How to fix error 0xc00d5212 in Windows Media Player
Error 0xc00d5212 is an error message that pops up for some Windows Media Player users when they try to play AVI videos. That error message states: “This item is was encoded in a format that’s not supported. 0Xc00d5212.” Consequently, WMP doesn’t play the video. Below are a few resolutions that should fix the error 0xc00d5212 for some users.
Check Out These Potential Fixes for Error 0xc00d5212 on WMP
- Convert the AVI Video to an Alternative Format
- Install K-Lite Codec
- Update the Display Adapter Driver
- Fix Corrupted Video File
- Play the Video With VLC
1. Convert the AVI Video to an Alternative Format
Error 0xc00d5212 will pop up when the correct codec required to support the AVI file isn’t installed. Thus, converting the AVI video to an alternative format Windows Media Player will likely play is one way to fix the issue. MP4 is among the most universal video file format that most media players play. Users can convert AVI videos to MP4s as follows.
- Open the Convert video to MP4 page at Online-Convert.com.
- Click the Choose Files button to select an AVI video that doesn’t play.
- Select a resolution on the Choose a Preset drop-down menu that matches your VDU’s resolution.
- Then click Start conversion.
- Select the Download option.
2. Install K-Lite Codec
As error 0xc00d5212 can be a codec issue, installing the all-in-one K-Lite Codec pack might fix the error. Users can do that by clicking Download on the Contents of K-Lite Codec Pack page. Then open the K-Lite setup wizard to install the pack. That should ensure there aren’t any codecs missing.
3. Update the Display Adapter Driver
Error 0xc00d5212 can also be due to an incompatible graphics card driver. Therefore, updating the display adapter’s driver might resolve the issue. To do so, check out Driver Booster 6. Users can add that software to Windows by clicking Free Download on the DB 6 page. When users launch DB 6, it will scan and then show users what devices, if any, require a driver update. Click Update All if the software lists a display adapter within the scan results.
4. Fix Corrupted Video File
If the error 0xc00d5212 error message occurs for one specific AVI file, that might be a corrupted file. Try playing alternative AVI videos in Windows Media Player to check if they play. If so, the one video that doesn’t play is probably corrupted.
- Users can fix corrupted AVI files with Remo Repair AVI, which is retailing at $69. To try out the demo version, click Free Download (for Windows) on the software’s page.
- Open Remo Repair’s setup wizard to install the software.
- Launch Remo Repair, and click its Browse button to select the AVI video to fix.
- Then press the Repair button.
- Thereafter, users can select Preview to check the repaired video. In the registered Remo Repair, users can also click Save to save the video.
5. Play the Video With VLC
VLC is a better media player than WMP that incorporates more built-in codecs. Thus, it’s an altogether more reliable video player than Windows Media Player. Some WMP users have also confirmed that their AVI videos that didn’t play in Windows Media Player played fine in VLC. Users can add VLC to Windows 10 by clicking Download VLC on this webpage.
VLC media player users can also fix corrupted AVI files. So, before splashing out on Remo Repair, try fixing an AVI with VLC. To do that, click Tools > Preferences in VLC. Select Input & Codecs on the left of the Preferences window. Select Always Fix on the Damaged or incomplete AVI file drop-down menu, and select the Save option. Thereafter, VLC might fix corrupted AVI clips when users play the videos.
Those resolutions will usually fix error 0xc00d5212 for most WMP users so they can play AVI videos. Switching to an alternative media player is probably the most straightforward, and best, resolution. As Microsoft hasn’t released a new WMP version since 2009, Windows Media Player is becoming increasingly antiquated media player software.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to Add AVI Codec to Windows Media Player in Windows 10, 8.1
- How to fix all corrupted video files on your Windows PC
Twitch is one of the most used live streaming video platforms, however, many users reported Unable to join call Twitch error. The developers at Twitch […]
Twitch is one of the most used and appreciated streaming services available on the market, but a large number of users reported Error fetching your […]
As one Microsoft employee reports on the company’s forum, you can now get notifications on your desktop every time your Skype contact come online. Also, […]