QR (Quick Response) codes are a type of barcode data that users can scan with mobile devices to open website pages or connect with emails, phone numbers, and more besides. QR codes are widely utilized in Japan, and they’re becoming more prevalent in the West.
Google is now experimenting with a QR code generator for Chrome. Users have discovered a new QR code flag setting in Google’s browser. This feature is still under development, but when finished, it will enable Chrome users to share webpage links with QR codes.
How can I enable Chrome’s QR code generator?
1. Enable the sharing page via QR code setting
- If you don’t already have Chrome, click the Download Chrome button on this download page. Install it with its setup wizard.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Enter ‘chrome://flags/#sharing-qr-code-generator’ in the browser’s URL bar, and press the Return key.
- Then select Enabled on the drop-down menu for the Enable sharing page via QR Code setting.
- Click the Relaunch button to restart the browser.
- Right-click a webpage and select the Generate QR code for this page option to open the Scan QR code box shown directly below. The QR code generator seemingly doesn’t work at the moment (it’s still in development), but hopefully, Google developers will get it fixed soon.
2. Add the QR Code Extension to Google Chrome
- Click Add to Chrome on the QR Code Extension page.
- Open a webpage to get a QR code for.
- Click the QR Code Extension button shown directly below.
- You can scan the code displayed with a mobile device.
- Alternatively, click the Edit the QR Code button to open the page below.
- Click the Save option, and select a file format for the image.
- Enter a title for the image file.
- Press the Save button. Thereafter, open the QR image to print it.
- Click the Scan a QR code button on the extension to utilize a laptop or desktop webcam as a QR scanner. Then you can scan printed QR codes with a webcam.
The QR Code Extension is just one of the numerous QR add-ons for that browser. Alternatively, you can enter website URLs into QR generator web apps, such as QR Code Generator.
With those extensions and apps, you can get QR codes for text, web URLs, MP3s, emails, image galleries, PDFs, and more besides.
For any other questions or suggestions, reach for the comments section below.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to use QR codes shown by Windows 10’s BSODs
- 7 best software to create QR code on PC [Fresh List]
- We answer: What is QR code and how to use it?