- Some people can't play Elden Ring due to either white screen errors or outdated hardware.
- What can these two issues have in common, you might ask, and the answer is DirectX 12.
- We are now going to show you how to run Elden Ring with DirectX 11 on your Windows PC.
- Carefully follow our step by step guide and get the results you want in just a few minutes
Even though for some it might seem like forever, it’s only been a little over a week since the launch of Elden Ring on PC and consoles.
And, as everyone expected, Elden Ring is far from being the bug-free experience everyone was expecting it to be in the beginning.
However, since so many people are still playing it, it seems that it’s still worth it, even though the game sometimes won’t download or install, won’t work with a controller on PCs, or is unplayable due to EAC errors.
That being said, if you are dealing with a white screen crashing problem do not worry, as we have got a fix for this error, one of the quickest ways to solve it is with the help of DriverFix which will get your drivers updated to the latest version, outdated drivers being one of the most common causes of white screen errors.
A true gamer needs the best browser
Complete your gaming setup with Opera GX. It's a customizable browser designed for gamers, with a futuristic design and a game-focused interface. It includes optimization features for resource consumption: CPU, RAM and bandwidth limiters.
The browser has integrations with Twitch, Discord, and other messengers, plus a gaming newsfeed with a new releases calendar, tournaments info and other gaming events. Moreover, to keep your sight focused on gaming elements, Opera GX includes an easy to enable dark theme.
Play games lag-free, chat with your peers and keep up with all new releases!
What can I do to run Elden Ring using Directx 11?
Indeed, there are Elden Ring users that aren’t able to play the game with their old graphics cards that don’t even support DirectX 12 Feature Levels.
So what can you do in this situation? Run the game on DirectX 11. However, doing so requires you to perform some tweaks, as we’re about to show you right now.
So, without any further ado, let’s use the next couple of minutes to fix this annoying Elden Ring error and get you back in the saddle, as there still are people in need of your help, champion.
- Open My Computer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32.
- Copy D3D12.dll and D3D12Core.dll files.
- Paste D3D12.dll and D3D12Core.dll files in the Elden Ring installation folder.
- Rename the D3D12.dll file to D3D12_original.dll.
- Download 01_release_binaries_debug.zip from GitHub.
- Extract files from 01_release_binaries_debug.zip.
- Copy files to Elden Ring installation folder.
- Start the game by double-clicking the EldenRing.exe file from the installation folder.
So, if you have a graphics card that doesn’t support Directx 12, or you are dealing with white screen crashes, this is the solution for you.
Since Elden Ring came out, players also reported the game not using the GPU, not showing keyboard controls, not being present in GeForce Experience, and getting stuck in a continuous restart loop on Steam.
Everyone is hoping for immediate action from Bandai Namco and From Software, but as we all know, solving these issues sometimes takes time.
Was this guide helpful to you? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.