- The Manufacturer’s official website is the safest and most secure place to download the Epson Software Updater.
- In this article, we will show you how to navigate through downloading and installing the Epson Software Updater.
Some of our readers have requested to know how to download and install the Epson Software Updater if there’s a need to fix driver problems for its products. In this article, we will explore what steps to take to enable you to download and install the Epson Software Updater on your PC.
What does Epson Software Updater do?
The Epson Software Updater, as its name implies, is a tool that allows users to update Epson software and drivers.
The tool was formerly known as Download Navigator. It analyzes the Epson software, such as drivers, utilities, firmware, etc., which are already installed on your computer, and notifies users whenever new updates are available for download.
Whenever you launch the tool, if any new update is available for already installed software, these will be listed in the window. This new software or updates will be divided into two groups:
- The first is for Essential Product Updates that will be recommended to improve the performance of your Epson product.
- In contrast, the second is tagged Other Useful Software, which will contain additional functionality.
How do I download and install the Epson Software Updater?
1. Download the application
- Visit the Epson official support website, locate the Download button and click on it.
- This immediately brings up the .exe file and requests you grant permission to download.
- Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys. By default, the file should be in the Downloads folder.
- Launch the .exe file and click Agree on the License Agreement page, then click OK.
- After the installation, click on your Epson product and wait for drivers suggestions, then click Install.
Logically, before installing the updater for your device, you need to download it and then follow the on-screen installation wizard. It will install the software updater for you automatically.
How do I stop my Epson Software Updater?
If you are using Windows 11, you can easily disable Updater by launching the app from your desktop. Follow the steps below in this regard:
- Left-click on the Start button on your desktop, type Epson Software Updater in the Windows search bar, and hit Enter.
- Select your printer model from the drop-down menu and click on Auto Update Settings.
- Under the Interval to Check menu, select Never.
- Then, save your settings and exit by clicking the OK button.
These are the steps to download and use this tool. Ensure to follow them strictly to avoid installation issues.
Epson’s products can be complicated to install. Hence, you can check our guide on how to install the Epson scanner driver for Windows 10.
If you have further questions and suggestions, kindly leave them in the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.