Full Fix: Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Many users use printers almost every day, but some users reported Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 on their PC. This issue will prevent you from printing, so in today’s article we’ll show you how to fix it.
Printer errors can cause a lot of problems and prevent you from printing documents, and speaking of errors, here are some common printing problems that users reported:
- Error 0x800706b9: not enough resources are available to complete this operation – This is the full error message that you can encounter, and if you see this message, be sure to perform a full system scan.
- Windows 10 Print Spooler won’t start not enough resources – This is another common error that can appear. If you encounter this issue, be sure to create a new user account and check if that helps.
- Print Spooler not enough storage is available to complete this operation – Sometimes you might get this error message while trying to print a document. If this happens, just make a couple of small changes to your registry and the issue will be resolved.
Print Spooler error 0x800706b9, how to fix it?
- Check your system for malware
- Create a new user account
- Modify your registry
- Reset winsock
- Run the Printer troubleshooter
- Stop the Print Spooler service
- Perform a System Restore
- Update your printer drivers
Solution 1 – Check your system for malware
Several users reported that Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 was caused by malware infection. To fix this problem, it’s advised that you perform a full system scan and remove all malware from your PC.
You can use any antivirus to scan your PC, but bear in mind that not all antivirus tools are equally effective. Even if you scan your PC with Windows Defender or any other antivirus, the malware could remain undetected.
Therefore, it’s advised to use a reliable antivirus such as Bitdefender. This antivirus offers maximum protection, so it will be able to find any malware and remove it from your PC. Once you scan and remove the malware, the issue should be resolved.
Many users reported that malware was responsible for this problem, but after removing it, the problem was gone.
Solution 2 – Create a new user account
If you’re getting Print Spooler error 0x800706b9, it’s possible that the problem was caused by a corrupted user account. Repairing a corrupted account is a tedious and complex task, therefore it’s usually better to just create a new user account. To do that, just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to the Accounts section. If you want to quickly access the Settings app, just use Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Now choose Family & other people from the left pane. Now click Add someone else to this PC button in the right pane.
- Choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Type the desired user name and password and click Next.
After creating a new user account, switch to it and check if the problem is still there. If the issue doesn’t appear on the new account, you need to move your personal files to the new account and start using it instead of your old one.
Solution 3 – Modify your registry
Sometimes Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 error can occur due to certain settings. These settings can only be accessed through your registry, so in order to fix the problem you need to modify it. To do that, you just need to follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Now press Enter or click OK.
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesSpooler in the left pane. If you want, you can export this key and use it as a backup in case anything goes wrong after modifying the registry. In the right pane, double-click the DependOnService.
- Now delete http from the Value data filed and click OK.
After making these changes, restart your PC and check if the problem is still there. Several users reported that this method worked for them, so you might want to try it out. Just be cautious while modifying the registry and create a backup just in case.
Solution 4 – Reset winsock
According to users Print Spooler error 0x800706b9, can appear due to various reasons, but you can fix this problem simply by resetting winsock. This procedure is quite simple, and you can perform it simply by running a single command in Command Prompt. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Now choose Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
- When Command Prompt starts, run the netsh winsock reset command. Now restart your PC.
After your PC restarts, check if the problem is still there. A couple of users fixed this issue by performing running this command, so be sure to try it out.
- READ ALSO: FIX: Unable to Install Printer in Windows 10
Solution 5 – Run the Printer troubleshooter
If you’re getting Print Spooler error 0x800706b9, perhaps you can solve the problem simply by running the built-in troubleshooter. Windows comes with various troubleshooters, and you can use them to fix common problems automatically.
To fix this problem, you just need to run the printer troubleshooter by doing the following:
- Open the Settings app and go to the Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left. Now you just have to select Printer and click Run the troubleshooter button.
- Troubleshooting process will now start. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete it.
After the troubleshooting is finished, check if the problem with your printer is resolved. Troubleshooter might not be the most effective solution, but if you have some minor glitch on your system, you can fix it using this solution.
Solution 6 – Stop the Print Spooler service
If you’re having problems with Print Spooler error 0x800706b9, the issue might be related to the Print Spooler service. To fix the problem, it’s advised to restart this service and delete certain files. This is quite simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Now press Enter or click OK.
- Locate Print Spooler service on the list, right-click it and choose Stop from the menu.
- Minimize the Services window.
- Now open File Explorer and paste C:Windowssystem32spoolPRINTERS in the address bar. When the confirmation message appears, click Continue.
- Once you enter the PRINTERS folder, delete all files from it and close File Explorer.
- Go back to the Services window, right-click Print Spooler service and choose Start from the menu.
After doing that, the problem should be resolved and you’ll be able to print again without any issues.
Solution 7 – Perform a System Restore
If Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 started appearing recently, you might be able to fix it by using the System Restore feature. In case you’re not familiar, this feature allows you to restore your system to an earlier date and fix any recent problems. To use System Restore, just follow these steps:
- Type system restore in the search field. Now choose Create a restore point from the list.
- Once the System Properties window appears, click the System Restore button.
- System Restore window will now open. Click the Next button to continue.
- List of available restore points will appear. If available, check Show more restore points option. Select the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the restoration process.
After performing System Restore, your problem should be completely resolved and the printer will start working again.
Solution 8 – Update your printer drivers
In some instances, Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 can appear if your drivers out of date. Your drivers are a crucial component, and if your printer drivers are out of date or corrupted, you might encounter various errors.
However, you can easily fix most of these issues by updating your drivers. To do that, you just need to find your printer model, visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your printer.
Once you download and install the latest driver, the issue should be completely resolved and your printer will start working. Bear in mind that downloading drivers manually can sometimes be a tedious task, and many users tend to use third-party tools such as TweakBit Driver Updater to update their drivers.
This is a simple tool, and you should be able to update your drivers automatically with just a couple of clicks.
Print Spooler error 0x800706b9 can be problematic and prevent you from printing documents, and in most cases this issue is caused by malware or a corrupted user account. However, we hope that you managed to solve this problem by using one of our solutions.
- Fix: Can’t remove printer in Windows 10
- Fix: “The printer requires your attention” error
- Full Fix: Printer is not responding in Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Pictures have been published showing Microsoft’s ideas for a foldable device with lockable hinges. While we often see these patent diagrams that never make it […]
When boot errors occur, inexperienced users will usually panic. And, even though they’re indeed quite troublesome, they can be resolved without necessarily resorting to a […]
These days, movie making, once the preserve of professionals and Hollywood pros, is now something you too can do with the variety of movie making […]