This is how you can fix ERR SPDY PROTOCOL ERROR
While browsing the Internet sometimes you can encounter certain errors. Windows 10 users reported Err_spdy_protocol_error message in their web browser, and today we’re going to show you how to fix this error.
Steps to fix err spdy protocol error on PC
Solution 1 – Flush sockets in Chrome
According to users, you can fix this problem simply by flushing sockets in Chrome. To do that, follow these steps:
- In the browser address bar paste chrome://net-internals/#events&q=type:SPDY_SESSION%20is:active and press Enter.
- Now in the top right corner click the down arrow and choose Flush sockets option.
- Check if the problem is resolved.
If the issue still persists, do the following:
- In the Chrome address bar enter chrome://net-internals/#sockets. Press Enter.
- Click the Flush socket pools button.
- After doing that, check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 2 – Add website to Avast Web Shield exclusions
Avast comes with Web Shield feature that is designed to protect you from harmful websites. Although this feature offers some form of protection, it can also cause Err spdy protocol error to appear.
To fix this problem you need to add the website that you can’t access to the list of exclusions in Avast Web Shield. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Avast GUI and go to Settings.
- Select Active Protection and click on Customize for Web Shield.
- Add the website address to URLs to exclude section.
- After adding websites that you can’t access the to the list, the error should be resolved.
Few users reported that they permanently fixed this issue by disabling HTTPS Scanning option in Avast. According to them, you can fix this issue simply by following these steps:
- Go to Avast > Settings.
- Select Active Protection > Web Shield.
- Locate Enable HTTPS Scanning option and disable it.
- Click OK to save changes.
- Flush sockets like we showed you in Solution 1 and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 3 – Restart your browser
According to users, sometimes you can fix this error simply by turning off and restarting your browser. After restarting the browser, check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 4 – Check if your browser is up to date
Sometimes there might be a bug with your browser that causes this error to appear. The simplest way to fix this problem is to download the latest updates for Google Chrome.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Click the Menu button in the top right corner and choose Settings from the menu.
- When Settings tab opens, click on About link from the menu on the left.
- As soon as you open this tab Google Chrome will check for updates and download them automatically.
- After downloading the updates, restart the browser and check if the error is resolved.
Keeping your browser up to date is important if you want to prevent errors such as this one from appearing, therefore we strongly suggest that you download the latest updates for your browser by following the steps above.
Solution 5 – Use Incognito mode
If you’re having Err spdy protocol error message while accessing certain websites, you might want to try accessing them using Incognito mode. This mode doesn’t use extensions and it doesn’t save cache to your PC, therefore you might be able to circumvent this problem by using Incognito mode.
To enter this mode, do the following:
- Click the Menu button in the top right corner.
- From the menu choose New incognito window. Alternatively you can use Ctrl + Shift + N shortcut.
- When Incognito mode starts, try to access the website and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 6 – Flush DNS and renew your IP
Sometimes flushing your DNS and renewing the IP address can fix this and many other network-related problems. This is a simple procedure, and in order to do it, you need to follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- After Command Prompt opens, enter ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Now enter ipconfig /release and press Enter. After that type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- After you’re done, close Command Prompt and check if the problem is resolved.
Keep in mind that you might have to configure your Internet connection again after performing these steps.
Solution 7 – Clear browsing cache
Sometimes your cache can cause this and many others errors to appear, but you should be able to fix this problem simply by deleting browsing cache. To clear the cache, do the following:
- Press the Menu button in the top right corner and choose More Tools > Clear browsing data.
- When Clear browsing data tab opens in Obliterate the following items from select the beginning of time option.
- Check Cookies and other site and plugin data, Cached images and files and Hosted app data. You can also select Browsing history and Download history, but those two options aren’t mandatory.
- Click Clear browsing data button and wait for Chrome to clear the cache.
- After doing that, restart the browser and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 8 – Disable your antivirus software
Users reported that this problem can occur due to your antivirus software, but you should be able to fix it by temporarily disabling it. If disabling the antivirus software fixes the problem, you might want to consider switching to a different antivirus program.
Users reported that they had issues with Avast antivirus, but after switching to Avira or any other antivirus solution, the error was completely fixed.
Solution 9 – Use Chrome Cleanup Tool
Some users are suggesting to use Chrome Cleanup Tool to fix this issue on Google Chrome, therefore you might want to try it. This tool can be used to remove problematic extensions that are interfering with your web browser and fix Err_spdy_protocol_error and other errors.
To fix this problem, simply download Chrome Cleanup Tool and run it. After the tool scans your PC, check if the problem is resolved.
Err spdy protocol error message can prevent you from accessing your favorite websites, but as you can see, this error can be solved by changing your antivirus configuration.
If that doesn’t help, feel free to try any other solution from this article.
- Quick fix for ‘Google Chrome Broken Image Icon’ error
- Mute sound on webpages with Silent Site Sound Blocker for Google Chrome
- Backspace is not working in Chrome, here’s why
- Fix: Chrome install fails on Windows 10
- Fix: “Aw, Snap!” error in Google Chrome
Windows 10 is an amazing platform, but sometimes you won’t be able to access certain files due to PC has blocked access to this file error. […]
Being one of the most popular brands of embroidery machines on the market, Brother is an incredibly user-friendly machine that can give you the possibility […]
For the proper functioning of the audio and speakers of your computer, Windows requires Sound Drivers. While the Sound Drivers are generally unaffected by anything, […]