager driver issue (code 31) for some users.
As a last resort, resetting Windows 10 or even reinstalling the platform, with a clean install method, might also resolve the issue.